Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Coffee And Pie posted:

First off, tables.

Second off, those things are usually poo poo quality and look terrible. There's a macro out there that proves my point, but it has some pretty nasty slurs in there for some reason so I won't share that.

Whoops, phone posting so I forgot the t in timg. Fixed.

I can't imagine the quality is bad enough to evoke such a crazy macro unless it's made of potato burlap sacks or something. I guess I'll find out the quality soon enough. I need more stuff for the fall, so even if it only lasts a season it's fine for the price.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Coffee And Pie posted:

Here, I made a new version of that macro where the offending slur is replaced with something less hateful.

Who would have thought that a picture of a well lit mannequin would look better than a bathroom selfie? The person who originally made that image has some issues. Like I said, it was only $30. If it lasts a season that would be just fine. If it makes you happier, here is a higher quality purchase that just arrived:

Please don't tell me there is also a macro with sad laundry room selfies about this being hand knit/welded by children in China.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Jerry Cotton posted:

Your second washing machine is missing the detergent hatch.

Damnit China!

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Digital_Jesus posted:

Not the same models but I have a samsung washer/dryer and dishwasher and all three are tanks. You'll like them.

Love them other than the "finished" jingle. Sounds like an ice cream truck which is a little goofy.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Geoj posted:

I have a no-frills top loading Samsung HE washer and I can turn the jingle off, I would expect you can do the same with a higher-optioned model...?

You can. I would just prefer a shorter one. Off -> Beeps -> Laundry Rave would be the ideal options.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
New place has a formal dining room in addition to an eat-in kitchen, so grabbed a second dining table (counter height) with 6 chairs during the Labor Day sales:

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

An 11x14 photo fits your "sick burn" perfectly. What in the world?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

spog posted:

sporg measurements

It really doesn't matter that much! Neat house (10 foot ceilings are the best), cool floors and trim (I am switching to white trim upstairs soon), and decent TV. Only upgrade the TV if it's not smart. Otherwise you'll end up with extra TVs with no place to put them.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Captain Lavender posted:

Based on a recommendation from this thread, I ordered a Sleep Innovations 12" mattress.

It showed up in about 3 days on Amazon's default shipping option. Was nearly entirely inflated soon after I opened it, but I gave it about 20 hours before trying it.

I've only slept on it once, but... it's kind of amazing. It usually takes me forever to fall asleep, but I fell asleep on this in no time. I could feel myself sink into it, and my whole body was supported, which is new to me. I'm kind of 'wide-hipped'? So there was always a noticeable gap between me and the mattress there; plus, whenever I would roll around at night, that extra hip leverage would strain my back I think. I really haven't had a good night's sleep in years.

I went to sleep on this bed, and I woke up in the exact same position, which I'm taking as a good sign. I'm excited/optimistic.

Congrats on the good night's sleep. Everyone should spend whatever it takes to find a good fitting mattress! You spend a third of your life on the drat thing, so you'd be crazy not to. It was my first big purchase as an adult and I never regretted a second of it.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

PCOS Bill posted:

Well, boobs make ME happy in the morning.

Is this why you are always so grumpy?

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Aramek posted:

Seriously, a hundred percent of the old farmers around here sport Carhartt. It is amazing.

I've shoveled snow in -20 degree weather in a Goddamn Carhartt hoodie. It's unbelievable how warm their stuff is.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

tomstuart posted:

i bought a plumber because i thought i could install my new sink/faucet/dishwasher/plumbing for my new countertop but there is a leak at the strainer under the sink i can't seem to fix

hope it wont be too expensive

at least the dishwasher and faucet don't leak

Did you use a roll of plumbers putty around the drain (I assume you mean this by strainer) when installing? This is often overlooked and absolutely necessary to keep water from running down below.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
It easily allows the keyboard to bend completely back so it's a pure tablet, similar to the magnetic keyboards on the Surface Pros. It can remain at any angle you wish, which is a huge step up from the magnetic keyboards. I think it looks pretty rad.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

I knew it detatched, but didn't realize it forced you to do that to flip it back. Bit of a bummer. Wish it worked like the Surface Pro keyboard cover as I often flip that back and forth without the need to detatch. Ah well, it still looks great and is a pretty powerful device. My Pro is my sole workstation that I dock and take as needed.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
They had to do that because of weight. Having all of the battery in the screen would make it topple in laptop mode. It's supposedly split, with 4 hours of battery life coming from the screen half and 8 hours of battery life from the keyboard half. 12 hours total.

It's still considered a tablet even if the keyboard is folded behind it. You can still get 12 hours of battery life from the 1.5 pound device or whatever it is. No more awkward to hold than the Surface Pro I imagine.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

colas posted:

All you scotch guys drink the stuff straight right?

No way it needs a lot of 7-up to be good.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

RCarr posted:

Not sure if this is the best place to ask, but can someone recommend a white noise machine? I've gotten so used to falling asleep to the sound of my (window) AC unit that after I took it out after the summer I can't sleep. I tried a fan, but I think a white noise machine would be perfect.

I picked this up for my kids when they were infants and it seems to work pretty well. The sounds aren't crystal clear (although might be better now - mine is 4 years old) but it gets the job done for the price.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Coredump posted:

Hey which frames are these? I did a reverse image search and google is guessing that they are emporio armani, which they are not.

Oakley Socket 4.0

I have the exact same sunglasses. I've had them for a few years now. Very durable and they look great. Some people don't like the thicker bands that don't wrap around your ears, but I find them very comfortable. They also stay on really well, even while running around and sweating on a hot day.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I grabbed the 250 GB version for $70. Only needed it for an OS and a few Steam games. Hard to pass up once my dumb moving parts drive starting having chkdsk errors. Windows 10 boots pretty drat fast now.

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

fyallm posted:

Powerwent out, had to bucket out the sumppump well for 3 hours so the basement didn't flood...

Went out the next morning and picked up one of these bad boys (that fine gentlemen is not me):

If at all possible, look in to the pumps that rely on water pressure from the overhead pipes, as water pressure should rarely (if ever) be lost. Then it basically takes care of itself, even if you are gone or sleeping. They have varied over the years (and gotten cheaper), but it's basically this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H8jAWAZ6TyY

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

The worst endoscope.

Congrats on the clinic!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ragequit
Jun 1, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

blarzgh posted:

Just bought ~2,000 sq.ft. of this:

Wood look ceramic tile. I tore up the old floors myself with one of these bad bitches:

I can't feel my hands anymore, my back and legs are killing me, what a terrible mistake. I'm having a professional install the floors.

Good call. I've done floors twice, but opted out for the most recent bamboo addition since it involved a hell of a lot of glue. Plus the installers did 1,200 square feet across 4 rooms in under 10 hours. It would have taken me insanely longer and it was one of the main floors with high traffic. If you can afford it - go professional.

Wood tile also looks cool - nice choice!