Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

You don't have to love me, but you will respect me.

DrBouvenstein posted:

Tickets to see these guys:

Along with these guys:

And these fellows:

Should be a pretty cool concert down on the lakefront. Sneak myself in some beers and have a nice chill evening. :cheers:

Not a fan of the other 2, but I love me some Bad Religion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Vrikkian posted:

My liquor stock was getting dangerously low. I only had a half-full bottle of Bombay Sapphire, and I didn't feel like drinking Christmas tree water tonight, so I grabbed this on the way home:

Please don't shame me - I drink it mixed with a little Diet Coke to cut the edge.

Bulleit is great, has a nice rye flavor to it. Lose the diet coke and you'll be happier!

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Borommakott posted:

What headphones should I buy that won't break in like a month?

Sony MDR 7506. These have been my editing headphones for 10 years now and they are great:

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR7506-Professional-Diaphragm-Headphone/dp/B000AJIF4E

But if you're looking for earbuds I don't know.

Ishamael has a new favorite as of 16:42 on Jul 22, 2014

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

davebo posted:

These are pretty comparable to the MDR-V6's which are also great, and even the MDR-V600's were fantastic though now discontinued. I've mainly used them all for video editing but also got a pair at home for gaming and music. I use earbuds for short trips on the metro but any time I take a plane trip I bring them. It's worth the bulk.

Also in a few years if the pads start flaking off get the velour pads to replace them. Very comfy.

Ooh, I never thought of getting the velour pads, I just replaced the pads with the same type after about 5 years.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Fountain pens are cool and nice looking, those fancy pencil things are cool and nice looking. I really don't see the problem with buying something you like that you will actually use.

Of all the weird poo poo posted in this thread, it is a slightly more expensive pen that gets people mad?

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Just bought the 128gb iPhone 6, so far I am liking it.

Any recommendations for a good case for the 6 (4.7")? It is new enough that there seem to be some scammy people selling cases on amazon and I want to make sure I don't get something that sucks.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Trabant posted:

To quote myself from a different thread:

Part of me always thought Mr. Cool Ice was a hoax and was done with a sharpie. It makes me so happy that it is real and that he is continuing to add more skulls and repetitions of his awesome name all over his body.

No one will ever be able to say that he is not Mr. Cool Ice.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Scarf posted:

What the hell is an imperial brown ipa? :psyboom:

As much as I love craft beer and the micro-brewery movement, some of this poo poo has to stop.

Why?

EDIT: I don't actually care, I am just curious why you think this is something that is worth caring about and needs to be stopped.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Bip Roberts posted:

Good call closing on a condo in the most bloated market in a country that's about to get Dutch deceased into a deep recession.

"Honey I've got some bad news. We have to sell the condo. "

"What, why?"

"It's the Internet. A forums poster laid down some harsh truths about how we may not have bought our house in the right market at the right time, and I have been owned. "

"But this is where our families live!"

"It doesn't matter, he said we're about to get Dutch deceased. "

"Well that's not a phrase. "

"I know, but he said it with such attitude. Tell the children to pack their toys, we're moving."

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Nice stuff, thanks for the links.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Jaramin posted:

Do you drink tea every day? And if so, do you feel like you would be missing something if you stopped?

Yeah I don't really see British people as having a lot of room to talk when it comes to compulsive caffeine consumption.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Boooooooooooks

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

For people who are interested, since the dude didn't say, apparently this is a spinning top.

:shrug:

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

OSU_Matthew posted:

E:

Also just bought a new mower! Lowes has their 80v brushless Kobalt line on end of season clearance, so I scored a push mower for $250

This is way more comfortable than the Honda 215 self propelled I fixed up, and runs much quieter and mulches better than the 10$ garage sale craftsman I’ve been limping along for six years. Can’t believe I didn’t switch to an electric mower sooner!

A Good Mower.

I was surprised at how well the 80v mower worked, we tested a bunch out at work and this was my favorite of the battery powered mowers. If you have a smallish yard this works great.

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Megabound posted:

cameras and gins

A Good Purchase.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ishamael
Feb 18, 2004

Got this same jacket for last Christmas (in gray) and it's definitely a good one.