Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

I'm not female or named Cory, don't live in California, or have such nice countertops but it's the prettiest picture I could find (MSF safety course).

travisray2004 has a new favorite as of 21:08 on May 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Most people could not give a poo poo less about the movement of a watch. They like how it looks. It's a fashion accessory. Who cares if it's a Fossil? Let someone buy whatever they find suitable.

Digital_Jesus posted:

Zooooooooooooooooooooooom.
And I hate you; because I envy you.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

McKilligan posted:

2 grand well spent.

Jesus gently caress. Now this is a tattoo done right. So intricate.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Whoforthenwhat posted:

Realised I haven't watched movies in years, bought a few that I don't own yet to get me back into it.

I really like your taste.

Mine is:

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Josh Lyman posted:

I have this watch.

My next purchase was a $5000 watch.

Tread lightly.
Hahah yeah, I currently have a pricier watch and a gshock but wanted something more formal looking but at the same time wouldn't cry over if it was lost, stolen, or broken.

PleasusChrist posted:

What model is this?

Seiko 5 Silver SNKL83K1

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Not all recently but since I last posted in this thread.

Annoying as gently caress at first but eh, I've gotten used to it.
in white.

because I'm an old man and decided to think conservatively and get a more "sensible" car than the Miata I was going to purchase and there's no drat way I was going to buy a new/used sticker price Chevy. Talk about buyer's remorse.
+airbags, headliner, fender, door, and paint job to get said vehicle road worthy.

(not these exact ones)

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

colas posted:

I don't know what happened. I used to like it. :psyduck: /maybe I'm going insane/

On bluray. The sequel to Drive. Gosling reprises his role as a violent autistic wheel-man.

Was this really the sequel? I watched a good portion of it a while back but didn't get the Drive vibe from it at all. Thought Gosling's performance wasn't as good either.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Oh ok. Just curious because I didn't watch enough of it to get anything other than motorbikes and bank robbery. Didn't get a chance to watch past the scene at the house.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Coca Koala posted:

Just ordered this:

And this:

A Raspberry Pi 2 and a Beaglebone Black, along with assorted cases, power supplies, and a flash card with an OS for the pi.. I figure I can hook the Pi up to my TV and use the web browser to watch stuff like Twitch on my big screen instead of my monitor, because the web browser on the PS4 is just unbelievably lovely.

The Beaglebone Black is for more general messing around and software development of small projects; I tried dual booting with Windows and Linux for a while, and it ended up being more trouble than it was worth. Running linux in a VM is just barely slow enough that it bothers me. So I'll run Ubuntu or something on the Black and use that instead of building an entirely separate computer that would be way more than what I need.

Now I just need to figure out a way to switch keyboard and mouse input from my desktop machine to the black that's more graceful than unplugging everything and moving it over.

I understand the fun behind tinkering with and customizing the device to your liking but I never understood why people go for the Raspberry Pi, especially for media center applications.
It's slow (in comparison to the other android set top boxes) and not that much cheaper. I always thought just buy a drat Amazon FireTV.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Amazon-Fire...=p2047675.l2557
It could be even cheaper than a Pi if you're brave enough to gamble on purchasing a rootable one (and got lucky to snag one of those refurbs).

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

PCOS Bill posted:

I don't think you 'get' DIY

I dont think you know the meaning of DIY, but moving on.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Slimy Hog posted:

From a non-profit bike store

Sorry for bumping a post from several pages back but the gently caress is this? Are the prices any better than the usual bike shop?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Slimy Hog posted:

Check it out!

http://www.workingbikes.org/

If you click on "The Shop" in the upper right, you can read a little paragraph on how it works.

And yes, the prices are better because the bikes are used, but all the worn parts fixed/replaced.

That's awesome. My friend will be in Chicago in a few weeks so I'll ask her if she can check a few out for me. Thanks!

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
At first I thought the Huggies were diapers . You must have one loving room mate.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

strangemusic posted:

All this crap:

To go into an arcade cabinet I'm building!

I envy/hate you. I've wanted to do this badly for a few years now. Do you have any details or a build thread? Are you building the cabinet yourself or getting a kit?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

TheFonz posted:

I've had Android phones since the T-Mobile G1 in 2008. My Nexus 5 is getting real long in the tooth so I bought a new phone on a whim.

Worst case scenario it was only $500 so if I hate it I'll buy an edge. I like the iPad my wife bought, so should be fine.

Must be nice to not give a gently caress about $500

travisray2004 has a new favorite as of 01:30 on May 16, 2016

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

88h88 posted:

Why are you trying so hard to white knight a company selling $250 dollar bikes for a grand, man?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1cGtj66lOI

Are you retarded or just play one online? We get it. You no like bike.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Hrvstmn31 posted:

They apparently make a ginger ale and I loves me some ginger.

That's the same brand as the root beer, right?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Nice. Will have to try this out. I, too, am a fan of Ginger Ale.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Wasn't 4 Loko banned for being too strong? Don't recall the specifics but that poo poo tasted like turpentine.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

You seem like my kind of person.
E: What do the numbers on the bottle signify?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Mr. Pibb always just tasted like Dr. Pepper gone flat to me.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Coredump posted:

I also bought a Daskeyboard 4 when they were on sale last week. I got the professional with cherry blues.

Damnit. This is the first time I've ever heard of these going on sale. Was it a good drop?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

TheFonz posted:

I let my wife pic the color. She did well I think.

It's a gun part by the way.
I envy you, you magnificent bastard. That's the exact setup that I want.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

queserasera posted:

I wish I could buy these at the store in packs instead of 2-3 bucks a can at an eatery. The blood orange is downright tasty.

I don't know about where you live but my local Walmart and Kroger carry 6 packs for $5 and drat right; the blood orange is like crack.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

bowmore posted:

bought some sleeves and a tape

So what's with cassettes kind of coming back lately? Is it a hipster nostalgia thing or do people like recordings that sound like muddy rear end in a top hat?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

taqueso posted:

It was/is the cheapest way to do a super small run of an album. Plus hipster cred. I actually wouldn't be surprised if it has gotten more expensive since it got cool and is no longer the cheapest way.

Wouldn't a digital release be cheaper?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

I love how the lady is just completely accustomed to this occurrence.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

HaB posted:

Uh. So what happened to the Product Recommendation thread?

I can't seem to find it, and I need a laptop bag.

TIA

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3684302

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

100% Dundee posted:

Went ahead and ordered a Pixel XL in Quite Black.

Just curious; why?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

SEKCobra posted:

Way too much effort, I'm sure someone will produce this stuff cheap if they aren't doing it already.

Just buy circular magnets for $3 and you've got the same thing.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

SEKCobra posted:

Not sure how I can get circular magnets to spin like that.

Hold one magnet in the center and another with opposing polarity in the rim. Flick it with your finger.
Not exactly the same but similar enough.

E: er...on. Not in.

travisray2004 has a new favorite as of 18:15 on Oct 18, 2016

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

khysanth posted:

Mmmmmmm Kavalan

👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀👌👀 good poo poo go౦ԁ poo poo👌 thats ✔ some good👌👌poo poo right👌👌th 👌 ere👌👌👌 right✔there ✔✔if i do ƽaү so my self 💯 i say so 💯 thats what im talking about right there right there (chorus: ʳᶦᵍʰᵗ ᵗʰᵉʳᵉ) mMMMMᎷМ💯 👌👌 👌НO0ОଠOOOOOОଠଠOoooᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒᵒ👌 👌👌 👌 💯 👌 👀 👀 👀 👌👌Good poo poo

You having a loving stroke?

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Speaking of "retro" Nintendo tech; has anyone on here gotten the NES Classic? Once they do a SNES version (I'd put money on the fact that they will), I'll snatch that bitch up in seconds.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Jmcrofts posted:

I think the high prices are just people speculating - it's clear that these things are insanely popular and right now the supply can't keep up, so people are gambling that they'll become major collector's items down the line. I have a feeling Nintendo will ramp up production though, they like money.

Basically this. Nintendo would be completely idiotic not to ramp up production of it in time for the holidays. I've got an emulator setup but really like the idea of something this well executed.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Rolo posted:

I know it's never gonna happen but an SNES with internet multiplayer would get over a hundred bucks from me. My emulator 15 years ago had that.

I could see one of these third party console clone companies creating something like that. Or trying to at least. Not sure if it would even be possible from a programming perspective.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan
Buy non-poo poo meeses that don't leech your batteries. AAs are dirt loving cheap.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Spamtheman posted:

That's gonna need some explanation, how on earth is that possible? I'm prepared to accept that food prices can vary from country to country but excluding alcohol I probably spend no more than $200 a month on groceries.

Laziness.

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

Josh Lyman posted:

Forgot to share when I got this a few weeks ago:

It's ok. You didn't have to.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

travisray2004
Dec 2, 2004
SuprMan

taqueso posted:

Did it have a storefront?

It was a food truck that only discloses it's location via Twitter.