Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
I bought this doohickey:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008U1MOM8/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

and this app:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.prowl.torque

so I can keep an eye on my car without having to go to autozone.

It also has the benefit of being able to add additional gauges and whatsits using my tablet/phone. Kinda neat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Bald White Dad posted:

2011 Dodge Challenger SRT8. Inaugural Edition #128 of 1100.

you dont live in louisville do you? i saw one of these on the road the other day and the paint scheme in particular looked pretty slick

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Bape Culture posted:

4 x 265/35/18s :mrgw::mrgw::mrgw::mrgw:

are those the michelin pilot pros? both of my friends that have m3s have those tires and think they are the best ever. i just have goodyear eagle f1s because i have a plain jane e46

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i work in the legal field and if i saw anything other than a standard resume (like the one on the left) on anything other than a heavy weight or linen paper i'd just throw it away immediately

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Josh Lyman posted:

My current pair is falling apart, but $30 seemed like too much for house shoes, so I decided to give these a try for $17:

edit: v They're ugly, but I had a hard budget cap of $20 and they might be the most comfortable thing ever.

i got nothing against fugly house shoes. i usually wear a pair of dumb looking Globe shoe things around the house because they are really drat comfortable and have a real shoe sole.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
In the past few weeks I've purchased assorted parts for my 2002 325i including: fuel pump, fuel filter, power steering fluid reservoir, valve cover gasket, post-cat O2 sensor, and assorted other small parts.

Hooray!

:(

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Ormy posted:

Bitching.

For content:

you guys get cool M bmws and fancy kit for them and all my e46 gets is oil leaks :(

i had to replace the power steering fluid reservoir/hoses and the oil filter housing gasket this past week. two weeks ago it was the valve cover gasket.

im not too salty, the old girl is 12 years old with 125k miles and i think the previous owners did like 0 preventative maintenance on these gaskets/hoses

edit: i guess i actually did buy this too because the old fake chrome one had all the fasteners dry rot out (not my car obvs)

welcome 2 Clown Town has a new favorite as of 21:08 on Sep 23, 2014

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

ive always wanted a nice rower, is it air resistance in that little bubble thing?

e: guess not

welcome 2 Clown Town has a new favorite as of 22:35 on Sep 24, 2014

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Doom Rooster posted:

Plane tickets to Costa Rica to stay here: Pumilio Ocean Hotel and Resort

And then go here: Manuel Antonio National Park

And finally here: Paos Volcano National Park

It's gonna be a good vacation.

costa rica is pretty amazing. liked it way better than other caribbean/central american destinations including some of the nicer resorts in mexico. if you have a chance to do something like waterfall rappelling i would recommend it.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Doom Rooster posted:

Thanks for the suggestions. Will definitely be doing plenty of outdoor adventurey stuff. That sloth sanctuary actually looks really awesome, but is's on the opposite coast from where we're staying (Jaco), so probably won't make it out there this time.

About a 45 minute drive south from jaco is manuel antonio national park. it has a sweet 1-2km hike to a secluded cove beach that is the prettiest beach i've ever seen in person.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

ChocNitty posted:

http://slickdeals.net/f/7338342-audible-three-month-membership-1-95-month-6

People who already have an Audible account can still do the deal.

Also you can get a NY Times and Wall Street Journal audio sub free with it as well.

Looks like they fixed it so it doesn't work for existing members anymore, I tried :(

I've had audible for almost 3 years now and it is amazing. I listen to books when I'm commuting to/from work and have cleared over 30 books so far.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Bape Culture posted:

Flights to HK, ritz reservation, Rolls car service, Tin Lung Heen window reservation, Ozone window reservation, cake and flowers, 2.something carat loving diamond.

im pretty jealous, i only proposed to my wife on the beach under fireworks on july 4th and i only got her a 1.1 carat diamond

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Fozaldo posted:

If you like Punk IPA do yourself a favour and try some Proper Job.
Very similar, delicious IPA hoppy goodness.

Then progress a little further to it's older brother Big Job for a bit more citrus zest and even more hops.

Hi I want to start a microbrewery! Oh, my idea for flavors? Let's just put a shitload of hops into all the beers until they taste like you're licking the hops dust out of a bushel of ground hops, gently caress all the other flavors.

Someone else on this forum said it before me but I hate the trend of adding more and more hops into beers just to be unique. I also equally dislike the trend of making darker and darker beers with higher and higher ABV values.

Can't a man just get some solid options on a nice light lager?

Also recently I was given bottles of each of these because my boss likes to go in on hand selected single barrels. Each were hand selected and have his name on the label which is cool. (Pictures not mine)

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

madpanda posted:

Gotten back into reading, feelsgoodman.txt

All of Scalzi's books are good, Big League Chew is not, but who am I to judge.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

dpack_1 posted:

The only argument for wanting a manual car should be the same singular argument people should have for wanting a gun.

It's fun.

That's it. None of this 'connected to the car', 'makes me a better driver', 'i enjoy antiquated mechanics cos i'm a hipster' bollocks.

I live in London and haven't owned a car in 9 years, but this year I've got my eyes set on a 19 year old Skyline that i'm going to drive solely to tear up country lanes and take over to mainland europe for road trips. It will be fun.

Recently bought:

RFID syringes as part of my most recent wholesale order for my studio. Gonna join the transhuman revolution and stick one of these in my hand so i can use Tasker on my phone in order to have it automatically unlock if i pick it up with the hand with that chip stuck in. And then gonna look at getting an RFID door lock for my bedroom in my shared house cos i'm a big nerd.

the mark of the beast

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
these pumas for wearing with jeans and stuff

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

NotAnArtist posted:

Watch out for dye stains if your jeans are raw, but you probably already know this.

i dont have raw denim money just clearance at nordstrom rack money

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i bought tickets to the movie "it follows"

it was really good

legit the best scary movie ive ever seen and also just a really good movie, like seriously pretty impressive

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

QuasiQuack posted:

I saw this in New York, it was pretty neat.

Content:
I bought some Norwegian jeans.

Livid Jeans Jakob black selvage.
Made in a small family run factory in Portugal with Japanese denim from Kurabo mills. Pretty excited to get them tomorrow.

i actually like the boots more than the jeans

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

squeee posted:

This is amazing. :swoon:

I got..

and

i like those shoes

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

PleasusChrist posted:

This is like 3 months old, and a couple of you bought one. How are you liking it now? Would you still recommend it?

i have a slightly lesser model sonicare and have had it for about a year and a half and i absolutely love it

i use it and a waterpik and the two of them are great together

i dont like the cost of replacement brush heads though, they are pricy

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Drogadon posted:

Just bought tickets to visit my grandparents in Honduras in July.

Also just finished listening to this that I bought a couple weeks ago and it was great

Now I'm starting the one about daily life in the ancient world. The audible subscription is worth it just for these courses.

2.55%

This is the only way to keep my money safe from being spent on guitars that I don't need and am not even good at playing.

The daily life in the ancient world one is excellent, if you aren't bothered by the professor's inability to pronounce the letters S and C.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Comatoast posted:

It was a good listen, but definitely not about the ancient world. Ancient Europe is a better description. He didn't even acknowledge that there were people living in Africa or North America. Asia was only mentioned with regards to trade.

To be fair he does say this in the very first lecture.

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Crain posted:

I got a bunch of these:

A whole lot of these:

A couple sheets of these:

Along with some solder, resistors, and a few other things.

To make this:

http://i.imgur.com/efUTDp2.jpg?1

why

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Crain posted:

Felt like it. Also good to learn new things.

i was just wondering what this could do that a normal keyboard or gamepad type thing couldnt

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Crain posted:

I'm building it specifically for CSGO purposes, aside from learning how to make electronics and code firmware for them.

I think the only really "custom" thing is I adjusted is where shift and ctrl are so that I can more easily crouch and walk in game. I have a hosed up pinky finger that can't really reach the ctrl button on a regular keyboard quickly.

I full admit that it would have been faster, easier, and cheaper to just buy a game pad/mechanical keyboard. But I wanted to make one because I like making things.

fair enough seems a good enough reason to me

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
I bought these things to do some maintenance work on my 325i. After this I will still need to do a brake job and then also probably a cooling system service (water pump and related hoses).

Oil filter housing gasket

Fuel filter

ATF service kit with gasket and filter

Oil service kit with gaskets and filter

Oil drain pan

Plug multi-tool for opening drain plugs

Fluid transfer pump

Torque wrench

Two additional jack stands

Radiator fan wrench and water pump pulley holder

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Bape Culture posted:

Birds nest tastes weird as a desert btw.

why you bought cave bird spit house to eat

you could have eaten real food

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

TheMadMilkman posted:

Get a copy made that doesn't have the plastic.

much of the time (especially with cars less than 10 years old) there is a transponder chip in that "plastic" that is required to be there for the car to start

alternatively you can be like many people and have separate key rings with keys for different stuff

i dont need my shed keys, gym lock key, or some other non-daily keys with me at all times, they can stay at home in a drawer or on a key hook and ill just take the 2-3 keys+car key that i actually use on a daily basis

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

is it a miata

i bet its a miata

(i actually like miatas)

e: i googled the third part and its definitely a miata

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Solid Cake posted:

Just bought my first new car :shobon:

its.... lavender

huh

i actually test drove a chevy cruz not too long ago and was pretty impressed with the overall quality and available features it had

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Vintimus Prime posted:

Thinking this weekend will be the time.

The stone is different (I got my wife an oval) but the band looks exactly the same as the one I got. Good luck!

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i bought a new larger hard drive as my OS is only on a 64 gb one right now and its a little tight, migrating to a larger drive should help

also i got this cleaning kit for my shop vac because im sure my case will be full of dust and poo poo as it hasnt been opened in years

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

flosofl posted:

Tiny nozzle on a shop vac? That's going to suck out the dust, the wires, maybe some capacitors...

im actually going to be hooking it up to the "blower" end of the shop vac with one of those longer narrow tubes

but even if i wasnt i only have one of the 2.5 hp vacs, its not one of the bigger 6+ hp professional ones

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

flosofl posted:

Yeah, I was thinking about those hooked to my 6.5hp 12 gallon shop vac. Nothing but bare PCBs would be left in the case.

I have the distinct feeling that those could even remove skin on a bigger shop vac

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i bought a house and my wife made a picture collage that i had to edit the picture of the house out of

it was a very good deal and we have a low payment and a great interest rate and we are both happy

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

overdesigned posted:

Welp, she said yes, I am getting married.

Congrats!

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i bought some books

and all this stuff from monoprice to meet some needs

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

Bhodi posted:

You're missing the coolest part of the green book!

https://imgur.com/yUTrAu0

i decided to buy the book based solely on that feature and nothing else

i wasnt even particularly interested in the topic

i got the organized mind book because i heard an interview about it on the radio

i am easily swayed into making rash purchasing decisions

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull
i bought a plumber because i thought i could install my new sink/faucet/dishwasher/plumbing for my new countertop but there is a leak at the strainer under the sink i can't seem to fix

hope it wont be too expensive

at least the dishwasher and faucet don't leak