Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
Two sweet new rides, awesome.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

I bought a M3. It's quite fast.

are we the same person

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Bitching.

For content:

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Bape Culture posted:

Woot buy a supercharger for a e46 and then ship it to me hahaha. It's for a project.

I read that as "bought". So disappointed.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Digital Jedi posted:

Nexus 6P 64gb Graphite color.

My wallet now hurts.

pre order or have i missed this?

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Shanghaied posted:

Bought 30 grams worth of shorts for $30. Hope they don't look ridiculous.

Not my photo, though I do have a pink Bic lighter.

They look ridiculous.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
loving goons. Nice house.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Humerus posted:

Just bought a whole bunch of USB C stuff made by Anker, 3 USB A to C cables, one C to C, a car charger, and a desk charging brick with one C port and four A ports. I've had my Nexus 6P since release and never felt like a needed extra cables or anything, but I've wanted some and I should be set now, at least until more stuff starts using USB C (but then my computer has no USB C ports anyway).

You all know what cables look like, it's not that exciting. This thing is smaller than I expected though, like credit card sized. I used some velcro to mount it to my wall behind my desk.

Anyway it's great timing to buy all this USB C stuff because...I'm getting a free upgrade from my Nexus to a Pixel XL. The 6P has a known battery issue so in lieu of replacing it with another 6P, for some reason, Google is replacing it with the Pixel XL. I guess they're out of 6P stock. So I also bought a case for my new Pixel XL, a Spigen clear TPU.

Some people said it discolors after about a year but for $12 I'll just buy a new one if/when it happens. Pretty excited about this, I was planning to keep my refurb 6P for another few months and buy a Pixel 2, but now I can hold out for the Pixel 3.

This is the powering down early issue yeah? time to get mine replaced!

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

SpaceGoatFarts posted:

I got rid of my old, somewhat ugly but reliable car

and exchanged for the same one but much younger and slightly less ugly

e: now with 5 doors to accomodate for the baby coming in March

Sorry to tell you this but the new one is way way way uglier.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Inzombiac posted:

I have a Nexus 6P and the Pixel 2 is making me want to upgrade prematurely.

Still going strong? Mine is 2 years old; it has slowed a fair bit and the battery doesn't last too long even if it doesn't shut off at 35%.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

why has your lawnmower got headlights?

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
What? Both are cool.

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005
You guys are boring.

I got a new phone!

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Ms Boods posted:

:hf: BRG Mini-owning buddy

I've owned three since 2003 -- a 2003 in the States, which I had to sell up to move to the UK -- a secondhand 2001 here in the UK that turned out to be a massive lemon due to undisclosed water damage, and now a nice new-to-me-and-paid-off 2009.

It's a funny old thing -- in the US, everyone thought it was the coolest little sports car ever, and to be fair, I loved that little thing. It showed up on several Google map pictures that I still have screenshots of. I almost had it shipped over here with me when I moved out here in 2012, although it would have needed some modification, and left-hookers are more expensive to insure. My brother bought it from me so he could sell it on, sold it to some guy who gave it to his university-aged daughter, and she trashed it within a few weeks.

Over here, they're cars driven my estate agents and hairdressers, according to Mr Boods. Don't care; I like my Mini :colbert:

Mini tried their damndest over here to get me to turn it in after four years and lease another, but gently caress being on the cycle of never-ending car payments.

The people who don't like them probably haven't driven one. They're great fun.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ormy
Apr 5, 2005

Always regret not buying one of these when they were cheap.