Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Christmas presents!
For my friend who is obsessed with sarcasm and being sassy:

For my sister, the high-functioning alcoholic with a communications degree:

I also bought a charcoal hoodie from H&M for myself ($10 marked down from $20!) and some Christmas cracker things.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Bought this to fill the John Green-shaped hole in my heart. My friend said it was pretty good, I'll see for myself.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

I wanted a little bluetooth gadget for listening to audiobooks and doing Siri stuff, and the Motorola Hint is out of my price range at the moment. This one is only $15 (with prime shipping) and has the best reviews of all the products like it. Link here, for the interested.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Bought a suit, not the guy. Calvin Klein, still have to get it tailored though.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

beanieson posted:

How do you like it? I've been looking for something similar.

It's pretty bad, I'm returning it and putting the money towards a Moto Hint.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Had a $30 gift card from Coinstar, so I bought some dope blu-rays of dope movies:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Paid $140 for tickets to the first concert I'll have been to since 2001.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Wow, people are getting mad over a guy (fairly nicely) pointing out that a guy bought fugly rear end dad shoes.

Van Dis posted:

Maybe he didn't want to look like a suburban white liberal with one black friend

That's better than looking like the senior manager at Burlington Coat Factory imo

Content:
I rented this yesterday, thought it was really great.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

kannonfodder posted:

I want to buy some Crocs just to annoy the snobs in this thread.

I think that's normcore.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I got a $25 gift card to Barnes & Noble that apparently couldn't be used for coffee, so I bought a couple books:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Sappo569 posted:

Shoes for work

Shoes for running

This is a good shoe post.

Here's my less impressive shoe purchase, some Vans Authentic Classics

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Got these at half-price at a store closing sale"

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Jesus, you guys gotta calm down. It's a cheap hot dog. He ate it, it's gone now, it can't hurt you anymore.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

blarzgh posted:

I want a Calvin pissing on a smaller Calvin.

It's Calvins all the way down.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

What brand is this? I could go for a few all-over printed t-shirts.

BiRD BoY posted:

Pac Rim is dope. iPads control stuff in the rooms. TVs in the bathroom mirrors, balcony fireplaces, etc. I get there once a year since they opened, to bike those lovely mountains you can see in the view pic :)

Took me about 2 minutes to remember what thread I was in and realize you were talking about a hotel and not the film Pacific Rim.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CaseFace McGee posted:

Adidas good, Cole Haans baaaaad

What make you say that? I've handled a few pairs and they all seem really solidly constructed.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CaseFace McGee posted:

I've seen the opposite, my Florsheims have been much better quality. Also, CH makes some ugly-rear end shoes that leave a bad taste for the ones that look a bit better. Shopping at eBay is still the best for quality in that price range.

Salt Lick, I just got that bike pump a few months ago, love it.

Huh, I'll keep that in mind when my employee discount finally kicks in. I still love those suede Cole Haan oxfords with the sneaker sole though, nobody can stop me there :getin:

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Suprisingly expensive Nike socks for the summer. gently caress a no-show sock.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

null_pointer posted:

It's been an expensive week.

Droid Turbo 32MB in "ballistic nylon" ... stupid name, but a cool looking, fast phone.

As much as I love my iPhone, I have to say, Motorola is making probably the most aesthetically pleasing phones at the moment. If I had to ditch it, I'd definitely go for a leather Moto X, that's a nice looking phone.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

bunnielab posted:

I tried safety razors on an off for years and never found anything as efficient and blood/burnless the the good old Mach3. I accidentally discovered that Nivea Sensitive Skin Aftershave lotion actually works better then any shaving cream/soap I had tried as well. I really wanted to like the idea of old timey shaving but it was just inferior all around.

If you have an irritation problem, try out Bump Patrol, it's the best aftershave I've ever used, especially if you have trouble with ingrown hair.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Timberland case, gonna use this for toiletries

Earth Defense Force 2025

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Jerry Cotton posted:

Do you like death?

Isn't that the joke people make when someone buys Hotline Miami?

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Train ticket that will deposit me out here (Boston South Station)

Yay for trips to visit friends.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Crain posted:

Going to PAX east or just visiting friends?

Just visiting a friend at school, I didn't even know PAX East was happening!

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Jerry Cotton posted:

I... don't know?

But "Do you like death? Then die!" is a line that's in at least one EDF game and you hear it a lot.

Wait...I'm thinking of "Do you like hurting people." I'm dumb, carry on.

I pretty much blind-purchased thanks to the RunButton podcast/LPs. It looks basically like a game of the big battle scene at the end of the Avengers, which is extremely my poo poo.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Love me some Best Coast. If only they would come to NY :(

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Crain posted:

Suddenly realized I'm out of shaving soap. Just a tiny sliver of a puck left.

So I got some Proraso Green (which I've wanted to try since forever), and a tub of Arko shave soap.

Added bonus:

Lookatit! It's got a face in the soap :haw:

I almost don't want to use it. The art deco style is really tickling my fancy here.

First thing this made me think of:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hni4OIJXG4

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

LTBS posted:

They are. I'm having a party for them this weekend.

I'm picturing a Home Alone situation.

For content, no pictures cause it's gross, I paid to have a tooth ripped from my jaw.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Well, better a self inflicted tracker than one forcibly implanted by aliens

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Supreme Allah posted:

$636 on the final part of my tooth implant. Supposedly I have good insurance according to the dental office ladies, but I guess a tooth implant is considered an unreasonable, ostentatious expression of vanity so I have around a 50 percent co-pay for it. Which means that at some point when the insurance people were deciding co-pay percentages they got to 'fake tooth to replace real tooth' and they all just threw their hands up and rolled their eyes. 'These assholes want a fake tooth, to replace a real one? What the gently caress. Okay, we can't be in for more than 50 percent of little lord fauntleroys fancy boy bullshit.'

Yeah, I had a tooth out recently, and the general sentiment is "deal with it until you have a real job and decent insurance, rear end in a top hat." It's a back tooth, so it's not really needed for looks, I still feel weird without it. I'm legit thinking about starting a kickstarter to buy me a new (gold) tooth, anything extra can go to Smile Train or something.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

NovaLion posted:

Speaking of ugly things people wear, I started buying a new wardrobe because I'm moving somewhere hilariously cold soon.

A good clothes post. Great shoes.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
For all the information you may need on fixed gear bikes, I would recommend the documentary Joseph Gordon Levitt starred in and narrated, Premium Rush

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

CrackSpider posted:

Because I'm a huge lame nerd:

They're the same shoes worn by Black Widow in like a five minute sequence where she and Cap are undercover at a mall in Captain America: The Winter Soldier. The reviews all say they're super comfy too and, hey, I need some sneakers that don't suck.

Not to poo poo on your parade or anything, but I'm pretty sure she was wearing Nikes. These are nice though! I've definitely priced Cap's Supras from the same sequence...

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
That's lovely. If I ever get out from under the Apple monolith, I'm going for a Moto X. I've been meaning to get a Moto Hint for ages.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
I had to buy checks because I'm apparently a grown-up now.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

I was going more for this. But I also liked the idea of having ridiculous checks.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

KingColliwog posted:

They could just charge you a fee everytime you use one? Just like they do with many other operations. It's not like they don't know you used one unless I don't get how these things are registered.

Anyway, that's quite a long derail for cheques, we need more crazy shoes instead.

You're in luck.

Because it's starting to get warm out.

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"
Went to coinstar, used the profits to buy some junk:
Rad shirt

:911: headband, for July 4th! (plus because sweaty guy + starting to work out again + growing out hair is a trainwreck of a combination)

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

SgtScruffy posted:

That shirt is pretty rad - where'd you get it? Reverse GIS only shows CCCP soccer jerseys (which, to be fair, are rad as well)

Amazon, mystes was right, it's an Augusta Striped Sleeve Jersey. Comes in all sorts of tasty colorways as well, I might get a few more if I like this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Coffee And Pie
Nov 4, 2010

"Blah-sum"?
More like "Blawesome"

Jerry Cotton posted:

"UR MY BUTTHOLE"

You are my butthole
my only butthole
You make me happy
when skies are gray