Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

A new rear shock for my bike

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

And he was talking 'fore I knew it, and as he grew he'd say "I'm gonna be like you, dad" "You know I'm gonna be like you".

also

Monster bike :black101:

I'd make a crack about it being worth more than my car, but that's not really saying anything.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

For doing a little trail maintenance around home.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Timbuk2 alchemist laptop messenger bag

I had one of their classic messengers, but I was looking for something a little bigger with zippers to access pockets while the flap is closed. This fit the bill and I am really happy with it so far.

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Should be here Friday. I can't wait! :dance:

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

spudsbuckley posted:

You're gonna need some wheels and poo poo, guy.

Wish I hand't spent all my money on the frame. :shepspends:

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

strangemusic posted:

Skyland Cycles - I live in Vancouver and he's doing good work here. I wanted to go with someone local who knows what it's like to ride where I ride.

As for why steel: 1) Custom carbon, if I were to desire it, is RIDICULOUSLY expensive - even by high-end cycling standards - and there's like one person doing it that I know of (Argonaut.) 2) I wanted to focus on all-day rideability compared to my carbon bike. 3) Steel bikes feel awesome to ride and they soak up vibration, and custom fabrication allows tuning the frame to my preferences for weight/stiffness etc. through selection of tubing, shapes and geometry. 4) It will last forever.

Those look beautiful, good choice! Can't wait to see the finished product.

Material strengths aside, when I look back at carbon and aluminum frames of years gone by most of them look pretty dorky by today's standards. A nice steel frame never goes out of style IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Painful Dart Bomb
May 23, 2012

Some Italian cranks for my italian bike. Now I just hope I never have to take them off. :downs: