Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
White Rabbit
Sep 8, 2004

We Do Not Sow.
My appreciation for Louie is still very high despite the way he changed the formula since season 2, I enjoy watching him grow as a storyteller/director and I wouldnt be surprised if he made a few full feature films down the line, which would probably be enhanced by knowing the show where he developped his style... The way some of his characters are fully fledged organic people and some others are kept as one dimensional surreal jerks gives me a classic Woody Allen vibe.

But while I do hope he keeps busy with his show and keeps challenging himself and his audience with new storytelling that has less room for jokes and poo poo, I do miss seasons 1 & 2's constant surreal feel and how each episode felt like a journey. These episodes I can rewatch over and over again. I dont want to rewatch the Amia arc once. Except maybe the Tobb Berry bit...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

White Rabbit
Sep 8, 2004

We Do Not Sow.
Subway is one of the great sequence in the show. The hobo / violin player is such a brilliant bit, and the scene with Pamela at the flea market is also amazing. Perfect balance in terms of drama, conflict, surrealism and straight up funny stuff in that episode.

Now that this is over though I can say I didnt like this season. I'm not disapointed because he obviously cooked something precious to him during those two years, and the show is still interesting, relatable and well shot, but I found the Amia arc painfully unfunny and it tipped the balance between drama and comedy too much for me. Evidently it took too much screentime when we could have had some resolution with Jane's issues at school and more time with Pamela for example.

White Rabbit
Sep 8, 2004

We Do Not Sow.
what about Obama?

• Locked thread