Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

SpartanIV posted:

What's wrong with the Keurig brand makers?

I don't know kcups make the best coffee ever.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 18:04 on May 22, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Bottom Liner posted:

Ah yes, butt plugs are a great accessory for any concert goer.

Wrong hole.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Ears people ears. They'd be much too small you fools!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Robawesome posted:

Some content for the thread that isn't an ugly overpriced Armani watch -

I close on this tomorrow

and this on Friday. Super excited!

Edit: I'm not sure why I called these ugly, I mean they aren't my style and maybe a bit rundown but that does not necessarily make them ugly.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 22:38 on Feb 20, 2019

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

A grow light how exciting.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I purchased a table from http://www.iannonedesign.com/ awhile a go and today it arrived.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

It's ok you seem to buy fairly normal type things.

What ever happened to that guy that would buy $10,000 foot stools and had the worst taste in clothing?

I wish Woot Fatigue was still posting in this thread.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Linen and wool are expensive, and so that $500 is about right. My issue is it's dry clean only. http://www.brahmsmount.com/linen-blanket.html Too cheap? Okay I got you covered http://swansislandcompany.com/

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

woot fatigue posted:

Wool>Linen. If my car crashes into a frozen lake I want my wet blanket to retain its insulative properties.

You can find army surplus blankets for cheap too, but some of them are a poly/wool blend.

Wool isn't really greater than linen it is just different. For warmth? Yeah go with wool. I have both linen and wool on my bed and it works for me.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sappo569 posted:

Please debate the greatness of your blankets some more, I'm enthralled by all this blanket-chat

https://www.thalmic.com/en/myo/

Had one pre-ordered since 2013, just got an email it should be shipping soon

Okay. Now I also own a Slanket which I believe is polyester and it's very very warm. There's also acrylic blanket I own is super warm, as well as being super staticy.

I preordered a Nexus 6 recently.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

woot fatigue posted:

You ever seen a fleece polyester blanket catch fire? Hope you like your new plastic skin. Wool is naturally resistant to flame. A demonstration of this can be seen in this modern video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKuAl_HzCjs

I also make sure to stick to mostly wool and leather clothes and shoes while flying. Anything to give me that slight edge on survival over the polyester-clad plebs I'm pushing out of the way while fleeing the burning wreckage.

Also, polyester and acrylic will trap any sweat/moisture between you and the blanket so when you crawl out of bed you're going to get cold fast.

Blanket? No. Shirt? Yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvCh1QIHbmk

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Oh we're posting desks? Sure I can do that.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

RCarr posted:

So you chose to put the word "Left" on the right shoe, and vice versa?

blarzgh posted:

I thought it was really funny at the time.

I've considered doing this.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 22:12 on Jan 30, 2015

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I guess I can forgive you for not getting it in electric blue since it isn't offered in it.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

bunnielab posted:

What the hell is Chip and Pin?

I think it's fries and pins. Why would you have pins with your fries I do not know.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 02:37 on Mar 23, 2015

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

SLOSifl posted:

2015 Cooper S 4D. Hells yeah, gently caress you money.

What the the gently caress is wrong with you? That clearly isn't electric blue. All this cheese talk got me to get some Maytag.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

App13 posted:

Also that berry sauce you get with the meat balls.

Lingonberry jam is something you can find in a grocery store.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I miss the Woot Fatigue posts they were at least something different.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

I got a Surface Pro 4.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 03:30 on Nov 23, 2015

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Inzombiac posted:

Tell me everything about it

I will at some point when I've used it more and can be bothered to use a keyboard.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Sexy green flip clock. The green isn't that bright in person and the picture I took with my surface 4 was bad.(So I used the seller's) So yeah the surface 4 is nice but some apps do no behave nice with the touch screen.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 06:34 on Dec 15, 2015

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

1redflag posted:

Neat! Link?

Etsy. I've seen it on ebay once before. Oh and it was only $49 + shipping .

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 07:11 on Dec 15, 2015

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

If comfort is what you want I'd totally go Ekornes Stressless over Eames.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

Well I'm "stuck" with the thing for now, but I really like it.

Well 300 bucks is cheaper than 3000.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Uh I'm confused how do you transfer that to your ereader? Is that entire thing an ereader?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

flosofl posted:

Very not surprised at some of that list.

Sweet I made the list. I ordered one of those Philip One blade shaver thingies.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 21:30 on Jul 31, 2016

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Elsa posted:

How far does that list go down? I know I'm on it.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/stats.php?statid=4&all=#jump

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

I bought a sphero BB-8 off of ebay for $50, I'm getting endless enjoyment tormenting my dog with it.

I have an r/c truck for this and 2 out of 3 dogs do not like it. It's a shame too because if they'd chase it, it'd be good exercise. I think the issue is they try to herd it and it doesn't exactly respond the way they expect it to.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Dreddout posted:

How can any candy be anymore ghetto than M&Fuckin'M's?

"chocolately".

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Lobsters are good with butter thus little lobsters must be good with little butter.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Kristneder posted:

New chairs and dining table :swoon:

I miss Woot Fatigue. More furniture posts people!

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Ah crap I missed PC talk and now it's nazi talk and I just got all my PC bits assembled. Well here's my PC anyway, it may or may not be racist:

Asus Strix 1080 Ti
INTEL® CORE I7-7700K Processor 8M Cache 4 Cores 4.2GHZ Up to 4.5GHZ
ASUS ROG Maximus IX Code LGA1151 Kaby Lake DDR4 DP HDMI M.2 WiFi USB 3.1 Z270 ATX Motherboard
Corsair Cooling Hydro Series H110I 280MM CPU Cooler
Corsair Vengeance Lpx 32GB 4x8GB DDR4-2666MHZ C16 1.2V Memory Kit
Seagate Barracuda ST3000DM008 7200RPM 3TB
Samsung 850 EVO 500GB M.2 SATA3 (3.16" X 0.87" X 0.06") Solid State Drive
Corsair RM850X 850W Power Supply ATX12V V2.31 80+ Gold Modular Zero RPM Fan Mode
Corsair Carbide Clear 400C ATX Mid Tower Case

Non-nerd talk: 4k/100fps games.

Really non-nerd talk: games look pwetty!

Why do you hate white people?

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

sterster posted:

This mother fucker is racist as poo poo and is not funny. His commentary is terrible and his world view is pretty hosed. I'm not saying he doesn't know tools but he's a conspiracy theorist for sure.

I'm going to guess he said something about Chinese tools being crap and you took that to mean he's saying Chinese people are crap.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

sterster posted:

Nope. If you care just listen to him talk.

I have on multiple occasions. You could of course try showing examples but hey a broad claim of racism is easier. Of course maybe I just deftly avoided the racism or perhaps am oblivious or lastly racist myself many possibilities exist.

On the purchase front I preordered a spinner (my third) because I'm a simpleton who enjoys them. Its got balls for me to fondle.

I edited something out feel free to read someone who talks about it before I could.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 05:38 on Jun 9, 2017

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

I havent listened to it but the phrase "doesn't grasp his humor" is a giant red flag.

Well that was meant to refer to the conspiracy stuff. (alright it was poorly phrased and I was going to edit it after my shower because I knew someone would take it that way/I took it that way in hindsight) I do honestly want to know because I enjoy the ave videos and think this guy claiming racism is loving nuts. Like his videos have been posted before in other threads, and this is the first guy to claim racism that I've seen.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 05:43 on Jun 9, 2017

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Toast Museum posted:

It's from Robocop.

Robocop 2 is the best Robocop anyone who says otherwise is an idiot.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Ultimate Mango posted:

Nice bicycle chain lubricant?

I watched Moana on Netflix with the family. Immediately Bought the combo BluRay as it was adorable and we will watch it a lot.

Wrong.

quote:

The tiny "container" that held the drug Nuke was actually a saline re-moisturizer for contact lens wearers in the late 1980s and early 1990s. The solution was dyed red and, in some shots, had a small needle sticking out after someone removes the covering to administer the drug.

Totally trust robocop wikia.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

Make sure you watch 3, too

I think this may be the final straw and get you permabanned you should probably edit that suggestion out.

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

The sexiest of purchases.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

ReidRansom posted:

It's important to keep your mold, mildew, algae, lichens & air pollutants clean and stain free, I guess.

I'm using it on a marble ex-sink bird bath that the dogs like to drink from, we'll see how well it works.

Duck and Cover has a new favorite as of 03:41 on Jun 25, 2017