Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I Like Turtles kid joined the army?

oneof27
May 27, 2007
DSMtalker
Does anyone here go to Dragon Con?
I'm going to perform in the Puppet Slam and I'll be leading a workshop for costumes and puppets and a couple other panels for working professionals and such.

Big McHuge
Feb 5, 2014

You wait for the war to happen like vultures.
If you want to help, prevent the war.
Don't save the remnants.

Save them all.

oneof27 posted:

I'm going to perform in the Puppet Slam and I'll be leading a workshop for costumes and puppets and a couple other panels for working professionals and such.

I used to go every year but I skipped last year due to budget and just being burnt out after going for so long. There's an outside chance that I'll go this year because a friend of mine is trying to get me to emcee the return of Iron Artist, but I'm not sure if that's enough to get me to commit.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

spasticColon
Sep 22, 2004

In loving memory of Donald Pleasance

Holy loving poo poo.

:worship:

Spazzle
Jul 5, 2003

Final wars?

SurreptitiousMuffin
Mar 21, 2010

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I Like Turtles kid joined the army?

Deviant
Sep 26, 2003

i've forgotten all of your names.

oneof27 posted:

We have an entire thread.

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3775194

Last year we were all Zelda cheerleaders.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

twatpfiefengesicht

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Spazzle posted:

Final wars?

Or one of the other movies the Xiliens are in. Tho given that Ghidorah is more green than gold, it could be from Astro-Monster.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

But seriously, is it meant to a spec ops clown?

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hyperlynx posted:

Reading, have you tried it?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Hyperlynx posted:

"Why would a video game character wear skull facepaint? I judt don't get it!"

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

A friend of mine this last weekend at Wizard World:

Astrobastard
Dec 31, 2008

Winky Face

Hyperlynx posted:

I thought the Brazil flag wearing a fedora was a nice touch

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Inzombiac posted:

I hope they sat outside any closed doors, waiting for someone to open it for them.

Awesome costume.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

Inzombiac posted:

Daaaaaamn. That's awesome.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

I'll pass along the nice words.
He's a demon at how fast he can pump these costumes out.
I think this one was around 5 to 7 days or so.

Edit:
He's here if you want to see more
https://www.instagram.com/pretzelbot/

The Oogie Boogie dice were a commission of mine so he could get more practice with his 3D printer. They came out better than I had hoped.

Inzombiac has a new favorite as of 04:04 on Feb 22, 2017

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Dickbutt figurine spotted.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Inzombiac posted:

That is an absolutely incredibly costume.

But, the legs just seem out of place. I know the in-game model has black leggings, too, but on a person with real human proportions, they're a lot more obvious.

Patattack
Nov 23, 2008

The English Language!

Gorilla Salad posted:

That is an absolutely incredibly costume.

But, the legs just seem out of place. I know the in-game model has black leggings, too, but on a person with real human proportions, they're a lot more obvious.

I've never played the game, but now that you've pointed it out, it does look a little jarring. I think this might be one of those cases where the extremely faithful recreation of the original costume could have done with some real-world embellishment, like finding some kind of heavily-textured black fabric with a more rustic/medieval look to it...a really thick weave linen or black burlap or something.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

duz posted:

Or one of the other movies the Xiliens are in. Tho given that Ghidorah is more green than gold, it could be from Astro-Monster.

Totes Monster Zero from the looks to me.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

Patattack posted:

I've never played the game, but now that you've pointed it out, it does look a little jarring. I think this might be one of those cases where the extremely faithful recreation of the original costume could have done with some real-world embellishment, like finding some kind of heavily-textured black fabric with a more rustic/medieval look to it...a really thick weave linen or black burlap or something.

It's difficult because the model doesn't have regular human proportions.

He's not fat, he just wear far armour and you can see how short his things thighs are. You're right that burlap dyed black would probably be a great idea because, although a smooth fabric is more authentic, it looks like he's wearing tracksuit pants.

And for a costume that looks that good, you really want to go that little bit extra distance to make it work in the real world.

EDIT: thighs, not things :ughh:

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Anyone go to Katsucon?

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Goldaline
Dec 21, 2006

my dear

VendaGoat posted:

Anyone go to Katsucon?

I did! I took only horrible, drunken pictures though, so enjoy this one someone much better with a camera took of me:

Rock Man in Rock Land! (Yotsuyu Yagiyama from Jojo)

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Why's the kid raising her hands like that? :confused:

starkebn
May 18, 2004

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Why's the kid raising her hands like that? :confused:

she's italian?

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

starkebn posted:

she's italian?

Ooooooooooooo.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Improbable Lobster posted:

"Why would a video game character wear skull facepaint? I judt don't get it!"

"Why would a video game developer model a character on a special forces soldier and decide to have them wear skull facepaint, like some kind of Juggalo, instead of in any way look like an actual soldier?". You silly turd.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Hyperlynx posted:

"Why would a video game developer model a character on a special forces soldier and decide to have them wear skull facepaint, like some kind of Juggalo, instead of in any way an actual soldier?". You silly turd.

do you think special forces soldiers aren't the most tryhard motherfuckers on the planet

starkebn
May 18, 2004

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=...w=1920&bih=1070

ARR TREWPS ARE FKN PROS OKAY!

Bar Crow
Oct 10, 2012

Alaois posted:

do you think special forces soldiers aren't the most tryhard motherfuckers on the planet

Individuals forced into extreme situations will often begin mimicing stories because they lack any real world context for their experiences.

Symptoms include cosplaying while killing people and claiming the poorly made television show 24 as an excuse for torturing people.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

Fine, I'll go up a level of indirection.

"They look like a fool because they're accurately cosplaying a character modelled on some special forces soldiers who look like fools. Their accurate depiction of a character who is accurately depicting a fuckwit is admirable. I make this observation for humour value". BEEP loving BOOP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
Huh.

The cosplay thread is getting deep.

Of all loving threads.

• Locked thread