Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Over the last few years, I acquired too many bits in the process of building out a home hardware set. However, I've never gotten a good, cheap driver to use the bits because I just have a bunch of 4 way screwdrivers.

Until now:

I don't even care about the 50 included bits. The driver is ratcheting, which is nice, but the important thing is a long, narrow shaft with a magnetic tip. $5 on Christmas sale. :getin:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

OptimusMatrix posted:

God I love these things.

That one specifically? I wouldn't think there's enough resolution from just putting a Note 4 in front of your face.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Vastarien posted:

Brand new Sigma 30mm f/1.4 for $200? gently caress yeah! Also,

Zoom H4n recorder and Sony MDR-7506 headphones (which sound weird, coming from my old AKGs. Gonna take some getting used to).
The 7506 are studio monitors. Nice for monitoring but a bit fatiguing to listen to.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

a round griddle? :confused:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bhodi posted:

Quick update, this is the $100 defect/damage:

Thanks, Amazon warehouse!
Is that listed under the normal item under "Used" or is it a different link? I'm not looking for a full set but I do need a 3 qt tri-ply sauce pan.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

Dang, that's really nice-looking and I might pick it up myself.
Do it. It's the best all-around case. Street price is $110 + shipping, but you can clear $100 w/shipping if you want for a sale.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

These waterproof gloves were posted on Slickdeals, $10 w/free shipping. But they're only 40g Thinsulate and I already have 40g Thinsulate leather gloves, and I didn't like the camo:

Inspired by the fact the wind chill was 0*F this morning, I ended up buying these. 80g Thinsulate, Gore-Tex, look better, and on "sale" from $60 to $15, though shipping and tax brought it up to $22. More than I wanted to spend, but they should last a long time.

Josh Lyman has a new favorite as of 00:03 on Jan 9, 2015

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

1redflag posted:

Link for the sale? (Cant seem to locate them on cabelas myself)
Here you go: http://www.cabelas.com/product/Cabelas-GORE-TEX174-Insulated-Shooting-Gloves/1381009.uts

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Bape Culture posted:

She could still say no I suppose. But then I can sell it and buy a Cayman S. Win win.
That's an expensive loving ring :stare:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

App13 posted:

Another solid shoe post.

Got some bean boots since I live in the snowhell that is New England.

I thought those were backordered for months after the snowpocalypse that Buffalo got a little while ago. :confused:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

500GB Samsung 850 Evo, $185 after stacked discounts from Newegg:

Cooks Standard Tri-Ply 3 qt saucepan to replace my previous tri-ply 3 qt that boiled dry, $46 down to $10 after promotions and rewards points:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

legsarerequired posted:

I'm trying to save money this year, but, sigh:

- A hotel room located within walking distance of this year's gay pride parade route from hotels.com
- Tickets to the local Song of the Sea showing
- Tickets to Sufjan Stevens
Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's the opposite of saving money. :negative:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Wicaeed posted:

Good luck with the G710. Pretty much turned me off of Logitech gear after keys started breaking less than 6 months after I got it.

Logitech wouldn't honor their warranty without a store receipt, and of course you can't buy replacement keys, that would be crazy!!!!!
I think most manufacturers need proof of purchase, but Logitech specifically has been taken advantage of in the past. They used to send out replacement mice with just a serial number, not even requiring you to send the faulty mouse back, so people bought old mice on eBay and called in for warranty service to get an upgraded new one.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Vegetable posted:

I've put it through multiple light showers and I've never gotten wet.

Also I've worn the coat for two seasons and haven't washed it. I don't think it needs to be washed.
It's synthetic insulation, the whole point of which is easy care, namely, washing.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

I use my iPhone 6 naked, but sometimes, when I'm out and about, I'd like to have some protection. Enter, the Zerolemon Razor Amor:

http://zerolemon.com/product/zerolemon-iphone-6-razor-armor-dual-layer-protective-case-carbon-black/

Similar design to the Spigen Armor, arguably better, but it's $10 on Amazon right now with coupon ZEROLEM3

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

PCOS Bill posted:

"Uh oh, don't want anyone to think I'm a peasant with an ANDROID phone, gotta make sure there's a logo cutout"
I, for one, would prefer the logo covered to help prevent dust from getting in.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

beanieson posted:

the spigen version has a clear film there to prevent dust
Ah, that's nice then. Like I said, it's just to protect my phone if I'm going to a concert or something like that, so there shouldn't be an issue of dust getting inside and spending weeks or months scratching the back.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

bowmore posted:

Criterion's are great. If they have released a movie there is a high chance nobody has done a better job then them with it.

I just wished they shipped to Australia and made Blu Rays in PAL.
Pretty much all Blu-rays are 1080p/24fps. NTSC/PAL is irrelevant.

Region locking, however, is still a thing, unfortunately.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

SaltLick posted:

silicon cock rings sounds...unwise
Pretty much all cock rings are made of silicone.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Grumbletron 4000 posted:

You can get a jack, some jack stands and the tools to do an oil change for under $100. It takes less than an hour to do on most cars, costs about half of what a shop would charge and its immensely satisfying to do your own work on your car.
Doesn't the disposal fee for the old oil pretty much remove any cost benefit? I can get a change of 5W30 for $20 + tax at my local independent shop.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I like your Salvador Dali inspired keyboard.
I had the same keyboard/mouse setup until I upgraded to a Logitech G502.

The keyboard is pretty great though:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FishBulb posted:

I bought a 12 oz bottle of beer for 6 dollars because I'm a loving dummy
Are you at a music concert?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

larchesdanrew posted:

Radioshack in the next town over is closing. Everything is 90% off.

Everything.

I bought about 30 LED lights, a bunch of heat shrink tubes, a pile of usb/hdmi/DisplayPort/SATA adapters of all sorts and about 1000 feet of Cat6 cable for $40.

But when I said everything was for sale, I mean that anything that wasn't bolted down was for sale.

I bought the cell phone display tables.

They're pretty much solid metal and are surprisingly sturdy. They'll make some :krad: work benches for the shop.
gently caress, I completely forgot about the liquidation sales. I totally would have bought... Uh... iPhone 6 accessories? Maybe some basic electronics like fuses and... an RC copter? Nah, those would have sold out early.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

echoplex posted:

Wayfarers to replace the much much much nicer Saint Luarent sunglasses I had that I left in an action vehicle which we then blew up :negative:

Were the YSLs also Wayfarer style?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

App13 posted:

Picked up a pair of these from Amazon. Should be good for the upcoming summer months.

Still deciding on an Apple watch. Everyone at work will have one so I may just get one based on peer pressure alone :<

(not really, but the watch does seem interesting)
Down with Flyknit, Nike Free 3.0 v5 4 lyfe :cool:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Reverse Centaur posted:

Someone I know stole mine so I essentially paid that much. I prefer the version without the touch screen, less accidental presses.

I just paid $75 for an ID card with RFID and medical information, feels so futuristic, can't wait for some Watch_Dog hacker to know everything about me

and yes that is my real name
5'9 and 112 lbs is like model skinny.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Toast Museum posted:

I'd wear 'em. It's a great color.
Yeah, I bought a pair of Levis in that color last year but settled on a muted olive. :negative:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Part of me wishes my Speedy Pro had a co-axial chronometer.

Part of me.

Congrats on the purchase! You'll love it more every day.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

The factory battery on my Thinkpad X201 is down to like 15 minutes. I've waffled on how much to spend on a replacement, but I got an Amazon gift card and this thing has 4.5/5 stars with 95 reviews. I would get a 9 cell battery, but apparently the aftermarket ones aren't any good.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker%C2%AE-Laptop-Battery-Lenovo-ThinkPad/dp/B00AQ9RIAA/

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

gently caress I want this vase so bad:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

BgRdMchne posted:

How is it different than a regular immersion blender?
For one, it's not a blender.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

BgRdMchne posted:

So it's a pot stirrer?
Yes, but it also heats the water in the pot and controls its temperature.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

getsuga posted:

I finally saw some domestic shipping options for this guy, so I had to jump in. Been wanting this watch for ages.

Now to find a less hideous strap for it.
Make sure to buy some spare batteries.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

The stupid flat tire screen on the 360 ruins it for me. The urbane though looks like a real watch though. It's probably the best looking one out there right now. And frankly the size of either of them doesn't matter considering the size of what real watchmakers are putting out these days. The urbane and apple watch look big until you put them next to a 52mm watch.
Normal people don't wear Panerais.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

manual prostate stimulator?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Daimo posted:

20% off at thinkgeek today so why not?

I'm all for Star Trek gear but that looks like poo poo n

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

FishBulb posted:

Chucks are good lifting shoes but you should have gotten a cooler color
Yeah frees wouldn't have been a great option. You want something with as little give as possible. That's why all the proper lifting shoes have no midsole cushioning.

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

tentawesome posted:

I bought both Amtrak and Megabus tickets so I could go home for a weekend without risking the imminent death of my car. Not sure what I'm going to do at Chicago Union Station for two hours at the buttcrack of dawn, but oh well.
Listen to an audiobook? Browse the forums?

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

How does Adidas boost feel?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

mfcrocker posted:

I love my R5. It's so bloody easy to work with.
Yeah, if I were building a PC today, the R5 would be my default case.