Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Supreme Allah posted:

http://www.amazon.com/LV-Quality-Leather-Samsung-SAMSUNG/dp/B00B690AIG/ref=pd_sbs_cps_37?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZQ1EXQPT35C00CFPRE7

Grabbed one of these cheap rear end cases for my phone and shimmied my license and bank card into it, so now when I leave the house I only need to grab one thing and it also protects the phone. It's nice, you should get one.

That's one way to look at it. To me it makes the phone hugely bulky and a single point of failure for loss. Phone got stolen? Your ID and debit card are gone too!

I could see how women would like it in place of a purse or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Robawesome posted:

Several people agreed. Relax dude. There was no "ad hominem attack" you weird neckbeard

Shut the gently caress up and get out of this thread, nobody gives a gently caress about your pathetic accessory elitism

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

SpartanIV posted:

Actually on the knives it's not an LED screen, it's an engraved number on the blade like so

But yes, pay real money (not just american!) and then you get a tiny slim chance of getting a fake knife that tracks your body count. Each key is $2.50 so in the previous post when that guy says hes opened 100+ crates without a knife, he's saying he's spent around $250+ for nothing. Most guns you get are available for a few cents they are so common. Nice guns go for a few bucks. Stat tracked can get kind of pricey but only AWPs and Knives get insane.

Isn't it kind of stupid to have a constantly changing number be engraved on a knife? Wouldn't hash marks make a lot more sense?

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

psyopmonkey posted:

Its a videogame for teenaged boys to get their aggression out. Chill.

My verisimilitude :(

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Brockden Brown posted:

Oakley Custom Racing Jacket, positive red iridium lenses, $205 in store.

I have one subjective and one objective complaint about this. Subjectively I think these look like poo poo. Objectively I cannot fathom why you would randomly cut out little bits of your expensive sunglass lenses, thereby making them worse at their one and only job, keeping out the sun. Plus not protecting your eyes from debris as well, and adding weak points to the lens.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Cause I wanted to learn to write like an adult. Extra fine point cause I like my fountain pens like I like my women, shipped free with several ink cartridges and delivered in the saturday mail.

I'm really curious to hear where you got the idea that adults use fountain pens. Probably less than .1% of the human population has ever or will ever use a fountain pen in their lives.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Robawesome posted:

Corsair K70 RGB to replace a Das Keyboard

per-key customization, pretty sweet

This is cool, I want it to be a real-time heatmap of all my keypresses so its like im literally burning up my WASD keys as I do 360 noscope headshots

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

CancerCakes posted:

Guys instead of ripping off an artist because you saw something that woot fatigue put on his wall why not go to red bubble or society6 and buy some art so that some starving artist can eat and you can get something to put up on your cave wall.

Nicking an artist's work ain't cool

Actually though, it's very very cool to do that. I would download a car, as well.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

bunnielab posted:

Sure thing guy. I own both and absolutely find my automatic a ton less annoying. What exactly is the benefit of a manual in a normal car? Maybe a little better gas milage I guess.

Not any more. Modern automatics rate a few mpg higher than manuals.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

AnxietyMan1488 posted:

Went shopping this weekend, picked up lots of cool stuff. Spent a lot of $$$ but it was worth it.

Nice marbling on this one:

This was an awesome find. Very well preserved, from the Damrau 456 collection:

Not a rare piece but still pretty nice:

drat, that thing got a hemi?

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Evelyn Nesbit posted:

Plane ticket to go visit my boyfriend.

wow he's hot

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

CaseFace McGee posted:

Why the gently caress would you need a 40" TV for the bedroom?

I just got a bottle of Riesling, and it's delicious.

What year is it? I thought for a second you meant 40" was too small, and I'd almost agree. Big TVs are cheap as poo poo, and they don't even take up much room anymore. Might as well go big if you're going to use it frequently.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Call of Cholula posted:

Plate puller so I can continue to leave my bike in bike racks without getting a ticket.

Are you trying to say that a cop won't be able to ticket you for doing something illegal if your motorcycle doesn't have plates? Because you'll probably just get towed and additional tickets.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Call of Cholula posted:

Its a motorcycle-for-children (a moped), and its chained to the bike rack. No, they won't tow it, they'll just keep walking.

I'm curious what makes you say that. If the cops are officious enough to ticket a moped for being chained to a bike rack they'd probably pop you for not having plates in addition to the first ticket.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Haha, what do Craft Beer People do that's so annoying? Ask for bottle openers and get pretty fat?

Mostly it's the ones that can't stop talking about how they don't understand why people drink <popular macrobrew> when they can drink Megahops Fucker IPA, it's soooooo much better

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

dreesemonkey posted:

I bought some really flattering "don't hit me with a car" gear so I can walk in the evenings.

(blinky light things)

You're going to wear a vest and blinking lights to walk at night?

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

colas posted:

Is that why they just say "Levi's Signature" and don't have a number like 501 or 514? Target has "Denizen" lower-priced Levi's

Yes, the trick is that the signature is scrawled in poo poo

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

http://www.amazon.com/Decrum-Star-W...AT6Y0AZ4N3G5MM9

Unlike that other one, this one actually looks like it might be more worth $200 :v:

Would you spend $200 on a product whose official description reads "All star wars fan!! Get ready to mesmerize your style like a living legend. The special edition of Finn Leather Jacket worn by John Boyega from the movie "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" is now made available at our store. So grab your hands on it."? I wouldn't, even if I really liked star wars.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

aghastly posted:

Yeah that came up in the inspection. They're an asphalt-asbestos combo that were laid in the mid-'50s, but unless I'm dying to rip them up they're (allegedly) safe, according to the group that tested them. I think the floor's awesome though, I'll keep them until I can afford to safely remove them.

Thanks! I'm glad y'all like it. I don't have a picture of the kitchen and floor handy, but the floor and blue continued all the way into the living room. Even the ceiling was a light shade of blue (you can't tell in the photo because it's overshadowed by how blue the walls are), and painting it was a nightmare.

Here's the living room now.

I think it looks like the cafeteria for a regional government building. Your kitchen and living room look like a county DMV or perhaps the waiting room in the Dayton Ohio office of the department of transportation. In any case, if you ask me, it isn't a good look.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
Why are you giving him poo poo, he's obviously preparing to join the rebel cause in Syria. I mean nobody would buy a $400 knife just to pretend they're the Seal team 6 guy from CS right?

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Droogie posted:

I carry one of these, the HK model.

It's not such an extreme angle, but yeah, essentially it's just for extra melee damage in an emergency situation.
I work law enforcement, but a branch that doesn't carry a firearm, so that's why I keep one on my belt, on my non-dominant side.

if you're looking for "extra melee damage" there is a wand in the third dungeon that does a short range AOE on right click

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

MG3 posted:

Don't go to any gay clubs, I hear they're violent in that area.

Really? I heard they're killer.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

PCOS Bill posted:

I have never expressed admiration for Hitler.

The perfect example of a "non-denial denial".

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Nur_Neerg posted:

Roundtrip flight for Madrid, staying mostly in San Sebastian, Barcelona, Seville over a few weeks.

:iiam:

:whatup: Bape. Also debating trying to get into Mugaritz or Arzak, El Celler de Can Roca, Tickets, and a couple Michelin-starred joints in Andalucia.

My grandparents took me to Akelarre which is near Arzak, it was amazing and has an awesome view. Highly recommended.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Bottom Liner posted:

I bought a National Park Access pass and spent a week in Utah. It was fantastic.

Hard to get more value out of $80 than a year of unlimited entry to hundreds of the best natural sights in the entire god damned world. Good choice.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Mu Zeta posted:

The ExOfficio ones are meant to be travel boxers that you can wash quickly in the sink or something and it dries in a few hours. Gross.

Luckily they don't explode or anything when you wash them the normal way.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

cyberia posted:

I respect the 'expensive doctor's waiting room' aesthetic you've got going on but how can you chill out with a sofa like that? Sofa's should be big enough that you can lie down or slouch on them and get comfortable when you're deep into a Netflix binge. That thing looks like what you sit on when you're awkwardly waiting for your prom date to come downstairs while her parents make small talk with you.

To his credit, it does look like a great place to read the march issue of time magazine.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

H110Hawk posted:

Fruit of the loom "fashion briefs" are a wonderful thing. They're basically the equivalent of "bikini brief" panties but for men.

Just FYI, when somebody asks you "nice <item of clothing>, do they make them for men?" they don't actually expect you to answer, they are insulting you.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Phthisis posted:

It's a kit to make an electronic die. If you tilt it it'll generate a random die roll and display it on the LEDs. I just kinda feel like doing some soldering and I could hypothetically get some use out of it. And it was $5 on sale so why not.

Even at $5 it seems like a waste of money.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
I'm assuming that is some kind of ironic hipster brand because it looks like something you'd pick up from goodwill for $1.00 plus tax to wear while painting to protect your real clothes from paint splatter.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Bape Culture posted:

Lots of dealers are charging 10k overs on M2 comp so that’s a legit good deal. He could drive it home and probably make a few grand just flipping it.

That's a little extreme don't you think? It would be really dangerous plus I think it would be insurance fraud. He should just drive it normally.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
This seems like a good place to brag now that they've confirmed the ticket will be honored:

Business class from LAX to Bangkok for $620. Usually about $3000.

Lie-flat seats

Non-terrible food, free alcohol

Free food and alcohol in the airport lounge

This will be my first time flying anything but economy so I'm pretty loving psyched.

I'll be spending a month between Thailand and Vietnam, but that prospect is not quite as exciting as getting this fare while it was live.

Magic Underwear has a new favorite as of 10:43 on Aug 26, 2018

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

1redflag posted:

How'd you get the flight for so cheap if I may ask?

It was a mistake on their part, the business class ticket was set to the economy price. Bloggers picked it up and I just happened to see it while it was live. It only lasted four or five hours before being fixed.

Mistake fares get canceled after the fact a lot, but this airline (hong kong airlines) is smaller and trying to break in to the US to Asia market. They officially announced they are going to honor the tickets on twitter. I guess they just chalked it up to a marketing cost or something.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

mobby_6kl posted:

I scored this deal a few years ago:

It was also an error fare and they honored it. In general I think you have a decent chance if you book and pay immediately.

That's insane. That's got to be an even better discount than what I got even, with all those different legs.

a_good_username posted:

Where in Thailand are you staying!?

There are an overwhelming number of hotels in Bangkok, right now I have a reservation for a pretty cheap place about ten minutes walk from khao san road but I haven't fully made up my mind.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc
It's truly amazing that rational athiest goons making a deece six figgies touching computers are so quick to believe absolute nonsense like "i don't sweat any more after not using deodorant". It is absolutely delusional, no different than the schizoid with the unshakable faith that God is telling him to strangle the neighbors cat, which is incidentally what you smell like, a dead cat.

Skipping a shower isn't going to hurt if you work a desk job and don't exercise in between but no loving amount of microdosed lsd is going to change the basic physiology that you loving reek if you don't use deodorant for weeks on end.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Bape Culture posted:

I might

I also, agree 10 years of casually trying, grabbed a supreme bogo off the site. Unreal

Yeah 1017 ALYX 9SM put them on everything lol

Not to open a can of worms but what do they charge for the rebranded hanes hoodie

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Shut up Meg posted:

In glorious HD which it deserves.

Some of the scenes are so well dressed and shot, I'd want to print them out and frame them in my walls.

Wow that's spooky, I just finished re-watching this for the first time in years. Incredible show. 4>1>2>3>5 btw.

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Bape Culture posted:

Things I’ve bought that have fallen apart due in the next few weeks

2 track days at Nürburgring
3 weeks in Amalfi where I was supposed to be best man
2 stag dos in Europe

And the FINAL FUCKIN NAIL IN THIS poo poo COFFIN this week in Spain...

You have no idea how difficult it was to set this up lol

On the bright side. Sneakers.

Guillotine

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

Trabant posted:

This is a pre-purchase someone-loving-stop-me plea so that I don't spend a thousand drat dollars on an office chair.

I got a Leap v2 (it loving owns) barely used for $250 from a liquidator. No need to buy new.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Magic Underwear
May 14, 2003

Young Orc

skooma512 posted:

If you like Cham! you'll adore skub

not much what's skub with you