Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Coffee And Pie posted:

I think the badness of the first season is overblown, it's more like a weird 6-episode-long pilot.

Most people I know thought the show was trash and once I made them watch season 2 they liked it. Season 1 is completely skippable and at best mediocre TV.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Boots and snowshoes I posted earlier come today, decided to order this to go with them.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Aristophanes posted:

Groot pop vinyl. We got two of these in at work; I immediately snatched one up, and my coworker nabbed the other one when she started her shift. Sorry, customers :shobon:

Good choice, I've got the limited edition loot crate one.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Stavrogin posted:

First house! I'm returning to join the ranks of Grand Rapids goons.

Man I need to get back to GR and get a burger at Stella's. And some tots.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Yeah it is. Might have to get one of those when I build a new computer in a month or two.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

LTBS posted:

I also got a JL Audio 10" Sub with amp and box.

Why do people still do this? A lovely sub makes a lovely sound system louder not better. Replace all the speakers first if you must drive around and be laughed at when your car rattles.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Fozaldo posted:

The 18 is a smooth beauty.

God yes it is. So tasty. That's a lot to drop on scotch at once right there.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Fly with me posted:

Finally got around to getting this with the other expansion game pack.

I got it from Amazon, but the price has already gone up.
Walmart has it online for $100, though.

Should have checked out reviews, it's kind of a piece.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Possibly moving in a couple months, so instead of doing a whole rebuild I just upgraded my video card for now.

ASUS STRIX GTX 970

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

colas posted:

If Bran ends up saving the world I'm writing an angry letter to GRRM , that un-original bastard.

Cake batter. The flavor is good but the texture is mealy/grainy, just a little bit. kinda weird, the bottles aren't like that.

Muscle milk is lovely fatty powder. And waaaaaay overpriced. You really should check out the thread in the fitness forum.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Vegetable posted:

I've put it through multiple light showers and I've never gotten wet.

Also I've worn the coat for two seasons and haven't washed it. I don't think it needs to be washed.

This is so goony and disgusting unless you wore that coat 3 times.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Well drat Denver is sold out already.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Nathan's had mediocre hot dogs.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Lascivious Sloth posted:

Home made hotdogs with good ingredients are the best.

This, find a good local hot dog or meat shop and you will be blown the gently caress away at how good they can be.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
Steam had a sale so I bought this game for $2.50. It's a pretty great game and I played it before, very worth the small price of admission. Kind of Portal-esque.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Lilleput posted:

I bought a watch.. Yay watches

Never heard of them before, but I bookmarked the black/black one. Looks sick.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

App13 posted:

The note series have Wacom digitizers

And come with styluses.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
New hard drive arrives today, was running dangerously low on space:

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Nephzinho posted:

This thread is a good place to ask as every time I see someone post a good whisk(e)y it turns into a page of tears of joy. Friend is getting married soon, love for booze rivals his love for his fiance. Any consensus for a good $100-150 range bottle to gift?

I'm a big fan of the glenmorangie 18 at that price.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

SpartanIV posted:

I bought a bunch of stuff within the last week.

Floor mats for my car. I wore a hole through the factory ones, and weathertech makes awesome stuff. I've given them so much money.

My first SSD hard drive. Just finished setting it up right now. It kind of owns.

Some goon-made soap. It's great stuff!

An upholstery knife thing. I'm attempting to reupholster a chair and I'm losing my mind using a screwdriver. A guy in one of the youtubes I watched used this thing and it looked like pretty easy going

Stuff for getting back into wet shaving since regular blades have gone up in price again and it's loving ridiculous

That hard drive and those floor mats are cream of the crop, great choices. Been thinking about getting some weathertechs.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

null_pointer posted:

It's been an expensive week.

Droid Turbo 32MB in "ballistic nylon" ... stupid name, but a cool looking, fast phone.

Bought the 64gb version a month or so ago. Such an awesome phone.

DrBouvenstein posted:

I agree that the Moto X line looks nice, but the Droid lines look ugly as sin, IMO.

Too much channeling of Extreme PC Case Mods from 2005.

Throw a nice incipio case on it, you'll never know it was ugly, and it's the IMO nicest phone on the market with Motorola's feature set.

http://www.incipio.com/cases/smartphone-cases/motorola-smartphone-cases/motorola-droid-turbo-cases/dualpro-case-motorola-droid-turbo.html

That in the cyan/grey looks amazing in person.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

rds posted:

Good god that's a steal for SSDs, especially if Crucial has cleaned up their act since the firmware snafu.

They haven't, there's a reason that drive is so cheap and that's because it's plagued with problems.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

prezbuluskey posted:

Whatre these for? I just bought these:

Specifically for squats and deadlifts and crossfit sorts of workouts. I prefer to lift with just socks on but I figured people at the gym don't like that so I got the frees.

Those look like running shoes...don't do deadlifts and squats in running shoes. And don't do cross fit at all it's garbage.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Bobby Digital posted:

Squats and oly lifts. I've been lifting with minimal shoes (New Balance Minimus), but I've found that having an elevated heel is a lot easier on my knees and allows me to hit depth easier.

Those are running shoes, there's a world of difference between an elevated heel and the lifted toe on a running shoe jesus people.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

tentawesome posted:

I only make OK financial choices. At least I will be having fun while I eat peanut butter.

Great console, two absolute garbage games.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

You need to get away from Verizon, man. Get yourself a no-contract MVNO like Ting. Sure, you'll pay more up front buying the phone outright, but the savings over time are so worth it.

Nah some people like having service 10 feet outside a major metro area.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

I get great coverage on Sprint in the middle of Bumfuck

Your anecdote totally makes sprint's notoriously lovely service better!

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

davebo posted:

I've been debating getting the Asus strix gtx 970 a few people bought in this thread months ago for a while, and finally pulled the trigger today. Loaded up GTA5 on my ps3 the other day and realized when it comes out on pc I want to be able to crank every possible slider up to 11. Now when the hell is oculus rift coming out?

Amazing choice, I got the same card and it's almost silent even when running full blast.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

88h88 posted:

It's a testament to how lazy drivers in the US are that manual transmissions are 'effort' and 'annoyance' rather than fun as gently caress. Banging up and down gears is a pleasure even in the crappiest of cars...

You have no idea what traffic is like in cities do you?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Crain posted:

then the BBC said "gently caress it" and canceled the show and destroyed the last two episodes of this season.

I don't think either of these things are two.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

DrBouvenstein posted:

I'm 99% certain you could never get it to work as an NFC bank card or anything similar.

For one, those kinds of NFC devices are secured/encrypted. You can't just read the details on them from any device, you need the one they are paired to.

Secondly, the frequencies are different anyway. NFC phones have a small range of NFC chip frequencies they operate at, and most NFC frequencies for things like bank cards, secure building access, etc... are outside that range.

What? No. NFC phone chips are used almost exclusively for emulating bank cards.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

spog posted:

http://arstechnica.com/business/2014/12/coin-wocket-plastc-the-all-in-one-cards-trying-to-sprint-ahead-of-apple-pay/

I am sorry, but I don't believe they have the technology to make a magstripe rewritable by the card itself.
EDIT: I stand corrected:
http://www.cnet.com/news/smart-credit-cards-get-closer-to-consumers-wallets/

And what you are presenting for payment doesn't have any of the Visa/Mastercard securitt features on it - including the signature panel or hologram.

And I will bet my PIN that it will not be able to handle chip and PIN EMV.

Except it's designed to handle contactless and chip and PIN.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

colas posted:

It's super accurate. lol.

not as good as Fat Tire. Also got a laser pointer, I wanna see if my parent's lizard-hunting terriers will go after it.

I'd disagree, I find fat tire a pretty uninspired beer, but their seasonal offerings, especially during the summer, are fantastic.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Fozaldo posted:

Weekend beer purchases. Yes, as my mate calls me, I am a hoppy IPA hipster wanker.

Didn't know you brits got Michigan beers. Lucky you.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy
I still don't get why everyone jerks off over Rogue, all the beers I've had from there were decent but nothing special. I guess if that's the closest to good microbrew you can get then it's pretty ok.

Bottom Liner posted:

6 pack of my favorite beer for $10, a few cigars, and some pork belly for dinner tomorrow night.

This however is pretty drat good. Tried this and the Odell tree shaker, peach flavor is way too subtle to set it apart from any other IPA though.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Flaggy posted:

Yup it's a Denver artist. I am up in Fort Collins. His name is Kevin Eslinger. His stuff is awesome.

This is great news, I also live in denver. Gonna be looking this guy up.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Flipperwaldt posted:

It'll probably take the car radio fifteen minutes to index what's on there every time you turn it on.

This. I have a 32 GB I keep maybe 10 gigs on because otherwise it takes a year to index. Every time you turn the car off.

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

bowmore posted:

I went and saw Avengers

How?

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

kannonfodder posted:

Proper count 11 of the artists are familiar. In my defense, I don't give a poo poo about modern rock/indie/whatever you want to call it.

Not trying to be a goon about not knowing what popular things are. I was genuinely curious if it was a line up of obscure artists, or it had been that long since I've listened to that kind of music.

Most of them are very obscure and the less obscure ones are either has-beens or very indie.

A Kpro posted:

So based on a bet my friend and I made I got this jersey

and if I wear it to a San Jose Sharks game he'll buy me nachos.

If you wanted an interesting bet it should have been a red wings jersey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Malf posted:

I don't understand all the hate towards this sofa. I wouldn't necessarily have chosen that colour but it looks like it'd be really comfy to nap on.

I worked in furniture for a while and anything that looked like that was godawfully uncomfortable.