Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

I bought these for no real reason:

I have a dodgy battery that needs testing.

I had heartburn at the time.
e: no I still have it bad.

I'd love to know what the Amazon guy packing boxes thinks about people.

u fink u hard Percy has a new favorite as of 21:06 on May 6, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

spookygonk posted:

My iPod was starting to fall apart and as I need music on my train travels, picked up one of these second hand:

$200! $200? Really?

I mean good for you for getting it cheap but I cant believe there's a market for this. Do people really prefer it to, say, a sandisk sansa and $150 of music?

Crazy!

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Brings new meaning to lbd.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

LingcodKilla posted:

Why does it have to be a school? Don't shoot shame.

I also appreciate that the school shooting community is having a tough time recovering.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Mister Kingdom posted:

And for the old school nerd in me:

Your Lancia Stratos is broken.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Lilleput posted:

I bought a 65" 4K TV

LG 65LA965W

It's a model from late last year without HDMI 2.0 / 4k Netflix, i dont care about either. I got it for about half off the original price.

Wishing you and your wall many happy years together.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Basically everything except the tablet and the books supporting the shelf (I'm not paying £5 per bracket gently caress you ikea).

e: no idea why SA is putting that weird A next to the pound sign.

u fink u hard Percy has a new favorite as of 15:07 on Jun 29, 2014

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Nokyo playpad.

Since I've simplified my life by moving and leaving my PC behind, time to get back into emulation on my tablet.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Heresiarch posted:

Also, I am a total sucker for this sort of thing, even though I rarely if ever have to use any tools outside of the apartment.

So am I and I got one, but its difficult at best to get any torque on the fucker.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Pretty Lady Blob posted:

I got this thing for tree fiddy at a CVS today. It makes gross looking but good tasting egg tubes. You just plug it in, crack an egg or two in there, and a few minutes later your egg tube pops out.

Row, row, row your boat!

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Jerry Cotton posted:

e: It's a vase, sorry.

Shame, it would make a lovely whisky glass.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

M.Ciaster posted:

Sadly, it didn't come with the hands. Shoulda bought new, I guess :v:

Make sure to leave a comedy review!

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Merica posted:

3TB hard drive from newegg for 96 dollars shipped.

link if interested: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16822148844 ends on 11/7

Just what I need but I'll only buy WD. Historically, Seagate and Fujitsu's have always failed me.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

LTBS posted:

Work had a group buy so I got:

Nice looking android.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

New GFX card:

Best I could get between affordability/availability/4GB (I hope).

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

TraderStav posted:

I have this and it's cool and good.

Thanks, getting excited!

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Ethical question: Black friday in the UK (which I don't quite understand) has reduced my graphics card by £25. Do I buy another one just to send back with my first receipt?

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Trastion posted:

Depending on where you bought the first one and how long ago you can probably get them to refund the difference. Call the store and ask.

As for the not understanding the Black Friday part what don't you understand? It is not a Thanksgiving thing. It is actually when the stores supposedly go from being "in the red" or not making a profit to being "in the black" where everything makes a profit because their costs are covered for the year.

Oh I had no idea, thanks for clearing that up.

It's Amazon, so what do you think my chances are?

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Trastion posted:

0% because you are here asking instead of emailing their support to ask.

I'll take 100% over 50%, thanks.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

Probably the best piece of knitwear I'll ever own. It weighs about 2kg.

At £215 I'm glad you didn't include a link!

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Cage posted:

Who qtips their ears every day? Do you still have gunk in your ears after you shower?

Pretty much and they still need irrigating once a month.

If you're curious: http://i.imgur.com/53CbkeU.jpg

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Some new clothes from Marks because I have a gorgeous date tomorrow.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Gen 8 celica :swoon:

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

This:

This case:

And basically this:

gently caress you money.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

I actually use Nova on my Samsung tablet, but I'm hoping Sony haven't changed too much.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

TraderStav posted:

Compact or regular? Love my compact, just wish they made the Qi case for it.

Compact, as I don't see the need for anything much bigger than 4.5 inches. Hell I'd rather have 3.5" phones like they used to make if I could (RIP Orange San Francisco).

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

A big expensive bag for my work tools :suicide:

Luggage fans should see my folly need.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

PCOS Bill posted:

I'm not shaming, I'm advising for your safety.

So why should you replace all four at once with front or rear drive cars?

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

I thought of two other things in less than a second before reading the word fishing.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

spog posted:

Your first thought was 'dildos'. Wasn't it?

Second. The first was smilies which is hard to imagine, but I was seeing it through peripheral vision while reading the post on my phone.

But yeah thank God!

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Phineus posted:

Step 1 -- Buy Feathers
Step 2 -- Shave Face
Step 3 -- Throw away all other razors
Step 4 -- Joy

That good eh?

I'll try them next but after a year and a half I'm beginning to think I'll never run out of Astras.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Crain posted:

Lookatit! It's got a face in the soap :haw:

The face of a man who doesn't shave. That's some dumb marketing.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

king of the bongo posted:

It is a face full of lather, not beard. It's a man who is currently shaving.

Couldn't see the cap on my phone :v:

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Arrest that rear end! posted:

Oh man doing that was SO satisfying.

It's these http://flyduino.net/KISS-ESC-2-4S-18A-v11_1

They're game changers in the world of electronic speed controllers, in my opinion.

:spergin: posted:

We are sure you wont find another similar sized ESC which stays as cool and react as fast as this ESC at the same Ampere draw. Due to this special integration of hard and software some features are realized which allow the ESC to peform at a real high end level, no one reacts or brakes faster on a 14 Pole Motor (quite common) RPM up to 42.000 are supported, which is simply amazing. Given this high Pole count Motors arent a problem too for this ESC too.

Oneshot125 is an alternative PWM throttle Signal that is 8 times shorter/faster then the Standard 400-490Hz signals are. It is meant to be sent instantly after each FC controll loop to have the fastest possible ESC Response.

Jesus Christ

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Crain posted:

That is one fancy loving whistle.

This made me laugh and I'd like to encourage this kind of behaviour.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

larchesdanrew posted:

My first non-used vehicle. A 2015 Colorado LT.

Well, I ordered it. The supply to demand ratio is staggering, and dealerships only either have extended cab LTs with no options or loaded out Z71s out of my price range, and they're lucky to get any at all.

Now for some first world bitching (unchecked privilege trigger warning): My 2005 Accord I'm trading in is, apparently, highly desirable. I've had people wanting to buy it since I got it. I went ahead and gave it to the dealership to sell while there's still some tax money floating around and so I'd have that money ready to go when my truck came in. The GM (my father :smug:) assured me it wouldn't be long before my truck came in, and they'd give me a loaner vehicle to drive in until then, only a week or so.

The loaner vehicle is the grossest Altima in the world. It was just traded in and they hadn't even cleaned it or serviced it in, just gave me the keys. The woman who owned it beforehand apparently lived in a great big dirt pile and just poured perfume all over it all the time forever. This was probably to cover up the smell of some long-dead animal. I can't get the smell out. Also the radio doesn't work. But it's only for a week or so, right?

I checked with the salesman handling my order, and they haven't even started building the damned thing yet. It's still in pre-production, so I've got AT LEAST a month in this shitmobile.

Wah wah, I know.

Manual or automatic? :suicide:

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Minus Pants posted:

(with firmware hack to E8)

Eagerly anticipating an 'ask me about being a Ghostbuster' thread.

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Not just Texas!

Man drives to pub

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

Double edge razor.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

u fink u hard Percy
Sep 14, 2007

That's some Mog in the Dark poo poo right there.