Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Whether you agree or not with whatever you think that scene's "argument" was, it was obviously goddamn thought-provoking. Bravo Louie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Red posted:

Literally anything else but pages of debate over fat acceptance or fat shaming or comparing being fat to being gay/religious/of a certain race.

Okay. As he said, let's hear it.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

King Vidiot posted:

90% or so of the people you see day-to-day, even in a huge city, are harmless folks, and are probably a lot more like you than you realize.

If every 1 in 10 people on the street are dangerous, that's a lot of dangerous people.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Gianthogweed posted:

You don't need to have a erection to jerk off

:crossarms:

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

It's barely a comedy anymore but I think it's loving great.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Irish Joe posted:

That's fair. Jane's been a little overused this season and some episodes has meandered a bit, but I still think this season has been solid.

Well, so far, at least. We haven't gotten to the 7 part episode yet.

We've seen parts 1-3 of the 6-part episode.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

cheerfullydrab posted:

This show doesn't have continuity like you imagine.

I agree with your post but it's funny that you say this during a 6-episode arc.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

This is allegedly what Amia said to Louie at the end of the episode:

quote:

while in bed: "this was a big mistake. we ruined a good thing we had. do you understand?"
as she is getting up: "we'll fix it somehow"
walking out the door: "everything will be alright"

And what she said to Jim Norton:

quote:

"You're very stupid. You're not funny at all."

This was posted on reddit and the poster said they found it on imdb forums, so could very well be fake.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

mobby_6kl posted:

No I don't mind the actress being white there because she's playing the other, first wife obviously.

No. That was Janet.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

It seems pretty obvious to me that Louie was supposed to look like a dumb rear end in a top hat in that scene. Am I wrong?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Jake Armitage posted:

Yeah guys, just be patient and wait for him to explain his totally disgusting, out of character, right from left field rape scene for poo poo's sake, what's wrong with you guys.

It wasn't out of left field at all considering it was almost exactly the same as the Amia sex scene.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Hoopy Frood posted:

I'm going to try to change the subject. Did anyone else realise that the man talking to himself on the subway was the lawyer Maurice Levy from The Wire?

I knew I recognized that guy!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Clark Kent posted:

I think it is possible he is taking on privalige.

He's not, and hahahaha.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Clark Kent posted:

i am not convinced. I think Louie does seem to be acting like the entitled white guy in that scene. To me there seemed to be some importance to the man's race there.

Louie yelled at a (black) guy for spitting on the bus. Spitting on the bus is bad and Louie was right. If it was supposed to be about white privilege, why would he have written a scene where he (the white guy) was correct?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Anaranjado posted:

Wasn't this show funny once? And not a big heaping helping of Serious Issues, preachy characters and cringeworthy awfulness? Jesus. I watched a few bits of my season one dvd the other day and it sounds like night and day.

How dare somebody do something different with a TV show.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

wukkar posted:

Man I was so worried the teacher would get fired for the theft.

I thought that was what was happening when Louie came to school and all the cops were outside. I was getting a Breaking Bad vibe.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

verybad posted:

Yeah she's definitely sort of in the same continuity (you know except for the brother/sister thing), or at least could be. Hey, didn't the guy who played Louie's dad here also play the part of some different relative in an earlier season? I have vague memories like he was an uncle or something.

The guy who played his uncle: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000719/?ref_=tt_cl_t2

Same actor, right?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Tokelau All Star posted:

"That same guy" is F. Murray Abraham! You guys really don't know who F. Murray Abraham is? He won the Academy Award! He killed Moe Zart! Homer wanted to get home in time so badly to see his appearance on Inside the Actors Studio that Grampa's kidneys blew up!

PS: Skip Sudduth deserves some kind of award for that. Next level performance.

Oh poo poo, he was Salieri. I knew I recognized him.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Ginette Reno posted:

Or maybe I'm just a terrible person for finding his bit about cinnabuns being a fat human being treat with hot jizz funny.

I'm right there with you.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Clark Kent posted:

Pretty much most comedians dislike political correctness. Everything i have heard him say on O&A, i have also heard Jerry Seinfeld or Chris Rock say on interviews as well.

You've heard Seinfeld say oval office, human being, and friend of the family?

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Yeah, not great that the overly aggressive rapey scene was completely ignored. But hey, we got to see Louie naked.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I also wanted more Jane.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Attempted rape can sometimes be the beginning of a beautiful relationship!

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

"This would be rape if you weren't so stupid"
"You can't even rape well"

He definitely would not have included those lines in the script if the audience wasn't supposed to think about sexual assault.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

"God this thread has terrible posts!"

*posts a terrible screed questioning the nature of rape*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Bown posted:

I appreciate that you feel strongly about this, but in all honestly, the specific examples I quoted just scream to me that you're bringing your own preconceptions and laying them on top of the show. This is the same kind of argument we heard about Wolf of Wall Street from people who thought it was glorifying Belfort and co. Just because you wanted Pamela to chew Louie out and it didn't happen doesn't mean the show is advocating what he did, holy gently caress!

I'm sorry that a lot of people are stupid. I really am, because it's a consistent pain in the rear end. But it doesn't mean CK should have to dumb down his show or lay out these really obvious "rape is bad" points. There is nothing actually in the scene or any of the following episodes that glorifies what he did or suggests it was in any way okay.

Except that he got exactly what he wanted by doing it???

• Locked thread