Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rds
Nov 28, 2004

Drogadon posted:

A pair of these

And tickets to this

I can't even believe the line-up this show has.. Color me jealous, sir/madam.

Finally caved and bought my own coffee maker so that I can just walk to the train in the morning now that it's warm out, instead of having to swing by a coffee shop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rds
Nov 28, 2004

MA-Horus posted:

Or you could get a Keurig and a reusable filter cup? Though I do find that the coffee that way is a little weak.

This is the route I'm taking. Not only is it cheaper, but I can just use the coffee I already know I like.

rds
Nov 28, 2004

bowser posted:

Jaybirds Bluebuds wireless headphones. Hopefully they don't suck!

They're loving amazing. I don't know how I used to get along with wired headphones.

rds
Nov 28, 2004

colas posted:

Besides the aesthetic, (especially in public) why?

You can't simulate altitude, which is where the advantages come from. You're just making it harder to breathe. Altitude training works by increasing hemoglobin, hematocrit, and blood volume after being in that kind of an environment for a while.

rds
Nov 28, 2004

Bruxism posted:

Does making it harder to breathe actually improve anything besides making you miserable? It actually sounds unhealthy rather than beneficial...

I'm think (I'm no pulmonary doctor or anything) that it is unhealthy for you. As in, you're only pulling in 80% of the oxygen you normally would, thus lowering your oxygen saturation while you're trying to increase your output. Sounds like a recipe for an embolism to me. People who are normally pulling in less than around 90-ish Oxygen Sat. are typically walking around with oxygen tanks on them.

rds
Nov 28, 2004

burnsep posted:

These are great but I'd really recommend you superglue the buds on. drat things fall off at the slightest excuse.

Do you mean the buds staying in your ears or the buds falling off of the body of the headphones? I've had a small problem with both, easily solved by using a different earbud size (they come with 3 options) and giving my cord a bit more slack behind my head.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rds
Nov 28, 2004

Ozz81 posted:

Snagged 2 of these bad boys off Newegg, less than $100 each after shipping :woop:

Crucial MX100 256GB SSD

Good god that's a steal for SSDs, especially if Crucial has cleaned up their act since the firmware snafu.