Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

Sappo569 posted:

That's way too many Z's for me to take the product seriously

Can i interest you in a member of the Razer family of Productz?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I haven't bought this yet, but holy crap do I want it. Never seen anything like it before and apparently they're super hard to find, and one just popped up on local Craigslist.

Remo Mondo 14x7.5 - it's a snare drum with a djembe/hand drum head on it so you can play it with sticks, hands, brushes, rods, whatever and flip the strainer on or off to make it snappy vs. sounding more like a traditional djembe. Also that finish is sweet.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

evobatman posted:

Got a Sony TC-D5M for dirt cheap, with a fancy stereo microphone included.

Gotta love those VU meters!

sweet! Yes to VU meters on everything.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

This is a good post. A very good post.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

I'm waiting for the 2nd gen New 2D Switch Lite XL.

Pikachu edition.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

treiz01 posted:

I found the Switch at London Drugs, of all places. I guess that doesn't make any sense if you aren't Canadian, but I went there specifically because people are barely aware they have an electronics section.

Excellent gun part.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Geoj posted:

Yeah, if only the product and manufacturer names were prominently displayed in the picture...

:thejoke:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I bought this.

Now, is it:

a) a sex toy
b) drug paraphernalia
c) an athletic training aid
d) all of the above??

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 02:01 on May 11, 2017

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Shoe chat: I don't wear Chucks as much these days and I'm generally an Adidas kind of guy, but drat, I really want a pair of the white on white Flyknit chucks as seen here. Perfect summer shoes as far as I am concerned.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

betterinsodapop posted:

Loving all of thse nice knit shoes, my guys!
Check these out, I'm thinking of picking up a pair too. Only $220!

Boost looks a little off. Clearly these are repros.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Rat Queens is truly, truly bad, but Squirrel Girl is great and fun. There, I'll split the goon difference.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

My backpack broke so I bought a new fancy backpack. Mission Workshop Sanction. I needed something durable, reasonably sized and waterproof and here you go.

(not my photo)

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 16:09 on Jun 2, 2017

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

LooksLikeABabyRat posted:

I've had a Mission Workshop bag for the past 4 years and it still looks new. Great choice.

I've heard nothing but good things about them from some people who are rain-or-shine bike commuters, messengers etc. - and I can see why. The build quality looks bombproof.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Tight Booty Shorts posted:

Are the front pocket and the main compartment water proof?

I am dumb and I missed this post. The zippered pockets are lined and have sealed zippers so yes. The outside pocket is lined but has no zipper. The main compartment is fully waterproof too.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I bought a cute not racist dog:

And some not racist but very very expensive carbon fiber that was on sale for really cheap, thank you Chain Reaction Cycles.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Don't mind if I do.

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/ca/en/easton-ec90-slx3-pro-ergo-road-bar/rp-prod35554

Use CLEAR2017 as your checkout code to get $20 more discount.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

"Best before Dec. 2012."

Also appears not to be guaranteed not to cause blindness.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

treiz01 posted:

THC OD... loving lol

In order to overdose on marijuana, you would have to smoke 1500 pounds of weed

in 15 minutes

Paging TCC.

(I'm gonna go buy some shatter after work too. Weekend, yay!)

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

$700 for a spinner, sweet Jesus Murphy. The "EDC" crowd never ceases to amaze.

I for one never leave the house without the bog standard knife, flashlight, gun, vape, multitiool, ring, rubik's cube, pacifier, dildo, laser pointer and dive watch. And now you're telling me I need to carry a top? gently caress. I'm going to need a whole new row of molle webbing.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 20:57 on Jun 28, 2017

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I bought this circular saw because I am a MAN WHO DOES MANLY THINGS YAAAAAGGHGHGH

(by which I mean I'm gonna build a cat condo for my cat :shobon:)

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Megabound posted:

A carved cinnabar lacquerware box for putting weed in.

Heck yes.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Hello, the exact setup of seemingly every crit racer and wealthy older person in my city.

(I want a stages though)

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

What the gently caress I bought another bicycle god dammit.

Marin Pine Mountain. Bought the rigid version because I want to use it more for bikepacking/exploring than trail bombing, but I can always throw a sus fork on it if I want.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 17:47 on Jul 24, 2017

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Shanghaied posted:

Oooooo, I love how Marin has gone full retro with the colour scheme and the painted stem. Look at this one from almost 30 years ago:

Yeah that's awesome. I think they launched those steel models as a big 30th Anniversary thing so the retro schemes certainly fit!

The only change I would make aside from tubeless conversion and a more touring-friendly handlebar is maybe switching to SRAM GX Eagle, or a clutch based Shimano derailleur system, but hey X7 isn't bad. Mine also came with Kenda Havok tires instead of the pictured Nobby Nics, but time will tell if I like the Kendas enough. I'm pretty thrilled with the spec seeing as it's priced so dang well.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 00:21 on Jul 25, 2017

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Pick posted:

This is going to amaze you, but they never stopped making any candy, ever. Just go to the Dollar Tree or Michael's for some reason and they'll have that weird obscure poo poo nobody likes

As long as they have those strawberry candies your grandma used to give out I'm all in.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Josh Lyman posted:

40 oz Yeti for $9.74?

64 oz of double wall vacuum insulated 18/8 stainless for $10???

The link, give me it

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

You're my hero. Those big ones are like 60 bucks if you get them from Klean Kanteen etc.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Bought a bottle of Bellwoods Brewing Jelly King Cherry.

Regular Jelly King is possibly my favourite Canadian beer, and I love cherries. I'm so excited :3:

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

OSU_Matthew posted:

Picked up some new backpacking gear today!

Snagged a 30° underquilt from HammockGear (who makes everything right on the other side of town here, which is pretty cool)

Picked up a new reflective ridgeline with tarp connectors from DutchWare Gear:

A new midlayer puffy synthetic jacket:

A BeFree water filter, which will cut down some weight from my current gravity filter without sacrificing flowrate and ease of use:

And some other bits and ends from Dutchware gear like reflective tarp tieouts, new stakes, and possibly my new favorite thing for backpacking, these tiny compressed towels that rehydrate with a few drops of water:

I hate you a little, but give a rousing thumbs up to your purchase. I want to buy a bunch of gear for bikepacking but I'm bare assed broke at the moment.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Sound Mr. Brown posted:

Check out the new MSR Trailshot! I've put a week or two on mine so far and am loving it. A lot less fiddly than the Squeeze, and not much more weight, and I really like not having to try to fill a bottle/bladder just to start filtering.

The trailshot is great but you have to really keep the filter super clean to keep the flow rate decent.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I bought a tent, hooray for legally sanctioned and socially acceptable vagrancy! It's a Six Moon Designs Deschutes Plus.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Did you get the net for the inside?

The Plus version comes with bug netting around the bottom that you can tuck under your groundsheet, so I figured that would be good enough. The netting is all that black stuff in the photo: the regular Deschutes is just the upper part. The Plus packs smaller than the tent + net combo would, which I like. And, I can't afford both a regular Deschutes and the inner net tent put together!

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

Sweet, might have just found my new bikepacking shelter then. Just gotta figure out a way to setup without a pole or get a folding one.

wazzup bikepacking friendo.

SMD sells collapsible carbon fibre poles as well, I bought one to go with the tent. Depending on your height you can get two different lengths so it's not quite as adjustable as a trekking pole but hey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

Good Dog posted:

Grandma might be curious what a "typical mac user" might look like and search for it.

I bought a new smart trainer for my bike for the few days during the winter too lovely to ride outside in (I live in Orange County, CA. I know there aren't many).

Elite Direto

Not a Tacx Neo, you have chosen... poorly. (I ride on rollers like a pleb/trackie so take this with a massive grain of sarcasm.)

Content: I bought a pair of these boots! Except I didn't. I just paid a whole big whack of money and I will get them in 10 weeks or so. Dayton custom/made to order Service Boot "Boondocker." They made a limited number of them a while ago and I like the style so much I asked them if they would do it again, and they were like heck yeah we will.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BDmL0nxSkxd/?taken-by=daytonboots

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 20:08 on Nov 18, 2017