Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Waste of Breath
Dec 30, 2021

I only know🧠 one1️⃣ thing🪨: I😡 want😤 to 🔪kill☠️… 😈Chaos😱… I need🥵 to. [TIME⏰ TO DIE☠️]
:same:

owl_pellet posted:

I'm looking for long v-neck undershirts. Mine are always getting untucked and I hate it. I've tried tall versions of regular undershirts before but they also make the sleeves longer and I don't like it. Anyone?

I found some super long a shirts that I like that aren't oversized, but doesn't sound like what you're looking for. Are you looking at medium-tall type sizing, or specifically "tall tees"? Unfortunately the "tall tee" brand I would have recommended seems to have pivoted to a boxy cut in line with current styles which would make a bad undershirt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

An undershirt that is extra long but otherwise has normal proportions. Although now that you mention it, I'm not necessarily against A shirts if they are long enough to stay tucked in. I could get the tall versions of those for the extra length and not have to worry about longer sleeves. I'll look into it.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
Got some new kicks

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I remember the Duluth trading company very specifically having ads for longer shirts to combat *plumber's crack*.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Kinda lost but honestly can't think of a better thread to post in.

I'm trying to find something that I don't know exists or not.

I found some water dispensers that just connect to a big 3 or 5 gallon bottle, and I want to get one, but I want to have COLD water, and I cannot seem to find anything that can cool down a bigass bottle like that. I thought maybe some kinda mini fridgeish thing but I can't find anything even remotely close.

I've found water dispensers, countertop versions, even some with hot and cold water, but nothing that can cool the bottle itself.

Anyone know of anything or if it even exists? I just wanna drink cold water from the sci fi desk desk spigot thing.

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS
Dec 10, 2003

...blyat
what?

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Are you talking about an office water cooler? It's kinda right in the name...

Alternatively, kegorator.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

America's Favorite Dumbass

Contrary to the name I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tank one that cools the water, at least in an office. It’s usually just room temp. Newer stuff just uses water lines and will add flavors and so on.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Kinda lost but honestly can't think of a better thread to post in.

I'm trying to find something that I don't know exists or not.

I found some water dispensers that just connect to a big 3 or 5 gallon bottle, and I want to get one, but I want to have COLD water, and I cannot seem to find anything that can cool down a bigass bottle like that. I thought maybe some kinda mini fridgeish thing but I can't find anything even remotely close.

I've found water dispensers, countertop versions, even some with hot and cold water, but nothing that can cool the bottle itself.

Anyone know of anything or if it even exists? I just wanna drink cold water from the sci fi desk desk spigot thing.

You mean one of those standalone water dispenser sort of deals with the giant plastic replaceable tanks? They have models that can heat the water so I’d be surprised if they didn’t have the opposite. It wouldn’t be the tank though, you’d just be “last mile-ing” the dispensed liquid.

You’d have better results and spend far less money just putting some ice in the cup bud.

Warbird has a new favorite as of 15:48 on Mar 31, 2024

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

We definitely had one that cooled water in the office for a while.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
The tank ones chill and heat the water, at least the ones I've used. My aunt has one.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

It does not surprise me in the slightest that my former cheap rear end employers would not spring for the good water tank dispensers.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I've got a standalone one I need to set up that has heat/cold, but the one I was looking at for "how do we make this cold?" was this type of desktop one: https://a.co/d/ajRPG9u

It just pumps the water from the bottle and that's it. I was just hoping someone knew of a cost effective way to cool the bottle down. Kegorater or whatever it's called is a good idea but it's like 500+ bucks which is way out of the budget for "cold water from neat spigot", unfortunately.

amenenema
Feb 10, 2003

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

I've got a standalone one I need to set up that has heat/cold, but the one I was looking at for "how do we make this cold?" was this type of desktop one: https://a.co/d/ajRPG9u

It just pumps the water from the bottle and that's it. I was just hoping someone knew of a cost effective way to cool the bottle down. Kegorater or whatever it's called is a good idea but it's like 500+ bucks which is way out of the budget for "cold water from neat spigot", unfortunately.

So you want to cool a 5 gallon jug of water but a refrigerator is too expensive. Sorry dawg not sure what else you thought might be an option?

Desktop ice maker? Homebrew liquid nitrogen piped through a coil wrapped around the water line? Put the jug outside in the winter??

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
No, a kegorater is too expensive. If there's some kind of a mod I can do to a mini fridge or some kinda already built ice chest looking thing, that's a bit different.

Hell, for all I know they make some kinda cooling down sleeve thing for the 3 or 5 gallon bottles that I can plug in my wall. The point of the post was I can't find anything like that and I don't know if it exists.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
A kegerator is just a modded minifrig, there are tons of DIY guides out there.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I’ve never seen a water cooler that DIDN’T chill the water. People are just drinking room temperature water out of those? lol

I have one in my house I bought from Home Depot for like $100.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yea, I'm thinking it might just be easier to drill a hole in the top of a mini fridge and then just silicone caulk around the tubing. I can always insulate the tubing leaving the fridge and going to the dispenser.

Appreciate the lead idea!

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe
Why do you need to cool the whole 5 gallon jug? The office coolers cool down some internal reservoir that gets despensed maybe 24-64oz if I had to guess. Some even offer hot and cold spigots.

UwUnabomber
Sep 9, 2012

Pubes dreaded out so hoes call me Chris Barnes. I don't wear a condom at the pig farm.
Pete and Pete covered this years ago.

https://youtu.be/7cQ_NupL1wA?si=05DJzpyQBTREppwI

tumblr hype man
Jul 29, 2008

nice meltdown
Slippery Tilde

owl_pellet posted:

I'm looking for long v-neck undershirts. Mine are always getting untucked and I hate it. I've tried tall versions of regular undershirts before but they also make the sleeves longer and I don't like it. Anyone?

Uniqlo made the ones I wear under my collared shirts for work. They're a nice thin light synthetic that's pretty long with short sleeves.

AceClown
Sep 11, 2005

owl_pellet posted:

Have a look for "base layer" and you should get some hits

They tend to be a lot longer than normal tshirts

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

AceClown posted:

Have a look for "base layer" and you should get some hits

They tend to be a lot longer than normal tshirts

As someone that just ordered 4 merino base layer v necks from 2 brands (Icebreaker and Patagonia) I don't find this to be true at all. I even sized up and they're still shorter than my normal shirts.

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
Cold weather base layers tend to be long, so you can overlap layers at transitions. Warm weather base layers tend to be short, for the opposite reason.

Wifi Toilet
Oct 1, 2004

Toilet Rascal
These are probably a little heavier than undershirts and I have no idea how long the sleeves would be on you, but I daily their crew necks and love them.

https://tallslimtees.com/products/original-v-neck?variant=42905211338991

Cobra Commander
Jan 18, 2011

Maybe you can rig up some mod to cool down your five base layer shirts all at once with a neat spigot.

dreesemonkey
May 14, 2008
Pillbug

Apparently my switch has some ports that are dead/dying/intermittent. Spent way too long troubleshooting this.

Cryomancer
Jan 22, 2005

Indeed.
http://tiny.cc/y79mxz

Anova has their base model on sale for $70. I got it in a few days ago and on Sunday, I decided to make a super healthy and horrifying meal of COMPLETELY unseasoned chicken, brown rice and steamed broccolini. The chicken was super juicy and tender, and now with that baseline out of the way, I look forward to using it for REAL meals.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Cryomancer posted:

http://tiny.cc/y79mxz

Anova has their base model on sale for $70. I got it in a few days ago and on Sunday, I decided to make a super healthy and horrifying meal of COMPLETELY unseasoned chicken, brown rice and steamed broccolini. The chicken was super juicy and tender, and now with that baseline out of the way, I look forward to using it for REAL meals.

Thanks for the heads up! I've been wanting to get one for a long while and I like the redesign and price.
Gonna make so much goddamn salmon, which does great in the air fryer but I'm excited for the one-bag healthy meals.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
I had that model Anova but then gave it to my sister & her husband as a Christmas gift, as I "upgraded" to a Vesta sous vide system as it was WiFi-compatible.

In retrospect I wish I kept it. I'll probably get the higher end Anova in the future.

Cryomancer
Jan 22, 2005

Indeed.
I'm all giddy about sous vide now, just like when I got my first deep fryer, and I just wanted to deep-fry shoes, auto parts and young children!

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
I think I gave my dad a sous vide thing as a christmas gift at one point but I dunno if he ever even used it. might ask him if I can have it if he never opened it. got a good starter guide to using one?

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
I got my Anova as a gift from my brother who was managing a restaurant at the time and he found a couple of them in the basement that had absolutely no records/use so he was like "I'm taking these."

I feel like I only use it for special occasions, but if it is a rather thick cut steak, you really notice the difference.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen
Sous vide allows you to do this:

Had this lamb shoulder cooked at 134°F for about 40 hours.

I should note the day before I did smoke it too (hence the nice smoke ring seen). I prefer smoking before sous vide as IMO the smoke flavors seem to be more intense & thoroughly infused through the food.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

You have my attention. So are you hitting it for a few hours and pulling out before/during the stall and just letting the SZ take it up to 200 or whatever for however long as it takes? That looks real nice but good god that bark.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Android Apocalypse posted:

Had this lamb shoulder cooked at 134°F for about 40 hours.

I'm such an idiot I thought, "Certainly that's not worth waiting a whole week."
Workcel mindset cannot comprehend the Lambchad.

Android Apocalypse
Apr 28, 2009

The future is
AUTOMATED
and you are
OBSOLETE

Illegal Hen

Warbird posted:

You have my attention. So are you hitting it for a few hours and pulling out before/during the stall and just letting the SZ take it up to 200 or whatever for however long as it takes? That looks real nice but good god that bark.

More or less. Smoked until I hit an internal temp of 145°F (when the stall usually happens), then put in a sous vide bag with some ancho & guajillo chilis before chilling in the fridge overnight. Saturday morning the lamb went into a 135°F sous vide for 40 hours, so that it was ready Sunday. When it came out of the bag I did a quick sear in a 500°F oven to get a nice crust while making a pan sauce with the drippings, the Malbec we drank with the meal, and some butter.

Warbird
May 23, 2012

That sounds real nice, I wish I didn't hate the taste of lamb. I should see how a pork butt plays, but I'm not sure the water could be kept hot enough. I'll have to remember to read up on it later.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I’ve done pork butt for pulled pork many times with my sous vide setup. I forget what the exact temperature was (I just check the Serious Eats guide each time) but it didn’t have trouble holding temp. I’m using an 8-year-old Anova circulator with water in a biggish cambro, and ping-pong balls on top to reduce heat and water loss for a long cook.

Flint_Paper
Jun 7, 2004

This isn't cool at all Looshkin! These are dark forces you're titting about with!

Inzombiac posted:

PYF Recent Purchases: Workcel mindset cannot comprehend the Lambchad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

Inzombiac posted:

cooking the lamb for 8 hours a day, then letting it rest for 16, as adam smith intended