Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!

colas posted:

Is What Do You Care What Other People Think all about the Challenger explosion or what?

More or less. Surely You're Joking and half of What Do You Care are basically a connection of funny / entertaining / interesting anectodes about Feynman's life, the other half of What Do You Care is a serious retrospecitve on the investigation into the Challenger explosion, as told from Feynman's perspective.

e: added spoiler-tags in case someone (probably the dude who bought the books) doesn't want to know what's in them beforehand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

New oven. Baking, here I come :dance:

(Apologies for lovely cellphone picture.)

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

I'm selling I've bought these fine leather jackets.

Splurged a bit, since I'm on a business trip where there's a good local production of leather and a local friend brought me to a good, non-touristy shop.

They weren't cheap, but they'll serve me for some time and I'd have paid thrice the price for these back home.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

white sauce posted:

so what are they?

I'm not sure I understand the question. They're leather jackets? :confused:

If you mean the brand name, they're no-brand, made locally in the shop I bought them from.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Yes.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

This bad boy right here.

It's a laser gun. It shoots lasers. Into your face. To kill hair.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Taking advantage of sales!

Brooks Glycerin 15, in white. (I have two other pairs in black, but since these are running shoes I go through them quite fast.)

And a couple running tops.

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Two of these, in dark brown. Going to set them one on top of the other to replace a terrible shoe rack that can't fit anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Josh Lyman posted:

How often do you guys buy winter house slippers? Seems like you’d want to replace them each year if you wear them with bare feet.

It's been several years since I bought a new pair, but I pop 'em into the washing machine about once a month during the winter months when I'm wearing them.