Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Holy crap Ursula Parker. What a monster of a kid, it's actually kind of scary how (multi)talented she is. If she doesn't drop out of acting she's going to be loving huge in 10-15 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

SaltLick posted:

I think it was to a marriage before his ex wife since he doesn't have kids yet. Unless that whole "what if you got pregnant right then" was Lily being conceived. I'm not sure. He looks like he'd be in his early 20s at latest. Plenty of time to start his career, meet Janet and pop out a few.

No, it's the same wife. The change in actress doesn't matter. Neither does her skin colour.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

The fact that Louie actually had a positive "yessss" takeaway from that scene was the whole point, I feel. It was so messed up, it's deeply, deeply black comedy, and not at all out of character for the show or his stand up. To me it felt like he was actually tring to visualize one of those jokes where the whole punchline is just so absurdly out there and deliberately offensive.

Hakkesshu fucked around with this message at 11:43 on Jun 5, 2014

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

bubblelubble posted:

I feel this shouldn't have to be said but here goes: Just because the creator is a comedian doesn't mean the creation is solely a comedy.

I definitely still consider it a comedy at heart, just a very, very black one that's mostly experimental. The main point of the show seems to be to highlight the ways in which life and social interaction is loving weird if you think about it. I can see why people call it pretentious, but consider the notion that it is pretty much unlike every other show ever made, and I think it's perfectly fair for it to make some missteps along the way.

I will say, though, that the weirder the show gets, the more out of place the stand-up bits feel, since they're the only scenes that are firmly situated in anything resembling reality.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Awesome, finally a sequel to Pootie Tang!

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

This Opie & Anthony interview from when he was still married just popped up in my Youtube feed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbmVIKu7FlM

:stare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Man, after Robin Williams dying that one episode of Louie is even more surreal.

• Locked thread