Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I just spotted this on imgur.
Such a nice guy, for a 7-foot Viking giant.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CheshireCat
Jul 9, 2001

You exist because we allow it. And you will end because we demand it.

McKilligan posted:

So - went to another Seoul Comic World - actually took quite a few photos this time. Summer has finally arrived in force, and today was the warmest we've had yet, temperatures finally hitting the 90s, maybe mid-80s in the shade. Koreans are goddamned determined to cosplay. Some of my favorites -

No idea. Cute revolver though.

One of Sheryl Nome's concert costumes from the first Macross Frontier movie.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Say Nothing posted:

I just spotted this on imgur.
Such a nice guy, for a 7-foot Viking giant.

Haha cool!

kinmik
Jul 17, 2011

Dog, what are you doing? Get away from there.
You don't even have thumbs.

McKilligan posted:

Outside, in the adjacent park, is where the majority of the cosplayers hang out to take photos. Here's a poorly stitched panoramic of the park center.

Haha, don't know why I was surprised...

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
YO!

The coat needs altering in the back, it's far too tight for wearing for a whole convention, but drat I look good regardless. Still very much a work-in-progress, of course, even discounting the alterations to the coat itself. Still need... all the other parts.

Thunderfinger
Jan 15, 2011

For those of you who don't know who he's dressing as.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
How I love my coat of many colors~

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING
Here's some badass League of Legends cosplay for you folks this fine Sunday afternoon, both by Danielle Beaulieu.

Arcade Hecarim:

Haunted Zyra:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Thanks for explaining what they were. I would have assumed the first one was a robotic rainbow dash.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?

LingcodKilla posted:

Thanks for explaining what they were. I would have assumed the first one was a robotic rainbow dash.

Or some sort of Robot Unicorn Attack tribute.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

404GoonNotFound posted:

Or some sort of Robot Unicorn Attack tribute.

To be fair, that's exactly what that skin was meant to be.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Action-Bastard
Jan 1, 2008

This is the only good Sephiroth cosplay

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

No scale-size 7-foot long katana 0/10 :colbert:

Seriously speaking, this is absolutely fantastic.

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

It's kosher to post pictures of ourselves, right?

(Although that isn't me, it's my friend/ex-roommate, and I'm incredibly jealous she's able to look so much like Aizen from Bleach.)

This is me and I forgot I was wearing my glasses still at the beginning of the photoshoot. :v:

These are actually our first costumes although it's our second year wearing them, but we didn't have any nice shots from before. It was a lot of fun making them, especially since I'd never touched a sewing machine before this and had to get a crash course from my Aizen friend who's a fashion student.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

You guys both look great! I need to do a pokemon costume so bad.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Splash Attack posted:

It's kosher to post pictures of ourselves, right?

Yep! We like seeing goon cosplay, especially when it's as well done as yours and your friend's. Please tell me she kept that smug mug the whole time she wore the costume, because it's perfect.

PezMaster
Nov 15, 2006

Though they won't admit it, women were much happier when all they had to do was bake shit and pump out babies.
I think I posted some pictures of my Han Solo / Slave Leia genderswap in the last thread? We got some great pictures taken last weekend and I thought I would share. These are my favourites:

pitlo
Dec 30, 2004

You won't get anything
done by planning.

Awesome. This is great.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Slave Leon is fantastic

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Those shoes :stare:

Unikitty :3:

LadyRavenWaves
Dec 18, 2007
You don't get stronger by lifting baby weights

McPantserton posted:

You guys both look great! I need to do a pokemon costume so bad.

If you and I went to the same cons I would say be a water trainer to go with my Lapras.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Marge, Patty & Selma

Elsa and Anna

Fallout dude

Velma

Jesse and James

Rapunzel

No clue

Terminator and John Connor

TF2 Pyro

:frogsiren:Bonus Round!:frogsiren:

RareAcumen has a new favorite as of 05:34 on Jun 6, 2014

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.

Inglourious Basterds.

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

RareAcumen posted:

Marge, Patty & Selma

If memory serves, Selma's also a really good Lumpy Space Princess.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Fallout dude

That Brotherhood of Steel guy looks awesome, and for a slight second there I thought someone was actually cosplaying Harchier Spebbington from The Ball, but then I recalled that Indiana Jones was the first one to have a guy running from a death trap boulder :negative:

Sevalar
Jul 10, 2009

HEY RADICAL LARRY HOW ABOUT A HAIRCUT

****MIC TO THE WILLY***
Probably the best team rocket cosplay I've seen, in terms of polish. Mmmmmmpressive!

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Buffalo squeeze posted:

Inglourious Basterds.

I never would have guessed it had it not been for noticing the baseball bat on the far left. If you're going to wear a costume that's basically just "dress like somebody in period clothes", you'd better make certain that you at least bear a passing resemblance to the character. Or maybe the characters from Inglourious Basterds just aren't iconic enough.

Here's how it's done:

And some more Tarantino:

And a bonus :3: Kill Bill family:

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

that Frozen picture still creeps me the gently caress out

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Splash Attack
Mar 23, 2008

Yeahhh!
I am GHOS!!
Haaaaaa Ha Ha Ha!!

GOTTA STAY FAI posted:

Yep! We like seeing goon cosplay, especially when it's as well done as yours and your friend's. Please tell me she kept that smug mug the whole time she wore the costume, because it's perfect.

Yeah, she's really good at pulling the Aizen face.

She also went as the Six Stringed Samurai and we were both really surprised that she was being constantly recognized throughout the day.

It's really not bad, considering it was made at the last minute.

Bonus pic: my friends and I were hanging around the hall around midnight and being not exactly sober, started singing Kiss From a Rose, luring over an amazing Ruby Rhod who posed for selfies with all of us.

Tiamat
Jul 25, 2008

yer a wizard, harry
I have a costume question that might be better served by the "build/make cosplay" thread but I don't know where that is - feel free to point me to it if this question should go there.

I'm in a show that requires me to have green skin. I've been looking into face/body paints and it seems like the best not-horribly-expensive option is Ben Nye MagiColor Liquid Facepaints, maybe with Final Seal spray. Does anyone have experience with these products (or others) and have application tips? Sadly an airbrush is likely too pricey so it'll have to go on with a sponge or brush. Also it's a show, so this has the added fun bonus (!) of needing to be something I can apply very quickly, like in 15 minutes or less.

Thank you!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Tiamat posted:

I have a costume question that might be better served by the "build/make cosplay" thread but I don't know where that is - feel free to point me to it if this question should go there.

I posted a link on the first page of this thread. ;)

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

I posted a link on the first page of this thread. ;)

Right, forgot about that. Added it to the OP.

Ulta
Oct 3, 2006

Snail on my head ready to go.
Goomba costume at DragonCon a few years ago

Bonus how tall the guy actually is

Sprry for blurry camera.

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost

He should cosplay as Shaggy, cause lift a loving weight sometimes, jeeze.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I'm more intrigued by the Bud Light Stormtrooper next to the Goomba man.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Holy poo poo.

• Locked thread