Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

ZeusCannon posted:

Can you actually map those or are they strictly for the one game?

Still cool either way just curious

You can get a small adapter board like Teensy, so that you can plug it into a PC via USB. Not sure how much you can map, but I'm assuming so long as the buttons are all functional and recognized, they should all be usable.

Also, drat Invictus, I hope this makes your week/month!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!

Captain Invictus posted:

IT'S HEEEEEEEEEEEERE

YYYYEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH

now I just need to find a copy of the original manual in good condition.

three pedals, huh. those mechs have manual transmissions?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
buddy, these vertical tanks have manual everything

Nephzinho
Jan 25, 2008

Captain Invictus posted:

buddy, these vertical tanks have manual everything

I wish this series kept going so I could've justified buying that stupid thing. I'm afraid to look how much they go for now.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bought the one in the pictures, which was used literally once and then put back in the box and is complete aside from not having the oversized manual, for $310 shipped. that's $110 more than it retailed for, which, for something that is 22 years old, is not bad. I'm sure you can find one without the box for as much if not less. There's obviously idiots on ebay trying to sell MISB ones for three grand but you can absolutely find setups for around what I paid.

also, there are apparently adapters that allow you to plug it into a PC, and mods that let you use it in other games. I've heard that someone has made it so you can play Armored Core 6 with the Steel Battalion controller, which just sounds insane, but in a good way.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Steel Battalion is on my list of stupid stuff I want but won't buy because it'll just take up space. Juicero is also on that list. At least I'd probably at least try Steel Battalion once.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 21:22 on Mar 2, 2024

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

Captain Invictus posted:

also, there are apparently adapters that allow you to plug it into a PC, and mods that let you use it in other games. I've heard that someone has made it so you can play Armored Core 6 with the Steel Battalion controller, which just sounds insane, but in a good way.

oh poo poo

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

Nephzinho posted:

I wish this series kept going so I could've justified buying that stupid thing. I'm afraid to look how much they go for now.

Eh, the terrible sequel that required Kinect on the 360 kinda killed it. The gesture tracking was both horrible and exhausting.

NewFatMike
Jun 11, 2015

I’m very suddenly crushed by the lack of some Open Steel Battalion Controller project

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

NewFatMike posted:

I’m very suddenly crushed by the lack of some Open Steel Battalion Controller project

Oceangate Titan 2.0 controller :pray:

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug
I bought a very silly and frivolous thing. A table tennis training robot.

Just came today and it's even more fun than I thought it would be.

Not my video but this will give you an idea of what it's like.

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

We just played against the wall

the wall always won

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib

RCarr posted:

Probably too late now but get to Venice if you can. I hit all the spots you mentioned on my Italy trip and Venice was easily the most unique and probably the coolest place I’ve ever been.

I wish I could! But I won't be near it enough on any of my free time
I'm going with my friend's parish (Not religious but can't pass this chance to go!) so it's a whole prearranged trip

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Splurged on some tickets for a modern ballet thing called Mere Mortals. Looks like something they poke fun of in Big Lebowski so I'm pretty excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86dYdQOBlNU

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

Looks like they forgot to take their daily Prozium injections

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Mu Zeta posted:

Splurged on some tickets for a modern ballet thing called Mere Mortals. Looks like something they poke fun of in Big Lebowski so I'm pretty excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=86dYdQOBlNU

Using a quote from ChatGPT for your promo poster is such a dipshit move. gently caress this place.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

Inzombiac posted:

Using a quote from ChatGPT for your promo poster is such a dipshit move. gently caress this place.

It's SF what do you expect?

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

the AI art is even more egregious

ddiddles
Oct 21, 2008

Roses are red, violets are blue, I'm a schizophrenic and so am I
that looks like a portlandia sketch

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.
enjoy the wonka experience mk 2 I guess

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

lol that is wild... (hope you enjoy the event though sorry their marketing is so dumb)

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.
Open box iPad mini for a 370 piece.
Crapple MacBook Air M3 with 16 gigs and a terabyte for a song out the doorł.

Crapple!

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Inzombiac posted:

It is 100% perfect for what I understand the theme of this show to be.

Imperador do Brasil
Nov 18, 2005
Rotor-rific

A LEGO of my childhood hero

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Yep username checks out.

I want that set so bad.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Saw this in a store yesterday and had to really talk myself out of it lol. Please post when it's done!!

Dang It Bhabhi!
May 27, 2004

ASK ME ABOUT
BEING
ESCULA GRIND'S
#1 SIMP

Imperador do Brasil posted:

Can I get the tie rod to go through the minifig’s skull? Does it come with a remorseless Adrian Newey?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
You know damned well those never come with extra poo poo!

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -

I have been yearning to complete this for a while! I am just chuffed to have them. These are the final books in the Warhammer 40k Horus Heresy Saga, there are only 2500 copies printed of each book!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
drat, those look niiiiice. are they leatherbound? how much did those run you? I stopped reading the horus heresy around...The Flight of the Eisenstein, or Legion, one of those two, whichever came later.

Maudib Arakkis
Dec 24, 2023

LEST I GET MORE "OWNED" FOR BEING "STUPID" I WILL SAY THIS IS CATEGORICALLY UNTRUE. IT IS OFTEN PART OF DIAGNOSIS AND STAGING BUT IS ALMOST USELESS FOR TREATMENT.

Yeet posted:

I have been yearning to complete this for a while! I am just chuffed to have them. These are the final books in the Warhammer 40k Horus Heresy Saga, there are only 2500 copies printed of each book!

Epic looking little numbers there op. Got any pics of the pages?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
also it's no surprise they'd have their absolute best writing talent do the most important trio of books in the entirety of the history of the franchise and company lol

Dan Abnett is a treasure

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

They’re pretty good stories but really suffered from a lack of Ciaphas Cain.

Yeet
Nov 18, 2005

- WE.IGE -

Captain Invictus posted:

drat, those look niiiiice. are they leatherbound? how much did those run you? I stopped reading the horus heresy around...The Flight of the Eisenstein, or Legion, one of those two, whichever came later.

Maudib Arakkis posted:

Epic looking little numbers there op. Got any pics of the pages?

Thank you! They are leather, with deboss logos on the front. I will try to remember to take pictures when I get back from work, unfortunately I am two states away from home. I can't remember exactly how much but in total it was (way) more than $1,000, less than two. When Vol. 3 came out the prices skyrocketed, that one alone is close to a grand on eBay now.

^^Ciaphas Cain - I'll be honest I had to look this one up but this just tickles me: "This pattern of returning alive after being declared dead occurred often enough during Cain's career that the Munitorum made a special ruling that Ciaphas Cain is to never be considered dead, despite evidence to the contrary."

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It’s extremely “Rincewind with a chainsword, las pistol, and somehow just as ridiculous of a hat”. They’re not deep books but they’re fun and treat the subject matter with exactly as much seriousness as it deserves.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The ciaphas Cain series is specifically, and almost literally, the Harry Flashman series but 40k.

ravenkult
Feb 3, 2011

Back at the flea market for more old photos and postcards, but also picked a random handmade Romanian traditional folk dress doll from the 70s.

His Divine Shadow
Aug 7, 2000

I'm not a fascist. I'm a priest. Fascists dress up in black and tell people what to do.
A power supply with CV and CC functionality, also remote sensing. Got ti home last night and everything works, 0-20VDC, 10 amps, made in the UK. Not bad for 30 bucks.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I bought these stickers from Dokibird and they're super well made and adorable. I mostly bought them to support her after the bullshit she was going through, but they're also such fantastic little stickers that I'm probably gonna put some on my car.

she mentioned in one of her first streams back that she had to emergency shut down her etsy store because after the nijisanji debacle began she got 200+ orders overnight so I'm glad I got them when I did lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Warbird
May 23, 2012

I don't know what any of that means but the stickers are nice.

Edit: God drat it of course it's VTuber stuff. Still good stickers.