Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

obi_ant
Apr 8, 2005

Wanamingo posted:

Props on getting some Flavacol, the stuff's great, but you're doing it wrong if you're using an air popper. You can't get it evenly coated, you see. The trick to making great popcorn is to put half a cup of kernels into a large pot, throw in a fourth a cup of canola oil, put on maybe a bit over half a teaspoon of Flavacol, cover it with aluminum foil, and then poke some holes in there to vent the steam. Put it on over medium, then shake occasionally while it's heating up and constantly while it's popping. At that point it's not a whole lot healthier than microwave popcorn, so it's definitely an occasional treat, but it's tastier and cheaper to make.

I've never made popcorn over a stove before. How do I make sure the popped kernels are not getting burned while the rest of the ub-popped kernels are popping?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

obi_ant posted:

I've never made popcorn over a stove before. How do I make sure the popped kernels are not getting burned while the rest of the ub-popped kernels are popping?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWgvGjAhvIw&t=234s

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

obi_ant posted:

Just gotta shake it a whole bunch.

MeatRocket8
Aug 3, 2011

1966 Mosrite Celebrity Hollowbody

It's waited 50 years so I could butcher Beatles songs on it

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

IGNORE ME! I'M JUST AN OLD WET RAG
Very fun!

Teach
Mar 28, 2008

Pillbug
I know nothing about guitars, but that's a handsome guitar.

I was on holiday last week and didn't know what to do for breakfast, so I bought a sandwich toaster, and have spent the last couple of days running around, looking for things to toast. (Usually different cheeses and hams.) Very happy with my recent purchase.

Wanamingo
Feb 22, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Teach posted:

I know nothing about guitars, but that's a handsome guitar.

I was on holiday last week and didn't know what to do for breakfast, so I bought a sandwich toaster, and have spent the last couple of days running around, looking for things to toast. (Usually different cheeses and hams.) Very happy with my recent purchase.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pq0JZviQU9o

Fire Safety Doug
Sep 3, 2006

99 % caffeine free is 99 % not my kinda thing

EmmyOk posted:

The hardcover of Emily Carroll's anthology, it was about a 100 euro cheaper to get it from Canada then the UK. If you're not familiar with her work you should 100% check it out

His Face All Red

Is it the Through the Woods one? I might settle for the paperback.

Cointelprofessional
Jul 2, 2007
Carrots: Make me an offer.

Bruxism posted:

This is awesome, thanks for pointing it out!

Same, just picked up her stories from Amazon.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

best kind of sandwich toaster is one of these imho http://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-TOAS-TITE-SANDWICH-GRILL-CAMP-MOLD-COOKER-MAKER-/121950639082?hash=item1c64d313ea:g:ly4AAOSwbwlXCTek

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Fire Safety Doug posted:

Is it the Through the Woods one? I might settle for the paperback.

Yeah! I can post some pictures in the thread tomorrow if you like. The hardcover was only a few euro more on Amazon.ca than the paperback.

I'm glad others have decided to check out her work!

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight
Yesterday was record store day, so I picked up a few things that looked interesting. Biggest purchase was a Mickey Mouse suitcase turntable and speakers that I got for my niece for her birthday :)

Also found an old Disney record of Dumbo with the storybook printed into the jacket.

For myself I got a 10" of Outkast's "Elevators (me and you)" and the 7" Pete Rock "Give it to Y'all." I was hoping to find the Afrika Bambaataa "Planet Rock" remixes, but they didn't have it at my local shop, so I'll have to find that one online for an even more retarded price :\

taqueso
Mar 8, 2004

:911:
:wookie: :thermidor: :wookie:
:dehumanize:

:pirate::hf::tinfoil:

FishBulb posted:

I want to buy this but I don't know how

I had to get one off ebay, apparently they are discontinued.

Catatron Prime
Aug 23, 2010

IT ME

Toilet Rascal

EmmyOk posted:

Yeah! I can post some pictures in the thread tomorrow if you like. The hardcover was only a few euro more on Amazon.ca than the paperback.

I'm glad others have decided to check out her work!

I was really not expecting to like this at all, but dang, it's a page turner and a head scratcher. I can't even recall the last time I bought a book, but I'm very tempted to grab one of her short story collections--thanks!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bought a couple of NASA patches to put on my beat-up old Converse, to try to recreate this look:

These guys and a Pikachu, I'm going back and collecting the first gen Pokemon cards so it seems like the right place to start. Already have a binder and some card sleeve things!

I brought my Drake
Jul 10, 2014

These high-G injections have some serious side effects after pulling so many jumps.

Bead store having a 50% off sale. :getin:

baram.
Oct 23, 2007

smooth.

a watch i can only wear during the day.

a used valentine one from a goon with a bunch of extras.

a bunch of cds to leave in my car.

a hoodie.

tribbledirigible
Jul 27, 2004
I finally beat the internet. The end boss was hard.

queserasera posted:

Bead store having a 50% off sale. :getin:

Bees store?

Babyberry
Oct 16, 2004

Yeah, that poster's not on board.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

ChocNitty posted:

1966 Mosrite Celebrity Hollowbody

It's waited 50 years so I could butcher Beatles songs on it

Rules so hard. Play the heck out of it.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 19:53 on Apr 18, 2016

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Didn't realize I was out of these until I shaved yesterday, got half way done and decided it was too dull for my liking, went to grab another... and had to finish with the dull blade

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

PCOS Bill posted:

Didn't realize I was out of these until I shaved yesterday, got half way done and decided it was too dull for my liking, went to grab another... and had to finish with the dull blade

Despite our differences, I gotta give you credit for shaving like a normal man, and not getting all caught up in the "ooh, wet shaving" silliness.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
That counts as wet shaving.

spog
Aug 7, 2004

It's your own bloody fault.

PCOS Bill posted:

6 blades?

Is that a real thing? I am sure I've seen a comedy sketch about that when they introduced 3 blades per razor.

EDIT:

5 blades was an Onion joke in 2004
http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/gently caress-everything-were-doing-five-blades-11056

quote:

gently caress Everything, We're Doing Five Blades
The Gillette Company

Would someone tell me how this happened? We were the loving vanguard of shaving in this country. The Gillette Mach3 was the razor to own. Then the other guy came out with a three-blade razor. Were we scared? Hell, no. Because we hit back with a little thing called the Mach3Turbo. That's three blades and an aloe strip. For moisture. But you know what happened next? Shut up, I'm telling you what happened—the bastards went to four blades. Now we're standing around with our cocks in our hands, selling three blades and a strip. Moisture or no, suddenly we're the chumps. Well, gently caress it. We're going to five blades.

spog has a new favorite as of 21:55 on Apr 19, 2016

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

spog posted:

6 blades?

Is that a real thing? I am sure I've seen a comedy sketch about that when they introduced 3 blades per razor.

EDIT:

http://www.theonion.com/blogpost/gently caress-everything-were-doing-five-blades-11056

There's an SNL skit I think predates that as well.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

spog posted:

6 blades?

EDIT:

You have to beat the boss of the 5th blade six times without taking damage to unlock the sixth blade. My uncle who works at Gillette told me.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

big mean giraffe posted:

There's an SNL skit I think predates that as well.

Yep! The Triple-Trac, from the very first episode in 1975.

Aramek posted:

That counts as wet shaving.

Yeah, but not goons blathering about badger-hair brushes and needing an entire thread to compare safety razors

beefnoodle has a new favorite as of 22:02 on Apr 19, 2016

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

ONE OF US ONE OF US

I always remember the madtv version

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UjAZnGeBcgg

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

I was about to post some things I just bought, but I've been preemptively shop-shamed.

:v:

PCOS Bill
May 12, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

spog posted:

6 blades?

EDIT:

They have a 7 blade option, too.

beefnoodle
Aug 7, 2004

Aramek posted:

I was about to post some things I just bought, but I've been preemptively shop-shamed.

:v:

G'ahead. My initial post was more the surprise in finding a morsel of humanity in PCOS Bill than it was to shame aftershave fetishists :q:

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Pretty sure you only need one blade

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
X36

I still may need more.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Oh sweet Jesus. It's a orgasm in a potato chip.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Say what you will about the culture around wet shaving, it's the only way I can get a halfway decent shave without getting a shitload of ingrown hairs and irritation. It's hard out there when you have thick, coarse, curly hair.

LTBS
Oct 9, 2003

Big Pimpin, Spending the G's
I keep buying this because it tastes like summer and I like it.

Captain Lavender
Oct 21, 2010

verb the adjective noun

Coffee And Pie posted:

These guys and a Pikachu, I'm going back and collecting the first gen Pokemon cards so it seems like the right place to start. Already have a binder and some card sleeve things!

Oh my god. Is it happening? Are people doing this now? Has my nest-egg finally hatched?!

For real: If you need help, I own the whole dumb thing. Message me. :signings:

Hrvstmn31
Aug 2, 2014

You did what in your cup?

LTBS posted:

I keep buying this because it tastes like summer and I like it.

I'm going to have to try that, is it anything like the lime cucumber gatorade?

And I bought this because the back of the kindle paperwhite is a filthy oil magnet and I'm tired of loving cleaning it.

Trabant
Nov 26, 2011

All systems nominal.

VendaGoat posted:

Oh sweet Jesus. It's a orgasm in a potato chip.

Should've gotten 36 of those instead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?

Coffee And Pie posted:

Bought a couple of NASA patches to put on my beat-up old Converse, to try to recreate this look:

I'm a huge aeronautical/space nerd and I dig this so much.