Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
I got my biggest tax return ever a few weeks ago and, in addition to getting new front wheels on my car and eating a shitload of fast food, I'm buying some things I've been wanting to get for quite a while. Things like two beaver pelts, and a white ermine, and a mink, and some deerskin leather that was cheap because it was sort of discolored, and a bunch of rabbit furs for kid to play with. I've got the furs piled up, along with my raccoon skin, in one big pile of fur. If I have two or three hundred dollars left I'd like to get a bearskin so I won't freeze at overnight events. Having a pile of fur might sound weird, but believe me, it feels awesome. Also feels soft.

eta- should have also said that I do living history so I am not just some fur-obsessed weirdo.

trickybiscuits has a new favorite as of 14:03 on May 9, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos

Dick Trauma posted:

When I was a little kid back in England in the early seventies my parents had a friend who was 6'7".

He drove a Mini. :smithicide:

He'd fold himself into that little thing and there would be barely enough room for anyone else. Being tiny I could fit alright. Then he'd go tearing around through traffic, including the horrid "Spaghetti Junction" of motorways around Birmingham. It was like being on a skateboard, and that's with the original wimpy engine. I can't imagine one with real power.
That sounds like some dreams I've had that were not bad enough to be nightmares, but were certainly not good.

I ordered the following:
in pink
in green
in navy
the brown one

Recently I replaced one of my two part-time jobs with another, better one (why am I so depressed typing that sentence?) and I need real grown-up clothes because people at this new job don't wear jeans. Unfortunately these clothes are not going to look the same way on me as they do on the models because I am the size of two models glued together.

trickybiscuits
Jan 13, 2008

yospos
Found this book at a thrift store for about two dollars. https://www.amazon.com/Fabric-Socie...L40_&dpSrc=srch

I'm a historical costumer and this is one of the books that got me interested in historical clothing 20+ years ago so it's pretty amazing.

I'm also drooling over that car! Two weeks ago I started a new job that means a hundred-mile round trip 3-4 times a week and the gas bill is considerable. My next car will definitely be a hybrid.