Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost

The Fuzzy Hulk posted:

I just bought this magnet off amazon.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00123YGCC

Turns out my mailman is a bit of a joker.

This is funny but wouldn't something that magnetic mess with sorting and scanning machines and stuff during shipping.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
http://www.amazon.com/LV-Quality-Leather-Samsung-SAMSUNG/dp/B00B690AIG/ref=pd_sbs_cps_37?ie=UTF8&refRID=0ZQ1EXQPT35C00CFPRE7

Grabbed one of these cheap rear end cases for my phone and shimmied my license and bank card into it, so now when I leave the house I only need to grab one thing and it also protects the phone. It's nice, you should get one.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

big mean giraffe posted:

S3 Mini? Ouch.

I'd keep a dumb flip phone with buttons if I had my druthers, but it was free and lets me ignore e-mails on the go.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Magic Underwear posted:

That's one way to look at it. To me it makes the phone hugely bulky and a single point of failure for loss. Phone got stolen? Your ID and debit card are gone too!

I could see how women would like it in place of a purse or something.

If I lose it I'd be fully screwed, so it is like a purse. I have a little purse.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
I got a wood toilet seat. Now I sit on wood to poo (and in the mornings, to pee)

I suspect at some point today you will price a wooden toilet seat.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

rockcity posted:

Sure, the photo sucks, but I sent this one to my mom the other day when she asked about it in the same photo.

It's carved from a piece of driftwood.

It looks nice but shouldn't the wine be tilted downwardly, to keep the cork moist.

E - I googled a bit. I guess that orientation keeps it moist too. Im used to them pointing down, or flat.

Supreme Allah has a new favorite as of 01:35 on Jul 31, 2014

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost
NFL starting

Stocked up on cheap crap that should get me by -- will need to escalate to the 100+ proof vodkas but it's a solid base

handle

handle

12 bottles i think

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

$636 on the final part of my tooth implant. Supposedly I have good insurance according to the dental office ladies, but I guess a tooth implant is considered an unreasonable, ostentatious expression of vanity so I have around a 50 percent co-pay for it. Which means that at some point when the insurance people were deciding co-pay percentages they got to 'fake tooth to replace real tooth' and they all just threw their hands up and rolled their eyes. 'These assholes want a fake tooth, to replace a real one? What the gently caress. Okay, we can't be in for more than 50 percent of little lord fauntleroys fancy boy bullshit.'

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Cierra posted:

Started a new job. Bought a pair of shoes to celebrate. :toot:

This isn't the usual rainbow-colored moonwalk crap worn by ironic imbeciles that get compliments around here, good job on having actual nice shoes.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Glottis posted:

Pretty neat, unless one of your keys goes to, I don't know, a car

Dont most cars made in the last 10ish years have remote doors and push button start? With the key part slid in and it never comes out like this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Glottis posted:

You think that *most* cars made in the last decade have push button start? Certainly not in the US. I still don't think it's a standard option on most cars.

I figure a bunch of them would. My car is 7 years old and has it, my buddy's Camry has it, my other buddys Maxima has it. These seem to be pretty common cars, not exactly Teslas.