Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman
So happy this is back. There's nothing like this show.

I had a huge smile on my face after watching these two back to back. There's something about TV Louie's total resignation and acceptance of all the poo poo that piles up on him that's weirdly uplifting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JayMax
Jun 14, 2007

Hard-nosed gentleman

No Wave posted:

Does anyone feel sorry for Louie? There are a few scenes, like the car-crushing, the garbagemen, and Liz's death which imply that the world is out to get him (which I don't like, and was one of the things about S3 I wasn't into), but normally he's a pretty active participant in his issues. I don't think the show's meant to imply that his issues are outside of his control (especially his weight), because where it actually matters to him, like with his kids, he's very competent.

It's not so much that the world is out to get him, it's more Louie's acceptance of it that's interesting to me.

• Locked thread