Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

IMJack posted:

A new pair of walking-around shoes. I like flat-black cross-trainers because I can wear them all day, I can run in them if I have to, and I can pass them off as dress shoes if nobody looks too closely.

Do you have the specific name of these? I never find totally black Nikes and could use them for work (not dress shoes, don't worry ylls goons).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

TV upgrade

65" Samsung UN65H7150. $700 off in :canada: right now

Didn't think TVs had improved much in the three years since I last bought one, but holy moley it's awesome. Even the remote is more impressive than anything Kinect ever did.

screenshot was random I swear

Here's a shot of Watch Dogs on it, very not next gen. 8/10

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Homestar Runner posted:

Dude couldn't you have waited like... 5 seconds before taking this pic :cmon:

It was just an ad for the True Detective Blu Ray, didn't show more than one second of that scene. :(

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Just committed to this

Looks like fun

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

RCarr posted:

Please tell me they put you to sleep for that.

Nope. If you're American they give you a valium. Not in my country!

Apparently it's not bad though.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

colas posted:

How much was it?

It depends on how bad your prescription is and how paranoid you are. Like I'm probably going to go with advanced wavefront lasik since it takes off less cornea thickness and has less likelihood of night driving issues, but it's an extra 500 Canuck bucks ($2,500 total with insurance paying a whopping $400 on top of that).

If your eyesight really sucks you're looking at PRK which hurts more, takes longer to heal and is more expensive.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

UFC 14

Great looking game but I'm surprised at how limited the player creation tool is. None of the preset faces look like me, Gustafsson (on right) is much closer but there's no option like him. Why are us aryan motherfuckers always getting the short end of the stick

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Doom Rooster posted:

Use Gameface, and make a fighter that looks EXACTLY like you. It's gotten way better over the years, and when I uploaded mine, it was pretty uncanny.

http://www.easports.com/login?redirectUrl=%2Fgameface%2Fcreator

Had tons of issues with this but finally got it working. Thanks. Now I'm horrified by my ridiculously accurate EA doppelganger. Like changing the facial hair looks EXACTLY like my various 1990s experiments. Although I already have two black eyes before I start fighting?!

edit: but then "I" look like this when I import it into UFC? I don't get it, the browser one is bang-on besides the eye thing.

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 04:54 on Jun 22, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Spamtheman posted:

the Steam sale has been fun so far:

Just finished the regular version of this on Vita, maybe my favourite platformer ever.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

First post-laser eye surgery purchase: Maui Jim Banyans

The sunglasses, not the oar.

Because summer is a bad time to do laser eye surgery.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

psyopmonkey posted:

It doesnt effect the amount of oxygen. I bought it to strengthen my diaphragm and intercostals.

The most it will do is make your cardio sessions a bit more difficult because you have to work harder to have a complete breath cycle. I got this to simulate when I used to run in my CBRN mask, which dropped my 2mi times by a considerable sum.

But, im just a dumb rear end who buys gimmicks and does zero research into what im buying. :rolleyes:

Return it and just move next to a trail that goes up 2,800 feet at a 30% incline like I did. Geez, this is like common sense bro

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

WhoIsYou posted:

Got a little something for the 4th of July

More like back to back Johnny-Come-Latelys am i rite non-Americans *high five or whatever weird foreign thing we do instead of high five*

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Help I'm getting sucked into the Samsung ecosystem against my will!!!

Gear Fit. Massive price drop + don't give a gently caress about fitness gimmicks, just looks and notifications + massive gadget nerd, gotta try one wearable before they go the way of 3D, right? Plus it'll disincentivize me from buying a new phone before my contract is up. Hopefully.

I almost waited for the Moto 360 until I heard it'd be $400+ and realized I don't actually like round watch faces.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Lord Lambeth posted:

Seasons 2 and 3 of The Wire. Best show ever.

As a former container port worker I can tell you season 2 is way too accurate.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

canyoneer posted:

Say more.
Do you mean the whole feel of the port worker and union politics, or the "running a criminal enterprise disappearing containers for the mafia"?

All of the above. The company I worked for the most made it very difficult to get anything in or out. Others... alarmingly insecure. Ships with all-Russian crews would come here straight from China, then go to Seattle, LA, and back to China. I don't want to get into the specifics of my job, but I saw some stuff.

Oh gently caress I just got it

UnfortunateSexFart has a new favorite as of 03:08 on Jul 10, 2014

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Gear Live

Bought the Gear Fit just last week, I know. But it was discounted because this was coming out and I knew nothing about Android Wear. :(

Watch me buy the Moto 360 too in a few months after it's too late to return this one.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fozaldo posted:

If you don't have time to meet Alice would you give her my number ?

Sorry, her schedule is jam packed after texting that to everyone at Google I/O.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Aphrodite posted:

Couple pages back, but the 360 is going to be $250.

Do you have a source (I can't find a confirmation) and is that Canuck bucks? I already returned the Fit.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Three nights at Chateau Whistler

Subtract snow, add mountain bikes

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

cname posted:

Please bring a skateboard too! Whistler is one of my favorite downhill spots.

The ones with the huge inflated wheels? I haven't skateboarded since I was about 7 years old, Whistler is probably not the best place to try again. :)

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

2 terabyte PS4-compatible hard drive. Because I play too many video games

I lasted about 5 years on my 360's 20 gig drive but now 500 gigs is like nothing.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Oreck Touch. Because Dysons are too expensive and my lovely Samsung Navibot has failed to clean along the walls for the last time (died).

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

the kawaiiest posted:

$38 with free shipping.

Still can't believe I got it so cheap.

Ha, switch amazon.com to .ca and it goes up to $109.

I have two Blu Ray players but have yet to try a movie on it (home theatre and PS4). Sold me on it too, although it's $52 for me. Amazon is weird.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

canyoneer posted:

I have bought a bunch of Blu Ray box sets from amazon.co.uk. Blu Ray is not region locked, and it sometimes ends up being way cheaper to buy there and ship to the US than buy the equivalent here.
I bought the 8 disc Harry Potter set the year it was released for ~$30 shipped to the US when amazon.com had it for $85

Interesting. Even weirder for .ca though is everything still ships from the US (Kentucky). I was charged nearly $8 for customs even though the last thing I bought also came through the US and had no import fees.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Robawesome posted:

Certainly not everything. I can't be bothered to check old tracking numbers but I'd say the majority of stuff I order from .ca ships from Concord, Ontario. I don't think I've ever paid a customs charge when ordering from .ca either.

OK well I can only go on my own orders (not many). And yeah customs charges are only from .com

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

leidend posted:

Oreck Touch. Because Dysons are too expensive and my lovely Samsung Navibot has failed to clean along the walls for the last time (died).

Apparently Oreck Canada is run by a single old lady and she never gets any stock (told me I'd have to wait 9+ weeks for a vacuum I needed a month ago) so now I'm the proud owner of this ugly thing

Dyson DC42

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Fozaldo posted:

My wife is a UK 9.5 I'm a 10.

Crazy - my hands are bigger than my wife's feet.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Hellbeard posted:

Ontario Knife Company / Kukri

Just came in the mail. It was much lighter than I had anticipated and simultaneously much bigger. The customs official marked it sword from what they saw on x-ray. The balance of it is remarkably close to the handle. Its not that sharp out the box but Ill fix that later. The sheath/scabbard is not that good but it might be a good base for one. I dont think its meant to hold up to hanging upside down or during physical activity- theres a lot of play. But the knife itself is really nice and most reviews agree its the best bang-for-buck ratio.

I like it.

Photographed with the Spyderco Kiwi-3 for comparison.

There's a really good reason why I needed this. I'll just have to figure out what it is. Does anyone know what the odds are for the earth being very suddenly covered in dense shrub or that we will be attacked by aliens which are mostly neck and spindly limbs?

Just say you enlisted with the Brigade of Gurkhas.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I've been considering a hybrid too. I live 5km from work but it's up a large mountain and I just can't do that poo poo at 8:30 in the morning. They've finally put in some decent bike lanes too.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

FredLordofCheese posted:

If you have a chance get over to your local bike shop and test ride a bunch of things. With the right gearing you can bike straight up a wall without too much work. Try more than hybrids even if it's just to re-affirm your choice. Just avoid any with shocks or adjustable stems.

Yeah I used to ride my 21 speed up the same mountain to school, definitely possible but not exactly pleasant. I feel terribly guilty (and fat) driving such a short distance though and they're about to tear down my covered parking to build a condo.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

App13 posted:

I'm not sure I understand the draw of house shoes. Why not be barefoot or wear socks?

Some of us live in cold places. Touching the concrete floor in my condo is miserable for nine months of the year.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

For my dad. Because his old boomerang is near the top of a very tall tree, thanks to me.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

Same. They used to make really sturdy phones back then.

Just get an otterbox rather than depriving yourself of some great technology. I can toss mine across a city block with no damage (case or phone itself).

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

PS4 camera. Because the NSA was complaining about not being able to see my naked body since I got rid of my 360/Kinect.

And also because of this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5S0zH4Z57mY

and this

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

If only you could do this in the new FIFA :sigh:

I don't like playing FIFA because the camera angle is so far out. I can barely see the ball let alone faces.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Moto 360 smart watch, now that they fixed the battery issues

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

help i can't stop buying smart watches

LG G Watch R

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Irritated Goat posted:

Recommendations on where to get nice hats? I'm pretty picky about designs.

edit: I'm also incredibly dumb and put my reply in the quote.

Lids (lids.com) is in every mall and basically the only choice where I live for sporty hats.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

I wore a Mikhail Gorbachev mask like five years in a row. Politician masks are eternal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

hackbunny posted:

Chicken embryo in resin block, for my girlfriend

This is what I fear will fall out of an egg every time I crack one open.