Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

What is this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Before working out this AM I bought these, gym shorts, and a cheap t-shirt because I procrastinate on laundry too much.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

spookygonk posted:

My iPod was starting to fall apart and as I need music on my train travels, picked up one of these second hand:

Do you have to use high-end headphones to really enjoy this?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

It's an incredibly common design in planned communities where the architects need to be very efficient with their use of space.

This whole exchange is really strange. I've seen plenty of houses and townhouses with a front door even further back than the garage. There's a little path that leads to the door and the garage kinda juts out.

colas has a new favorite as of 05:10 on May 8, 2014

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Lilleput posted:

I bought an espresso machine and grinder

Which espresso machine is that?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

They're always so expensive. Can you even get a decent espresso machine for $500 or less?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I was under the impression that the singer from Pennywise quit to spend more time with his family. I watched The Other F Word. Fat Mike has children and that is hilarious.

colas has a new favorite as of 03:59 on May 15, 2014

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Rockii posted:

I'm not going to sext anymore I'm just going to send women a picture of this amazon order

Is What Do You Care What Other People Think all about the Challenger explosion or what? Don't lend you Bukowski stuff out, you won't get them back. I learned that the hard way.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Tenchrono posted:

Another tank for the gym, Never wear sleeves.

Anyone know an alternative to paying $30? I like all their stuff but $30 for a tank top is ludicrous. Maybe for the Oprah one, and I feel like this site is based in the UK so there's int'l shipping too.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

secret vaccinations.

d e h y d r a t e d
p e a c h e s

colas
Feb 14, 2007

rwd, inline 6?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Josh Lyman posted:

Bro, do you even know anything about the M series?

NO.

colas has a new favorite as of 07:24 on May 28, 2014

colas
Feb 14, 2007

MA-Horus posted:

You American jerks and your access to all sorts of streaming music :(

All we get is songza.

And streaming stand-up! Best way to discover comics.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Sevryn posted:

2014 Nissan Xterra Pro-4x. Took me a while to find this one since I insisted on cloth seats (gently caress leather interior in Phoenix) and a manual tranny.

Also, this, to go along with it.

Gonna be a fun summer!

drat Xterras haven't changed much, at least the rear.

Impulse buy, hope it smells good.

colas has a new favorite as of 20:40 on Jun 4, 2014

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Lilleput posted:

There's not really any broadcast 4K yet, but i dont watch TV at all and the TV will only ever be connected to a HTPC that can play 4K if i need it to.

I will mostly be watching 1080p movies, that will be up converted by the TV to 4K, it's supposed to look quite good.

Netflix steams House of Cards in 4K on supported TV's (They have to support HVEC) and more content to come..

Does 4k streaming require a lot of bandwidth?

colas has a new favorite as of 18:10 on Jun 12, 2014

colas
Feb 14, 2007

How much was it?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

TheMadMilkman posted:

This will lead to a lot more spending.

I just want to know who I should buy if I just like strings. Like the Vitamin String Quartet but not covers of popular music.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

TheMadMilkman posted:

Are you looking for modern music, but not covers, or more classical style works?

No just classical that's mostly strings. I don't really care for flute, harpsichord, and whatever other instruments.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

They were both 40-50% off so I picked them up for running. Haven't gotten the Nike Pegasus yet. The Newtons are a little weird and need to be broken-in off the treadmill I guess.

colas has a new favorite as of 05:27 on Jun 29, 2014

colas
Feb 14, 2007

dantheman650 posted:

Visit the YLLS exercise and diet megathread to learn all about why you should return that as soon as possible.

Besides the aesthetic, (especially in public) why?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

A bunch of different teas and samples.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Fat Marilyn Manson posted:

I received a Nordstrom gift card a few weeks back, and while I wouldn't normally shop at such a high end store, I did wind up finding some accessories that match my style:

Brixton 'Hooligan' Driving Cap This is probably the ballsiest purchase here. I'm not typically a hat guy, as I don't like how my curly fro-style hair looks under them (and oh god... the hat hair :gonk:), but I figured I'd give it a go. Reaallly pleasantly surprised with this purchase, as I've already gotten a number of compliments from coworkers and family members alike.

I've got a Kangol version of this. It's wool and chafes my ears like a motherfucker so I don't wear it much even though it looks p good.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

You just need to use one of these as your "closer".

colas
Feb 14, 2007

re movies - I like the upsell. It went from .50 more to 1.00 more. The increment is just going to grow. I see you have nothing, for $5 more you can have a drink.

I tried these for the first time. I can hardly tell the difference between these and Whoppers.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

what is your avatar about?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Note: The typical American fridge usually has 3 pears leaning to the left, not the right.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

MindlessHavok posted:

To pick up on the headphone chat: Do you guys recommend any certain ones for running? I use the ones that come with the iphone and they sound good but they fall out of my ears all the time. I don't really like the ones that loop over your ears and would like to stay in the ear bud category. Also something fairly cheap, I'm using these for running not jamming out at home.

Thanks!

These are the best for running, the longest rubber tips stay in but even if they didn't the memory wire that wraps around you ear keeps them from moving. Plus they're cheap and the sound quality is pretty good.

http://www.amazon.com/MEElectronics...eadphones+sport

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

Twin Peaks - The Entire Mystery on Blu-Ray.

There goes my weekend.

Is this wide or 4:3? the description says 1:1.33 or something.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

isnt that right posted:

what did you get??

sooo much.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I bought this without looking at the picture. Now I have to find an enclosure so I can put it in my MBP.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Those images are loving massive.

I ordered this bad boy. And I will be the first ever to review this item ever anywhere. On Amazon.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I haven't received it yet. A local restaurant has a big one that looks like a chemistry project so that got me interested. I've used this cold brew recipe a few times and it works out well, it's pretty simple -

1/3 cup ground coffee (medium-coarse grind is best)
Milk (optional).

1. In a jar, stir together coffee and 1 1/2 cups water. Cover and let rest at room temperature overnight or 12 hours.

2. Strain twice through a coffee filter, a fine-mesh sieve or a sieve lined with cheesecloth. In a tall glass filled with ice, mix equal parts coffee concentrate and water, or to taste. If desired, add milk.

Yield: Two drinks.

NOTE: To make hot coffee, dilute concentrate one-to-one with water and heat in the microwave.

two more recent purchases -

colas has a new favorite as of 02:07 on Aug 14, 2014

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I've been meaning to try that or Whey HD. This ON Vanilla I have has practically no flavor.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

SaltLick posted:

Smart powders vanilla ice cream is cheap and fuckin delicious with milk

Link?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Arrest that rear end! posted:

I hope you're aware that chronic use of phenibut can cause physical dependency similar to other GABAergics such as benzodiazepines or alcohol, from which unmanaged withdrawals can range from extremely unpleasant to deadly.

Can GABA use cause physical dependency?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

What does it mean, hog wash?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Flipperwaldt posted:

Maybe they're laughing because it's daft to use strong ale as a chaser or something.

Or because there's a cartoon pig drinking a beer and that is just wacky and/or off the chain. How can he even hold it with those hooves?

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Because I've always wanted to wait 8 hours for coffee.

colas
Feb 14, 2007

Yeah, you just wait. A local restaurant has a big one similar to this one. The grounds go in the middle container before the spiral dealie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

colas
Feb 14, 2007

I dunno but it looks cool.