Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Now you can have autoerotic asphyxiation fun with all of your friends!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockii
Mar 6, 2013

It's Mr. Steal Yo Power
I'm not going to sext anymore I'm just going to send women a picture of this amazon order

Nicolas
Apr 9, 2005

they'll be afraid
because they don't have any faith
they'll claim that they believe but that is not how they behave

2014 Topps Chrome Star Wars Perspectives

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rockii posted:

I'm not going to sext anymore I'm just going to send women a picture of this amazon order

Is What Do You Care What Other People Think all about the Challenger explosion or what? Don't lend you Bukowski stuff out, you won't get them back. I learned that the hard way.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

My friends were all getting kind of sick of Cards Against Humanity, and I heard this was fun.

davebo
Nov 15, 2006

Parallel lines do meet, but they do it incognito
College Slice

Coffee And Pie posted:

My friends were all getting kind of sick of Cards Against Humanity, and I heard this was fun.

It is but it's really quick and gets old after a bit, which is good because you won't get sucked into a 2-3 hour stint like sometimes happens with CAH.

couldcareless
Feb 8, 2009

Spheal used Swagger!

Coffee And Pie posted:

I found a good way to revitalize CAH was a new game "Pictionary against humanity" where you use randomly drawn white cards as a Pictionary category. Get a dry erase board and some markers and have at it.

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

Jeherrin posted:

LaCie Cloudbox. I got the 3TB version.

I was so disappointed when my Lacie external 1TB started to die after only a few years. Has a hard time spinning up now so I raced to get all the info off it. The last Lacie that I bought was a 160gb back in 2002 or so and it still loving works. I have everything backed up on portables now that aren't constantly powered on or in use.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Or just keep funneling money at them for new expansions!

Speaking of, contributing to the thread:

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

colas posted:

Is What Do You Care What Other People Think all about the Challenger explosion or what?

More or less. Surely You're Joking and half of What Do You Care are basically a connection of funny / entertaining / interesting anectodes about Feynman's life, the other half of What Do You Care is a serious retrospecitve on the investigation into the Challenger explosion, as told from Feynman's perspective.

e: added spoiler-tags in case someone (probably the dude who bought the books) doesn't want to know what's in them beforehand.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

The Game of Things is a good break from CAH. It really lets your horrible creativity run wild

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

SaltLick posted:

The Game of Things is a good break from CAH. It really lets your horrible creativity run wild
This post is truth. One of my former bandmates had The Game of Things so we used to play it pretty often a few years ago when a bunch of friends would come over to his house. It's amazing the kinds of hosed up poo poo that can come out of your friends' heads that you never would've imagined. And half the time it seemed to end up with us looking up definitions of words/phrases on Urban Dictionary and laughing so hard we almost choked.

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

I Might Be Adam posted:

I was so disappointed when my Lacie external 1TB started to die after only a few years. Has a hard time spinning up now so I raced to get all the info off it. The last Lacie that I bought was a 160gb back in 2002 or so and it still loving works. I have everything backed up on portables now that aren't constantly powered on or in use.

The Network Attached Storage devices have a power-down option, so that after x minutes of no use, the HDD spins down. Should help, I hope...

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Jeherrin posted:

The Network Attached Storage devices have a power-down option, so that after x minutes of no use, the HDD spins down. Should help, I hope...
Haven't seen a post ~2008 usb enclosure that doesn't allow for spin down either.

And I'm going to guess that I might be Adam's 1TB drive that died was one of the crap WD Greens.

NAS is the poo poo though.

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Booblord Zagats posted:

Not this exact one, but my sister sells planes for a living and my brother is a licensed pilot, so the two of us and my sister in law are pitching in and buying him a used 1999 Diamond DA20 off one of my sister's clients. Mechanically and structurally it's amazing, but the upholstery is jacked and he's saying he'll want to pull out most of the avionics and go digital.

All in all though, I can't wait till he takes me flying in it

Easiest plane to learn how to fly plus they don't stall aggressively, but costs as much as 2 good Cessnas and can't go IFR. Still neat though.

Edit: don't spend tens of thousands of dollars on avionics for a VFR only airplane.

Rolo has a new favorite as of 02:23 on May 16, 2014

Jeherrin
Jun 7, 2012

Flipperwaldt posted:

Haven't seen a post ~2008 usb enclosure that doesn't allow for spin down either.

And I'm going to guess that I might be Adam's 1TB drive that died was one of the crap WD Greens.

NAS is the poo poo though.

Slow upload though, which is a PITA. And my router is currently crapping out intermittently, which makes backing up my 250GB music collection a royal pain. But being able to access it from anywhere with an internet connection is essential for my job, so I'll suck it up.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

I got this table. Haven't done any serious art on it yet though.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

New glasses to replace my old ones that broke, $36 from Zenni. Screw the eyewear industrial complex.

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 11:58 on May 16, 2014

Oh Noetry
Jul 3, 2008

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013.

I'm not a gamer, I just wanted a mechanical keyboard and this had most of the features I was after for a pretty decent price (compared to retail price for it in Australia).

Abbeh
May 23, 2006

When I grow up I mean to be
A Lion large and fierce to see.
(Thank you, Das Boo!)

Josh Lyman posted:

New glasses to replace my old ones that broke, $36 from Zenni. Screw the eyewear industrial complex.

If you actually wanted to "screw the eyewear industrial complex" you'd find an independent store and buy from them. Enjoy your glasses that will probably break within a year and no one will help you adjust them...

manchego
Feb 16, 2007

MEANWHILE,

Oh Noetry posted:

Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013.

I'm not a gamer, I just wanted a mechanical keyboard and this had most of the features I was after for a pretty decent price (compared to retail price for it in Australia).

For what it's worth, I really like mine. I have the 2012 one (I think? It has blue backlighting). I've had zero issues with mine, though I kept the plastic cover it was shipped with to help keep the dust off when I'm not using it. That might be more OCD than you're willing to do :)

SLOSifl
Aug 10, 2002

Abbeh posted:

If you actually wanted to "screw the eyewear industrial complex" you'd find an independent store and buy from them. Enjoy your glasses that will probably break within a year and no one will help you adjust them...
I have a pile of $10 glasses from Zenni/GlassesShop, and one good pair from a real glasses shop.

The cheap one's won't last forever and I don't expect them to.

screenwritersblues
Sep 13, 2010
Grabbed a few things when I was in the City yesterday.

From the Series 2 of the Kidrobot Futurama blind box Series 2: Fry as Captain Yesterday

The first issue of the first comic book series that I'm ever committing to.

From The Strand

I seem to have an addiction to buying books from this place.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's

To ease the pain of having to buy

Windshield

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

A mini reunion with some college friends this weekend and this will get us properly lubricated.

Oh Noetry
Jul 3, 2008

manchego posted:

For what it's worth, I really like mine. I have the 2012 one (I think? It has blue backlighting). I've had zero issues with mine, though I kept the plastic cover it was shipped with to help keep the dust off when I'm not using it. That might be more OCD than you're willing to do :)

That's actually an awesome idea and exactly what I'm going to do now as well, thanks!!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

SaltLick posted:

A mini reunion with some college friends this weekend and this will get us properly lubricated.

Just remember to use protection.

rockcity
Jan 16, 2004

LTBS posted:

To ease the pain of having to buy

Windshield

What sort of crappy insurance do you have where they won't replace a windshield for free?

I Might Be Adam
Jun 12, 2007

Skip the Waves, Syncopate
Forwards Backwards

rockcity posted:

What sort of crappy insurance do you have where they won't replace a windshield for free?

What sort of insurance doesn't require some kind of deductible?

Solid Cake
Jan 17, 2008

TRAPPED IN QUANTUM CHOCOLATE SINGULARITY!
SEND HELP!
Pillbug
Bought some comics this morning :)

Comixology is having a sale through tomorrow on Godzilla comics if anyone else is interested!

Geoj
May 28, 2008

BITTER POOR PERSON

I Might Be Adam posted:

What sort of insurance doesn't require some kind of deductible?

Most US carriers offer $0 glass comprehensive policies. You have a normal deductible for other non-collision damages but glass repair/replacement is covered at 100%. Typically this only costs a few dollars extra per month, unless you live in an area with abnormally high rates of windshield damage.

Tenchrono
Jun 2, 2011

Another tank for the gym, Never wear sleeves.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Tenchrono posted:

I agree 100%, as demonstrated by my poor style choices.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Tenchrono posted:

Anyone know an alternative to paying $30? I like all their stuff but $30 for a tank top is ludicrous. Maybe for the Oprah one, and I feel like this site is based in the UK so there's int'l shipping too.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

NovaLion posted:

I agree 100%, as demonstrated by my poor style choices.

Link please?

axia
Nov 15, 2005

The future is now.

Geoj posted:

Most US carriers offer $0 glass comprehensive policies. You have a normal deductible for other non-collision damages but glass repair/replacement is covered at 100%. Typically this only costs a few dollars extra per month, unless you live in an area with abnormally high rates of windshield damage.

Coloradian here, impossible to get deductible free windshields in this state - at least in my experience.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

axia posted:

Coloradian here, impossible to get deductible free windshields in this state - at least in my experience.

Auto insurance carriers in Texas have 100% windshield coverage I believe as a matter of state law. Windshield repair companies will push you to get small chips repaired at no cost to you because then they have your insurance carrier over a barrel.

Today I bought a bunch of University of Texas merch and then ate my share of $130 worth of excellent barbecue.

NovaLion
Jun 2, 2013

REMEMBER

Scarf posted:

Link please?

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/eb74/

It probably isn't the best thing to spend my time in the gym wearing, but I like it.

Sportman
May 12, 2003

PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS...
PILLS!!!
Fun Shoe

IMJack posted:

Auto insurance carriers in Texas have 100% windshield coverage I believe as a matter of state law. Windshield repair companies will push you to get small chips repaired at no cost to you because then they have your insurance carrier over a barrel.

It was the same when I lived in Massachusetts.

Travelers of Massachusetts posted:

Massachusetts law now requires glass repair where the damages are minor and fall outside the critical viewing area, including a crack of 6 inches or less, a stone break (commonly called "bulls-eye"), and star breaks, which are less than one inch in diameter.

Pennsylvania, not so much. I can't imagine its actually available anywhere where it is not required by law.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP
I bought an arm for my Cintiq.

Unfortunately, since the Cintiq 13HD doesn't have a VESA mount, I had to make one out of a new easel, some screws, washers, rubber bands, hot glue, rubber grips, a weight and an Ipod stand (for stabilization.

Bonus:

For £35 and the ability to press every key on the keyboard at once, I think it's an okay replacement to my free keyboard, from the government, that just broke.

I do rather enjoy not dying, and hopefully being able to break down-hill will aid me in that desire

These will protect my dainty hands from becoming too manly when I lift myself using various gym-hold appliances.