Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Finally decided to start cooking like a sane person, plus it has a meat probe. GOTTA LOVE PROBING STUFF.

Now I just gotta find recipes for things to cook that are vaguely healthy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Getting a database error. Is it an archived thread? I heard those had sort of somehow poo poo themselves in the last few days.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Took the plunge and got a ps4.

Going to take the plunge in a bit and pre-order wolfenstein, so I can spend most of next week stabbing nazis in the head.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just lobbed some cash at the Reading Rainbow kickstarter, cause it's awesome.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Yay the pre order problem was fixed!

Get to pick it up and get my murder mystery on tomorrow :neckbeard:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just put in a pre order for Sniper Elite 3. After reward certs and gift cards it came out to 17$, so not too shabby.

Feel a little odd that the 2 games I have for my ps4 are basically nazi killing sims though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

So my Superman from the movie won't be lonely.

Plus, I really dug the character from the movie. He wasn't as much fun as the psycho Zod from Superman 2, but he did have this scary intensity in the role where he wasn't evil, just single minded on making Krypton happen again. He didn't want to rule poo poo, he just wanted his planet back and if he had to do that on the skulls and backs of 7 billion people, well gently caress em they weren't kryptonian anyway.

The headsculpt and armor detail are god damned amazing for the scale too. Can't wait to get it in :)

Plus it helped I found a 10% off coupon and there was a sale anyway. popculturezone.com if you want to look at other comic book or movie dollies.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Hope your next purchase is new tables for me :colbert:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sounds like no one cared who he was, until he put on the mask.

I'm gonna have to get an eye exam and buy some new glasses. :(

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cause my tummy is upset :(

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

In case you're not aware, this will turn your poo poo jet-black.

Just giving you a heads-up since that can freak people the gently caress out if they aren't prepared for it.

I know it did for me the first time I took it.

Yea, they changed the formula for the liquid so it has some weird hosed up sweet aftertaste. I decided the chewables would work for me after that. If I'm already nauseous I don't wanna puke pepto.

The hosed up thing about the pills is they will turn your teeth black. you brush em and it goes away, but boy it will wake you the gently caress up in the morning when you go to look in the mirror and suddenly discover you've been doing meth while sleeping.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Got an eye exam and 2 pairs of glasses from MURICA'S BEST :911:

Turns out I'm blinder than I thought, and I had to get that god drat glaucoma test where they puff air in your eye. I hate that :argh:

But, if the new glasses come in (in about a week) and I get used to them, I'm ordering a new set or two from some online shop.

First time in my life that I've gotten glasses with a side effects warning of "This may make you nauseous until you get used to them", etc.

Crap I feel old.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Just bought a print of what might be my most favorite drawing of Wonder Woman ever.

http://theycallmekdub.storenvy.com/ if ya want one too.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Been thinking of getting an electric grill for a while, and the reviews on this one were pretty good.

Only other thing I need to buy is one of them fish filet holder things so I can grill fish filets without em breaking apart on me when I try to turn em over.

Well, that and the fish filets and the various things for marinades, etc.

Hoorah for grilling!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Well, not if you plan to climb with it :colbert:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

davebo posted:

Admittedly I'm not a gun enthusiast but I don't understand what you do with a prop gun. Are you going to make movies with it or something? Do you use it to mark the start of races? When you fire it... what are you firing at?

You get 3 or 4 other people with prop guns and play cops and robbers or cowboys and indians or you just own a prop gun and go "This is awesome, and has the ability to make a loud loving noise when I want it to."

I own a black powder pistol that's a replica of the colt from Supernatural, and while I will probably never load up black powder and actually try to kill a demon (or a target, or anything) it's still nice to have a metal gun that "feels real". You can always buy an airsoft springer if you just want something gun shaped, but when it comes to props and prop collecting, having something that feels realistic vs something that just feels like plastic is worth the extra cash. Even if that cash is going towards a dust magnet on the shelf.

gently caress it, the dude is an adult and wants something that can go bang, he bought something that can go bang. Not everything needs a reason to do.

Hell, I just sunk cash into a brass replica of a dragon priest dagger from Skyrim. I don't plan on stabbing anyone with it, but hey, gently caress it I wanted it and it looks cool so I decided to get it. I'm an adult and can have sharp things.

C&P - nthing the "use earplugs when you shoot that thing" even if it's half loads. Those fuckers can be LOUD. Also , don't be a retard and fire it in an apartment or some place the cops will be called.

Content - bought 2 kinects, one to use for 3d scanning and one to use as a kinect so I can join the REALM OF THE FUTURE and yell poo poo at my xbox 360.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

It was a cross between "Holy gently caress that is cute" and "god drat I have no willpower" and "Holy poo poo it's on sale" that got me.

I don't even watch the show. Just the idea of a giant teddy bear gundam makes me laugh :3:

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Eh, he wasn't too bad. 21$ and free prime shipping.

I did see a 300$ model of that GIGANTIC loving gunship from Gundam Seed 08 or whatever it was. Damned thing is in 1/144 scale and is still over 3 feet long. I want it so bad but a: have no money for something like that, and b: have no place to PUT something like that.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Pencils just sometimes need to be held dude.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Because I am a big fan of the book series Sandman Slim and I have poor impulse control.

Not stopping me from working on the knife with a friend though :)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Sometimes you just want a cooked egg tube. It's like a hot dog, but an egg, and instead of a hot dog bun, you can use toast.

I guess, gently caress I dunno dude it's a mystery to me too. Still, that's about the best idea I can come up with.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Gorilla Salad posted:

Nothing says refreshing like a mixture of nitric acid and hydrochloric acid :stonk:

Don't forget the angel's blood!

Without that, it's barely worth drinking.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

120 lumen flashlight with a rechargeable battery and a AAA adapter for :10bux: on ebay.

Bonus for either being SWAT or camo, since it's a random color thing.

Still, not bad for a flashlight.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Guru Yaekob posted:

Going to ask my girlfriend to marry me this weekend. I know she wanted round cut I just hope she likes it.

Well, technically there's a shitload of round cuts on there. She'll love it :)

Congrats man, and good luck!

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Grabbed Skyrim : Legendary Edition off steam for about 13.50.

I can't run it yet, but my plans eventually include buying a gaming pc, and then I will crank the gently caress out of the settings and spend hours upon hours running around doing skyrim poo poo in a virtual world.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Aw man, not only did I read about a broken puppy's head I tried to go to amazon and buy surge but it's out of stock :(

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Big, stainless steel mug.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Cause I wanted to learn to write like an adult. Extra fine point cause I like my fountain pens like I like my women, shipped free with several ink cartridges and delivered in the saturday mail.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Wow, people get mad over a 15$ pen. Notice the thread title.

For those wondering, I got it because my handwriting is terrible, and practicing with something I have to write slowly with will help that. Hence writing like an adult, instead of a 4th grader with Parkinson's.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Snagged Metal Gear Revengeance for 9$ on amazon, bought overnight prime shipping, placed a second order for Metro Redux ps4 and just got the email that BOTH had gotten shipped out in the same box.

2 games, one free overnight shipping :dance:

Smell that? That's the scent of almost 4$ in savings.

Or it might be the 3lbs ground black angus I got because I'm gonna make chili later this week. Either way, it's awesome.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Mister Kingdom posted:

As a kid growing up in the 70s, The Carol Burnett Show was a Saturday night ritual. This show helped shape my sense of humor, especially the TV show and commercial parodies.

Dude, I loved that show. It was worth it just for all the times Tim Conway had Harvey Korman cracking the hell up on live TV.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

He actually made Harvey Korman piss himself during the Dentist sketch they did.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Any vase can be a cup if you aren't a wuss.

(beautiful vase though!)

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Eh, I was thinking it looked more like it was carved out of quartz or rock or something like it.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Rented Horns, and it was pretty cool. Not quite the same as the book but still, worth a watch.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I gotta go grocery shopping tonight, so my plans basically involve a lot of random crap to which I will use to make food.

I will also be seeing if they make some kinda disinfecting wipes like lysol except on a piece of material.

Oh yea, I'll probably be getting in this tomorrow :

Cause I needed a gold goblet/chalice in order to be classy as gently caress. It's my birthday present to myself :3:

It's SCIENTIFICALLY PROVEN that any liquid consumed out of a gold chalice or goblet is 10000% classier than the same liquid consumed out of a regular glass or cup.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

DrBouvenstein posted:

Got a headset for my PS4 so I can both actually use voice chat function, and play at night and not keep my GF awake.

I'm having a flashback to that episode of Family Guy where Joe is watching Steven Seagal and using the wireless headphones his wife got him, still screaming all the poo poo he'd normally scream.

That being said, I owned a set of those, and they work pretty great. Pretty much perfect for what you are planning, although I never tried the voice chat thing. I think you'll dig em.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
How about "gently caress it, I'm an adult and I will wear what I want to wear when I put on my big boy clothes?"

It's a watch. It tells time. If you like it, wear it. No one is gonna sit and point and go HAHAHAHA LOOK AT THAT FAG WITH THE GREEN WATCH LET'S GO STEAL HIS LUNCH MONEY.

Edit - If they do, just beat them with that big loving watch.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Bottom Liner posted:

Apple gets slammed for integrating curved screen technology and other companies trick consumers into paying a premium. :psyduck:

Yea but they integrated it into a cell phone, and not a monitor, and it wasn't intentional.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Grimey Drawer
GTA San Andreas HD remake for the 360.

It's currently 3.74 on the xbox store.

Can't wait to get my bike riding skillz maxed out enough to pass cars on the freeway and leapfrog over them :3: