Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

nutranurse posted:

That's what I like about his slapstick: the absurdist bent.

When he was in the coffee shop talking to his friend about his kid and that one young dude texting just walked into Louie and kept on walking without looking up? Hilarious. Especially Louie's annoyed, but resigned reaction.

Every single person in the coffee shop was on their phone and not moving or speaking in the background. it was great, reminded me of the bit where louie is hungover and goes to the coffee place and everyone's speaking nonsense

e: poo poo^

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

ChesterJT posted:

Yeah not only did it go on way too long but christ she acted like she had cancer.

as she said, she doesn't get the chance to unload that often.

anyway, louis was opening up his show to let somebody worse of than them get a little empathy and i thought it was great. I would have no idea what to say in that situation, and that;s good, cos it meant i just listened

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

ChesterJT posted:

I would say either accept it and own it or change it if you hate it so much. Some girls are big and like it that way. They have all the self confidence in the world and love themselves for who they are. The girl on Louie acted like she was one stranger's look away from jumping off a bridge. And then she unloads on Louie like it's his fault. He shouldn't be shamed because he doesn't find her physically attractive. She brow beat him until he felt bad. That's not a happy ending, that's pathetic on her part for spreading her misery around and pathetic on Louie's part for caving in.

It says a lot that she got all pissed when he tried to spare her feelings by saying she wasn't fat but she was happy when he held her hand which he was brow beaten into doing.

"cave into societies' demands or ignore them, for god's sake don't complain about them!" accept your weight or change is not the issue, everyone else has to accept your weight as well, otherwise you;re just going to have to smile while people piss on you.

Vicky was perfectly confident in her appearance, she was flirting with louis and all sorts, but that doesn't mean she doesn't feel or notice when people say mean things, or skirt around the issue of her weight like she's a leper or something. did you listen to her at all? she actually said that when she complains about her weight and society and stuff(like louis himself does) people think she's going to commit suicide, rather than just being observant and funny and justifiably annoyed. she wasn't acting like she was going to jump off a bridge, she was getting poo poo off her chest.

and she said herself (again, listen to what she said, it's on louis's youtube account) that she was just going to be a bit mean and generalise and use louis to represent all men so she could vent at men as a whole, who as a class of people, treat her like shite. and again, as she rightfully pointed out, it's not so much that louis isn't attracted to her, but that he senses his masculinity is vulnerable and could not take the "hit" of dating a fat woman, unlike the gorgeous men who do flirt confidently with her.

she unloads on louie particularly because it's the straw that broke the camel's back. she was having a great time with him, briefly mentioned life as a fat woman, and then he said that she wasn't fat. they both know that's a lie, and she pointed out that all that does is confirm that her weight is stigmatising. so yeah, she unloads on him (though she acknowledges, up front, verbally, that it's because she wants to just speak to men as a whole, but all she has is louis) but you can't say he didn't hurt her feelings and therefore didn't deserve it.

and he wasn't brow beaten, he couldn't take any more of the mirror she was holding up so her took her hand to shut her up. if he was brow beaten he would have let her talk.

nuzak fucked around with this message at 19:55 on May 13, 2014

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012

ChesterJT posted:

Yeah if only he would have let her get a word in...

He literally did take her hand to stop her saying painful stuff tho. he didn't resignedly take her hand, he just grabbed it when it was too much for him.

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012
The first episode of Louie showed him forcing himself on a woman, making roughly the same point, and the show has hit that same beat with regularity more than once a season I would say. Really don't think that scene with Pamela was necessary. even if blowback is coming in the next two parts (which weirdly have different titles? "in the woods", part 1 and 2), I would have preferred it to be more directly related to this episode, not have us wait a week to have Pam drop him off a roof for that horrible scene (if that's what's coming).

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012
i really liked the (keyboard?) music that played when louie was looking at his mum and going back to school.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nuzak
Feb 13, 2012
I liked the AV club's point that louie walking through a modern art museum and snorting is, in this season at least, the pot calling the kettle black.

• Locked thread