Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SweetSassyMolassy
Oct 31, 2010

Still piecing my rig together. I rather like how everything except the video card has come out black and blue. Didn't intend that but it's nice.

in addition to the case(Thermaltake A31), power supply(Corsair CX500M), SSD(240GB PNY XLR8 Pro) and video card(PowerColor Radeon 7850) I previously got, I now have my motherboard, ram and optical drive.

MOBO is an Asus M5A99X EVO R2.0 socketed for AM3+ at $107 w/rebate
Optical drive is a Lite-On DVD writer at $15 because I've had both Samsung and LG white goods die on me almost immediately after the warranty ended. Not doing Korean electronics if I don't have to.
Ram is a pack of ADATA XPG 2x4GB DDR3 1600 at $55 w/rebate

So far the rebates are:
Corsair: Arrived first and was a nifty visa credit card with the Corsair logo on it.
PNY: Arrived second and was a check.
PowerColor: Processing
Thermaltake: Processing
Asus: Rebate documents in the mail
ADATA: Rebate documents In the mail

Got the build more or less done and all I have missing is the CPU and which version of Windows to buy. Next paycheck I suppose. Jeb is there for moral support and as a reminder for what game needs to be purchased first.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU