Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Internet Victory posted:

Just put a deposit and ordered me one of these:

2018 BRZ Limited with performance package. 6-8 long weeks ahead of me.

What a pretty car! I just made my first payment on a 2018 Impreza hatchback. It's my first Subaru (last car was a 2008 Yaris, so this is quite a jump), and I am loving it so far.

dinahmoe has a new favorite as of 01:02 on Jun 10, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Pondex posted:

Yeah I'm digging it more and more.

I knew I wanted a lighter color so it was either that or a weird yellow custard looking "vintage white"

That's the one I have (the custard one). I much prefer yours.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

I turn 26 this weekend so in anticipation of getting kicked off my parents' insurance, I'm now the proud owner of a healthcare. Shoutout Obama because it's only $45/month with vision and dental because I make no money and live at home :smith:

I pay about the same, but I am almost 50, and have been out of work for over a year. Happy birthday!

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

2022 Subaru Forester. I got disabled in the past year, and could no longer easily get out of my car. I sold my 2018 Impreza to Carmax for more than I paid for it, and got this beast. I love it! It’s easy to get into and out of, and also easy to get my walker into and out of the back. Lots of fancy bells and whistles, for a base model car.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Rolo posted:

Is that your lighthouse?

It’s a Coast Guard station in my town. I went to nursery school right across the street, so I got to go up it quite a bit when I was a child. I wish I could live there.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

couldcareless posted:

Looks like the house from Hocus Pocus.

There’s a good reason for that. This house is in Beverly, which is right across the harbor from Salem. When I got hurt I had to sell my condo, which was about a block away from the Hocus Pocus house. There’s a lot of this type of architecture on the north shore of Massachusetts.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

She is the best. And now I want some crêpes.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Holy crap, I just bought a new saxophone. My amazing Conn 10m died in a car accident years ago, and I never replaced it. I am now disabled, and didn’t think my thumbs could handle playing ever again, but I bit the bullet and bought a new Selmer tenor sax. I am looking forward to seeing how much muscle memory I have retained. I am very excited but also very anxious. I also bought an Otto link brass mouthpiece, because my original is in storage.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

johnnyratbastard posted:

Struck it lucky and got one of the last locally available MY22 foresters before a 6 month wait and price increase for the MY23.

Nice! I got one earlier this year and I love it more than any car I ever had. I wish you many adventures.

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

New off-road walker. After my niece and nephew dragged me through the Maine woods on a tour of their summer camp, I realized I needed some thing a little bit more burly to get me out and appreciating all that New England has to offer. I can lower the tire pressure to go on sand, and pump it up for rocky trails and cobblestones. And it matches my Stratocaster!

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Congratulations! Much happiness to you both.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dinahmoe
Sep 13, 2007

Digital Jedi posted:

Just finalized paying for a trip to Italy in November for 12 days!
First time going to Europe and pretty excited for the experience. Been wanting to go for years.
Going all around: Rome, Florence, Assisi, Sorrento, Amalfi Coast, Monte Cassino, Pompeii and Vatican

That is fantastic! I did almost that same exact trip with my parents years ago, except we did Orvietto instead of Monte Cassino, and we didn’t go to Assissi.