Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i used to collect records ending maybe 10 years ago but i havent had a working record player since then. i decided to finally spring for "low end of the high end" pro-ject t1 sb so i can listen to my collection again. drat after this long listening to just streaming music i forgot how good records actually do sound.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i got a sling/crossbody bag which can also be worn as a fannywaist pack(i think maybe theyre cool again so i refrain). i love my man purse thing

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
if you sit for a living, aeron is the only chair you should ever consider buying. if you live in a city, you can often find lightly used ones that you can inspect personally (and pick the best one from) at office liquidators for 400-500$

all the parts that wear out can be replaced. should last basically forever. accept no substitute

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
thats a sweet ride

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
i have vision insurance through my job and it's basically worthless. they will pay for 1-2 boxes of contacts per year (not month)... OR same amount of money towards frames and lenses (around 150$ or so iirc) which never comes close to covering the entire thing. it covers an eye exam also which is around 100$ value.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
for sure theres way better options now but im really picky about frames ive been wearing the same kind for many years and am too stubborn to change. objectively they are no better than zenni or warby et al... was just pointing out vision insurance is pretty bunk in my experience

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

H110Hawk posted:

You probably need a bigger charger. If I recall correctly those Intel ones need a like 100w of charging all to themselves. Something to look at if you haven't gotten it in the mail yet.

Nice score.

cant beat that price even if you have to buy a 1st party charger. this is my work laptop exactly (intel i7 processor) and apple provided a 96W charger with it.

however i actually typically plug it in and charge it through the USB-C connection from my standalone monitor instead so I can use one port for both power and additional display output purposes and it seems to work fine... no idea what kind of power it is providing but ive been running it like this for years+ without issue just using a random usb-c to c cable i had lying around, nothing special

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
the 4runner current gen is one of the best looking suvs which is funny because they have barely changed the design in like 10 years. i think it has had a facelift in that time

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
unironically bring back the days when you would have 3-5 extremely complicated remotes like that to control your a/v setup

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Inzombiac posted:

Using a quote from ChatGPT for your promo poster is such a dipshit move. gently caress this place.

lol that is wild... (hope you enjoy the event though sorry their marketing is so dumb)