Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

Flipperwaldt posted:

True on the former, false on the latter. The change to soda lime glass was well before the brand was sold off and the logo changed.

E: the color of the glass is a better tell.

Blue tint = bad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

skooma512 posted:

Got a Weller WLC-100 soldering iron.

I've recently purchased an Iso-Tip and am pretty impressed by it, worth checking out too if you're ever in the market again.
https://iso-tip.com/

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters
Some folks (including pros) use Marsblades to simulate the rocker motion, it's not perfect but it's better.
https://www.marsblade.com/off-ice

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

His Divine Shadow posted:

A steam juicer, mainly for making cordial, but also apple sauce and apple cordial.

This looks so cool, I've never knew about these until now.
I read up on it, and I learned a new trick where you place glass marbles in the water boiling part, and so if the water risks getting too low, the marbles rattle letting you know to add more water. I will use that trick for when I steam my dumplings.

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters
So I love Darn Tough socks, but I find them almost too warm sometimes.
Is there a lighter weight version?

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters
My wife bought me a Ninja coffee maker 2 years ago and I use it pretty much every day.

I hate the name, I hate the fake chrome, and I hate how it looks. But it works _so_ well.

The coffee is nice and consistent, I love the different receptacle settings (small cup, large cup, travel mug, large travel mug, half a pot, full pot) with some turning on the keep warm element. It cleans well too, it has a hot water flush setting that is easy to use and comes on automatically.

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

mobby_6kl posted:

Haven't had any issues with my Bosch fridge, how loving hard could it be to make such a basic appliance??!

Companies add features that make people buy new fridges and drive up the cost.

At first these were useful features, like a cold filtered water tap and ice maker.
But then they started adding features like a browser and ones that take pics of the inside and send it to your phone.

Also it puts people on a buy cycle of 5~10 years which makes them more money.

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

My Zoji has settings for white, brown, sweet and sushi rice. But not for problematic rice. Any recs?

Try making pancakes
https://kirbiecravings.com/rice-cooker-pancake/

It's very very good.

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

Rolo posted:

I found this tonight, I’m trying to complete my Rilo collection:

Such a good album

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

Subjunctive posted:

I want one of those but we have counters that are some kind of stone so I’m afraid.

It's a hassle, but you could drill through it. Just need a diamond drill.
https://graniteselection.com/blog/h...ue%20to%20heat.

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters

TEMPLE GRANDIN OS posted:

I had that one it was the best I tried of the lot

Dried out my nasal passages like all the rest but it was comfortable on my face

You can also get a heated tube for some CPAPs which will aid in the humidification

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LowOnCyan
Feb 29, 2016

None of this matters
I think one trick that my late friend did with sous vide was to float ping pong balls to prevent evaporation (enough to cover the surface).