Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
I feel like he is so full of self loathing and really making his character a terrible hypocrite. I mean he preceded that whole thing with him delivering a feminist rant (which was directly the bits he used on SNL earlier this year), that's not on accident.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Charitably, I think he's hoping to make those people like the ones who did that to you, who see that scene, feel just as uncomfortable about it seeing it from an outside perspective.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
One reason the scene is so problematic is Louie went out of the way to make Pamela really unlikable the past few episodes by making her be so horrible to Louie, so then people like that poster sympathize with Louie instead of the assault victim. It doesn't matter how much she insults him or flicks his balls(to paraphrase his stand up act), its still sexual assault and he's still an attempted rapist and its still 100% his fault. However he conditioned people like that poster to never think about taken her side.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
She seemed a lot meaner than in previous seasons. Especially the whole "No one would ever want to be with you" stuff. Kind of like Todd Barry's "Your kids suck" except it seemed more of a serious statement. With Todd Barry it only comes off as funny because he's somehow twice as pathetic as Louie.

I do feel like Pamela is almost a completely different character than she was in season 2, probably set up that way in service to this story arc.

I really liked her in season 2 too. I'm afraid Louis C.K. tried to make her unsympathetic so we wouldn't hate him too much for that scene. And my fears are somewhat exacerbated when I see people like that poster basically confirming that's how they interpreted it. I guess I have to watch the fallout to see exactly where Louis is going with Louie. The absolute worst indictment on him would be if it just isn't addressed further.

greatn fucked around with this message at 13:05 on Jun 6, 2014

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Tom Hanks! I love this guy, everything he does is a gag!

"I have AIDS"

HA!

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax

Breadallelogram posted:

You've heard Seinfeld say oval office, human being, and friend of the family?

Yeah. Turns out its the punchline to his what's he deal with airline food bit.

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Only one guy is really posting those, you can put him on ignore.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Did anyone else just find out that Pamela Adlon is Bobby Hill?

• Locked thread