Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
That first scene with the garbage truck guys was already better than anything I've witnessed on tv in the past four months. I love this show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe
I thought that was the best episode of the season. Very moving, even if the message was obvious.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

Breadallelogram posted:

I thought that was what was happening when Louie came to school and all the cops were outside. I was getting a Breaking Bad vibe.

When the teacher stood up for Louie I got the feeling that he knew Louie actually stole them but that he liked Louie and wanted him to have a future. When Louie went and confessed to the teacher I assumed the teacher was gonna be like yeah I knew you took them but I stuck my neck out for you because I believe in you.

I was somewhat surprised when it didn't turn out that way.

Ginette Reno
Nov 18, 2006

How Doers get more done
Fun Shoe

LividLiquid posted:

He did a whole bit at the start of his show about how he should be able to say human being because he doesn't mean it as a slam against gay people.

It so completely misses the mark that I was thrilled when he took himself to task for it on his show.

It's a funny bit though, even if I disagree with the message he's sending.

I can't remember when he said it but I recall him saying once that a lot of what he likes about comedy is the ability to take things that are uncomfortable or even awful and make light of them so that those awful lovely things lose the power they have. That doesn't mean he's encouraging the use of the word human being or friend of the family. But maybe by joking about them he can make those awful things lose a little of their power so that the ability of those words and situations to cause such tremendous hurt to people can be lowered.

Sorta like how everyone on SA constantly makes 9/11 jokes. We laugh at awful things to lessen the pain of them. That's always been what comedy is all about.

Or maybe I'm just a terrible person for finding his bit about cinnabuns being a fat human being treat with hot jizz funny. I have enough self awareness to realize it probably is lovely of me to find that and many of the other things Louie says funny.

• Locked thread