Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Digital_Jesus posted:

sure move to NY.

I actually live on Lawng Eyeland

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I picture a bunch of friends all with half a spoonful of food. They eat it and force a smile as they each put $40 down to pay for the tab. Everyone too angry to admit they just paid $40 for an 8th of a meal.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bape Culture posted:

Haha yeah I hate good food!

Ahhh, so that's why you ordered such a small amount of it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That looks like an outdated map of Manhattan, I'd return it and get a newer one.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

beefnoodle posted:

Already lived/worked in NYC, trying something different :)

NYC to Seattle huh? That's quite the change of scenery. I'd be interested to hear your take on the pros/cons.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Is that an Ocarina?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

blarzgh posted:

Real talk: Nobody called them "Ocarinas" until after ZOoT; before that, they were just 'little flutes'.

The real question is why anyone would care about that.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What you need are speed holes. They make the car go faster.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

A couple pages ago there was a discussion about Herman Miller Aeron chairs. I found a new one being sold on Ebay, with free pickup near me, for $300. Can anyone tell me if this is a good price for one of these? Are there any accessories or whatever that are a must have? Any insight is appreciated :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Herman-Miller-Aeron-Office-Desk-Ergonomic-Chair-Size-B-NEW-/181783696023?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2a53271297

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Can I ask how you know it has adjustable armrest height? I looked over the listing and didn't see it mentioned anywhere. I guess you can see it in the picture? Also, can options be added later, or am I stuck with what it's got?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Thanks for all the info! I'm gonna pull the trigger. Hooray for my back!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Sigma X posted:

"Quality" gender stereotyping because it's statistically correct, or...?

No, don't.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Same here. I have trouble picturing what kind of clothes you could actually pull off those ties with.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Raikiri posted:

I got mine as a refurb from eBay, £125 so not THAT expensive. Although yeah, if you're dropping £800+ on a new Herman Miller etc. then try it first. As Vendagoat says they're so adjustable it's unlikely it will be uncomfortable.

I bought a used Herman Miller Aeron off Ebay for $300 without trying it out, after hearing their praises in this thread.

:iia:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

What about it don't you like? I play vidjyagames in mine. I lean back in it and put my feet up and it's perfect.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

That's exactly what I do in mine. There's a knob on mine that controls how much force you need to put on the back to make it lean. I turned mine all the way down to the point where if I lean back at all it easily leans the whole chair back. It's really comfortable.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Must be hard to shoot that gun with the duck penis protruding from the barrell.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Very nice. What did you pay for it?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Coffee And Pie posted:

Take the pen.

TAKE IT!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Do you commonly run over 10-year-old children, or are you just really paranoid?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Tell us your dark secrets Sigma this is a safe place.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Probably the same as every phone. When you first get it
When new = lasts 3 days without a charge.
1 year later = dies every 5 hours

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

"Which pair of filthy brown colored shoes should I wear today?"

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Goons have terrible fashion sense? Goons are really weird?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Etrips posted:

XB270HU - 1440p + 144Hz + Gsync = Yes, please!

Will get an ultrawide later on in the next two years when tech improves.

What did you pay for it?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Droogie posted:

And this because I have a 6 year old godson who just found out about model rockets and I used to love building and launching them as a kid. So we're going to build them together and everything. simple ones due to his age.

Holy poo poo I just got some vivid flashbacks of me and my father building and launching these :)

Good memories. I hope you and your godson make some of your own!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Oh god what's happening

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea there's no way you could drink more than one or two of those. They taste good but drat they are like straight sugar.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Coredump posted:

Is this stuff any good?

Tastes exactly like root beer but is so sugary you can't possibly drink more than 2.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

THPS probably holds up well but I tried to play Blitz on my N64 recently and it was terrible. I used to love it as a kid but it couldn't play more than 5 mins of it now.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

blarzgh posted:

After I wrote a check to this place

So I could do this

You're going to photograph a wedding? Boooring.

Just kidding, congrats!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Going to a music festival over Halloween weekend, so I ordered my costume so I can ride eternal, shiny and chrome:

"Why is there silver poo poo all over your face? What were you doing, giving robocop a blowjob?"

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Kinky! :pervert:

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but can someone recommend a white noise machine? I've gotten so used to falling asleep to the sound of my (window) AC unit that after I took it out after the summer I can't sleep. I tried a fan, but I think a white noise machine would be perfect.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Bip Roberts posted:

They are very tired of this misconception.

Tread lightly if you think otherwise.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Phthisis posted:

I have a normal sized water bottle that I fill at the filtered water cooler down the hall 2-4 times per day, like a normal person.

Listen, some people sweat profusely non-stop, all day. You either hydrate or you die. Who are we to judge?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea throw the protein powder in the blender with some ice, peanut butter, banana, strawberries, and blueberries. Yum!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

1redflag posted:

Also, put waaaaaaaaaaaaaay less peanut butter than you expect or it will just taste like peanut butter no matter what else you put in there. Honestly, I mean like less than half a thimble full of peanut butter.

This is true but I love the taste of peanut butter so I don't mind it.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Yea, if you value your life these are pretty much mandatory.

RCarr has a new favorite as of 22:32 on Nov 24, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

VendaGoat posted:

What's the allure of Chuck Taylors?

They are guaranteed to make a kid run faster and jump higher.