Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Jesus loving christ, people watched the whole episode, including the beginning where Louie and his brother go eat two full sized meals at two different places in a row after deciding they're not gonna be fat anymore, and they still could think nothing but "well stop being fat then you stupid fat bitch"? You hate fat people just as much as everyone else in the world, we get it.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can actually be bad at watching television. I mean it's the easiest poo poo in the world and you still gently caress it up. Come on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
I like how you guys think along the lines of "saying someone is fat is the same as saying they are a disgusting pig"

I mean don't get me wrong, I think that way too, but I at least have the consciousness to admit that it's because I'm not a very good person.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
It was just because he liked the actress. He really doesn't give a crap if his two snow white kids have a black mother in the show, it's funny.

Not only that, in the first season when we saw their mom's hand in a doorway it was white. And his mother has been two different characters. And sometimes he's got a brother and sometimes he's got a sister. And his kid was played by a different girl in the first episode.

The show doesn't really care that much about continuity, it is super not hard to grasp.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

Darko posted:

edit for responses to other parts of the thread: Also, he wrote this especially SO that people would talk about it. Complaining that people are talking about it makes no sense.

A discussion taking up more than a single page in a thread is like the number one most complained about this on this site. People hate discussions.

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Man what are you even talking about. None of those scenes had anything to do with the world being out to get Louie. They're just friggin jokes, dude. The first two were funny surreal scenes, one of which happens to like everybody who lives in a big city every week. Liz's death had nothing to do with Louie really, it was just a crazy fuckin terrifying thing that happened to him that got him to get his rear end out of the house and go do something interesting with his life for once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChairMaster
Aug 22, 2009

by R. Guyovich

No Wave posted:

but I think portraying something fundamentally ugly instead of something fundamentally noble is a waste of film.

What the gently caress

that's the dumbest thing i've ever read in my whole life

I feel like if this show was exactly the same except Louie CK was the showrunner and the main character was played by someone else with a different name people wouldn't have any of these stupid-rear end problems with it.

• Locked thread