Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I bought some new shoes because they're starting to get harder to find and my other pair are getting old

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I taught high school during this time and my students quoted this all the time. Then "drat Daniel" came around and my students learned my first name was Daniel and I wore vans every day.....

Slimy Hog has a new favorite as of 00:54 on Feb 9, 2023

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

A bunch of stuff for a 5 year old's birthday party including a science demonstration and a bunch of pizza. It was a lot of fun but I'm SO drat TIRED.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Big ole bike

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

TotalLossBrain posted:

You didn't. It was a poo poo sale.

It always is

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

A ton of shop shaming on this page

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

GWBBQ posted:

I recently got a new car after an accident, too.
On June 12, I skidded off the road due to bad conditions and an unfortunately timed sneeze, and my face looked like this:

The next day, at the tow yard, my car looked like this

I'm probably going to have permanent scars on my left arm from airbag burns (link and cw for injury and blood, even though it's not too bad)
https://i.imgur.com/Qucc72s.jpg

All things considered, I consider myself lucky that I stayed conscious after hitting a concrete bollard at 45mph and was able to walk away.

Epilogue:

Yesterday, I drove home in this with a family discount and 4y/5.15% financing since loans through my credit union start at 4.99% because of some bullshit they call "the economy," while CarMax offered me 8.7% last week and had to re-run it for some reason yesterday and offered me a generous 10.4%

I always like the looks of that generation of Volvo wagons, and it feels so much lighter and nimble while driving than the S60 did despite having 10hp less that I really like it. Plus, it has paddle shifters so I can pretend I'm driving a sports car when I'm rolling through construction zones at 5mph.

Of course, someone hit the front passenger fender and bumper in the parking lot less than a week after I bought it :mad:

I'm not affiliated in any way with them and this isn't a referral link, but Madison Seating has a lot of high-end furniture for 1/4-1/3 of retail price, free shipping, and a 10y warranty. I have a Leap and my brother has an Aeron, both are great chairs and it comes down to personal preference.

Sucks that your car is busted but it's a great testament to modern car safety with the car looking so hosed up and you just lightly banged up

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Some boots

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

TraderStav posted:

The part I don't understand with the new Stanley craze is that yeti and all the knockoffs already solved all those problems years ago. I'm just put off by how big and bulky they are, they're the SUVs/F150s of the cup world. I can barely get my smaller bottle in the cup holder of the car when my wife puts hers in and if I move my arms around I hit it since it's so tall.

Yes, I'm yelling at a cloud and no, I won't stop.

It's because they're the current "thing"

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

mobby_6kl posted:

So they put an IMU and accelerometers in a frisbee? Why does it cost $300?

Likely because it's a niche product so production is expensive and putting electronics in a disc is going to effect the flight so they (hopefully) have done extensive testing and are using small/light parts.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Some pointy sticks

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Megabound posted:

Orthodox icons from a convent in Belarus

Which saints are they?

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I paid $800 to have some lady rub my balls

I got a testicular ultrasound. Everything looks normal.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Flights and an air bnb for a summer trip to Philly.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

Waste of Breath posted:

Nope. It is a very specific weird thing but is perfect for what I want.

https://www.eltamusic.com/solar-42

That's rad.

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I Yolo purchased this +a new monitor

Branch Nvidian posted:

PCPartPicker Part List

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D 4.2 GHz 8-Core Processor ($349.82 @ MemoryC)
CPU Cooler: Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE 66.17 CFM CPU Cooler ($33.90 @ Amazon)
Motherboard: MSI B650 GAMING PLUS WIFI ATX AM5 Motherboard ($169.99 @ MSI)
Memory: TEAMGROUP T-Create Expert 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR5-6000 CL30 Memory ($97.99 @ Amazon)
Storage: Acer Predator GM7000 2 TB M.2-2280 PCIe 4.0 X4 NVME Solid State Drive ($134.99 @ Amazon)
Video Card: Asus DUAL OC GeForce RTX 4070 SUPER 12 GB Video Card ($609.99 @ ASUS)
Case: Fractal Design Pop Air ATX Mid Tower Case ($79.97 @ Amazon)
Power Supply: Corsair RM750x (2021) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply ($109.99 @ Amazon)
Total: $1586.64
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2024-05-02 11:05 EDT-0400

If you go to Micro Center you can get this CPU/Mobo/RAM bundle for $500 and save about $118 off that parts list: https://www.microcenter.com/product...er-build-bundle

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

I've remembered how good chicharrones are , so not only have I purchased bags and bags but I've also purchased some added weight and probably heart disease