Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
If you dig a basement in the south even if you're lucky enough to not live in a swamp doesn't it just fill up with bugs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Night Danger Moose
Jan 5, 2004

YO SOY FIESTA

cyberia posted:

(just the dark blue one in the middle)
Gonna need a link to these.

cyberia
Jun 24, 2011

Do not call me that!
Snuffles was my slave name.
You shall now call me Snowball; because my fur is pretty and white.

Night Danger Moose posted:

Gonna need a link to these.

I just found them on eBay by searching for 'Sailor Moon bra'. They were only AUD20 so they're probably knock-offs but I didn't really want to spend close to $100 on the genuine ones.

E: This is the link from the eBay app. No idea if it will work properly though as I'm phone-posting.

cyberia has a new favorite as of 23:45 on May 8, 2014

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

That stem had better be flipped over.

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

JEEVES420 posted:

Here in Texas nobody builds basements for two reasons. One you only have to go down past the freeze line and unlike in the north where that is couple feet down, we only have to go down like 6in so they are not as cost effective as a slab and building above ground. Second the ground moves like no other down here so a basement is just a bad idea. Foundation repair is almost guaranteed to be needed and a basement would mean cracked walls/much worse structure problems.

Also garage in the back is the way to go if you have a bunch of tools/expensive stuff. No need to advertise to anyone driving by while you're working out there.

Yeah, I figured you just lived somewhere where they aren't common/advised.

I'm not a homeowner, but if/when I do become one, I'm glad I live in the northeast where basements are the norm, because I loves me a basement.

Like...where do you put all your stuff? You have a garage, I guess, but that's where cars go! I guess you can just make the garage larger, but a basement is more efficient in terms of square footage.

But then I guess with less rain, and pretty much no snow, a garage for the car isn't needed as much.

JEEVES420
Feb 16, 2005

The world is a mess... and I just need to rule it

DrBouvenstein posted:

Yeah, I figured you just lived somewhere where they aren't common/advised.

I'm not a homeowner, but if/when I do become one, I'm glad I live in the northeast where basements are the norm, because I loves me a basement.

Like...where do you put all your stuff? You have a garage, I guess, but that's where cars go! I guess you can just make the garage larger, but a basement is more efficient in terms of square footage.

But then I guess with less rain, and pretty much no snow, a garage for the car isn't needed as much.

I grew up in Rhode Island with no garage and in a Raised Ranch (finished basement making it a "two story"). We had a shed for tools and what not and cleaned the cars off every morning. Texas you just make room for cars or use it all for poo poo and park in front...Also attics are much larger. Cheaper to build up than down/out.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

JEEVES420 posted:

I grew up in Rhode Island with no garage and in a Raised Ranch (finished basement making it a "two story"). We had a shed for tools and what not and cleaned the cars off every morning. Texas you just make room for cars or use it all for poo poo and park in front...Also attics are much larger. Cheaper to build up than down/out.

I bought one of those tuff sheds last year. 10x10 barn style. Bad idea. Now it's just filled with poo poo I don't want to organize.

Erudite Sybarite
Jun 11, 2007

Is that a first edition? I'm oddly aroused.

That flag isn't for me, but it is in my living room.

RedneckwithGuns
Mar 28, 2007

Up Next:
Fifteen Inches of
SHEER DYNAMITE

Erudite Sybarite posted:

That flag isn't for me, but it is in my living room.

Please find a way to combine these two TIA

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I got my biggest tax return ever a few weeks ago and, in addition to getting new front wheels on my car and eating a shitload of fast food, I'm buying some things I've been wanting to get for quite a while. Things like two beaver pelts, and a white ermine, and a mink, and some deerskin leather that was cheap because it was sort of discolored, and a bunch of rabbit furs for kid to play with. I've got the furs piled up, along with my raccoon skin, in one big pile of fur. If I have two or three hundred dollars left I'd like to get a bearskin so I won't freeze at overnight events. Having a pile of fur might sound weird, but believe me, it feels awesome. Also feels soft.

eta- should have also said that I do living history so I am not just some fur-obsessed weirdo.

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 14:03 on May 9, 2014

Tulip Candy
Jan 23, 2007

I love tuna fish and field mouse pudding.

2 tickets for a 35mm showing of Princess Mononoke at a local theater. The husband has never seen it so it should be fun! They are showing almost every Ghibli movie until June and I wish I had the time to go to every single one.

A replacement trash can because I have discovered that white trash cans look disgusting after a while. Never again.

Tulip Candy has a new favorite as of 06:50 on May 9, 2014

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

HTC One M8

Finally giving up on my iPhone 4.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

lookslikerain posted:

HTC One M8

Finally giving up on my iPhone 4.

Going from the 4 to the 5s was an amazing head exploding experience. Just prepare for that when you can't handle the new increase in speed.

Lump Shaker
Nov 20, 2001

trickybiscuits posted:

I got my biggest tax return ever a few weeks ago and, in addition to getting new front wheels on my car and eating a shitload of fast food, I'm buying some things I've been wanting to get for quite a while. Things like two beaver pelts, and a white ermine, and a mink, and some deerskin leather that was cheap because it was sort of discolored, and a bunch of rabbit furs for kid to play with. I've got the furs piled up, along with my raccoon skin, in one big pile of fur. If I have two or three hundred dollars left I'd like to get a bearskin so I won't freeze at overnight events. Having a pile of fur might sound weird, but believe me, it feels awesome. Also feels soft.

eta- should have also said that I do living history so I am not just some fur-obsessed weirdo.

Thanks for the clarification. Now that doesn't sound weird at all...

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

Got sick of my heavy, noisy, bulky toshiba sattelite with it's 90 minute battery life. Needed something good for travel so I got the 11" model.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

I just bought this magnet off amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00123YGCC

Turns out my mailman is a bit of a joker.

beanieson
Sep 25, 2008

I had the opportunity to change literally anything about the world and I used it to get a new av

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

What do you do with something like that?

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

beanieson posted:

What do you do with something like that?

So far we have just thrown paperclips at it. We are going to try and make ferrofliud out of copier toner tomorrow.

And we just put together this simple motor with it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvSbKz6SXjM

The Fuzzy Hulk has a new favorite as of 06:41 on May 10, 2014

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

This is excellent.

Zikan
Feb 29, 2004

I should be buying clothes for work but instead I bought this

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

I bought an espresso machine and grinder

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

This is funny but wouldn't something that magnetic mess with sorting and scanning machines and stuff during shipping.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Lilleput posted:

I bought an espresso machine and grinder

Which espresso machine is that?

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

colas posted:

Which espresso machine is that?

Bezzera BZ10

The grinder is a Macap M2D

colas
Feb 14, 2007

They're always so expensive. Can you even get a decent espresso machine for $500 or less?

FishBulb
Mar 29, 2003

Marge, I'd like to be alone with the sandwich for a moment.

Are you going to eat it?

...yes...
Sure

Lilleput
Jul 22, 2006

colas posted:

They're always so expensive. Can you even get a decent espresso machine for $500 or less?

The Rancilio Silvia is probably the cheapest espresso machine, that is recommendable

The Science Goy
Mar 27, 2007

Where did you learn to drive?

Lilleput posted:

The Rancilio Silvia is probably the cheapest espresso machine, that is recommendable

We've got a Breville Duo-Temp thermoblock machine for a wedding present, and it's not terrible. It's certainly not café quality, and I wouldn't want to drink it straight, but it makes perfectly acceptable lattes for the morning commute. That Rancilio just got added to my Amazon wish list, though... That would be a lovely upgrade.

On topic, bought some flowers for my mom and a tomato plant for the porch.

Miss Kalle
Jan 4, 2013

This avatar is lacking a certain something, don't you think? IT'S MISSING YOUR SCREAMS, TRANSFER STUDENT!
Bought a couple lipsticks from Impulse Cosmetics a few days ago.

Ember

Bombshell

Looks like all their stock got wiped out, I know they've been recommended through Tumblr recently so that might be why.

Gag Reflex
Mar 20, 2009
Happy birthday to me

rotaryfun
Jun 30, 2008

you can be my wingman anytime

Gag Reflex posted:

Happy birthday to me

So so so very hot. Which coffee shops do you frequent so we can ride together and I can bask in your Ducti aura?

PS don't die

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Finally decided to start cooking like a sane person, plus it has a meat probe. GOTTA LOVE PROBING STUFF.

Now I just gotta find recipes for things to cook that are vaguely healthy.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=2775050&pagenumber=2

Slow cookers own. That thread also owns.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Getting a database error. Is it an archived thread? I heard those had sort of somehow poo poo themselves in the last few days.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
http://www.amazon.com/LV-Quality-Leather-Samsung-SAMSUNG/dp/B00B690AIG/ref=pd_sbs_cps_37?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZQ1EXQPT35C00CFPRE7

Grabbed one of these cheap rear end cases for my phone and shimmied my license and bank card into it, so now when I leave the house I only need to grab one thing and it also protects the phone. It's nice, you should get one.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Supreme Allah posted:

http://www.amazon.com/LV-Quality-Leather-Samsung-SAMSUNG/dp/B00B690AIG/ref=pd_sbs_cps_37?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZQ1EXQPT35C00CFPRE7

Grabbed one of these cheap rear end cases for my phone and shimmied my license and bank card into it, so now when I leave the house I only need to grab one thing and it also protects the phone. It's nice, you should get one.

S3 Mini? Ouch.

Just got this Saturday in the mail:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B004M6UDF0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

big mean giraffe posted:

S3 Mini? Ouch.

I'd keep a dumb flip phone with buttons if I had my druthers, but it was free and lets me ignore e-mails on the go.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Supreme Allah posted:

That's one way to look at it. To me it makes the phone hugely bulky and a single point of failure for loss. Phone got stolen? Your ID and debit card are gone too!

I could see how women would like it in place of a purse or something.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Magic Underwear posted:

That's one way to look at it. To me it makes the phone hugely bulky and a single point of failure for loss. Phone got stolen? Your ID and debit card are gone too!

I could see how women would like it in place of a purse or something.

If I lose it I'd be fully screwed, so it is like a purse. I have a little purse.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rap Game Goku
Apr 2, 2008

Word to your moms, I came to drop spirit bombs

Best part about moving offices is buying new toys:

HP m476dw Color laser, fax, copy, scan. I've also spent more than I expected on office supplies, but I won't bore you with pictures of paper clips.