Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer
Sweet Christmas!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Valtaherra
Feb 23, 2007

It's a personal pineapple

It's never gonna stop being weird seeing people I know pop up randomly in these pics threads (I went to high school with Leeloo [edit: just realized that the guy she's with was someone I knew too, that's apparently some really good cosplay])

In fact, I'm pretty sure this is her here too:

Valtaherra has a new favorite as of 05:40 on Jun 11, 2014

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Here's two good ones from ColossalCon this year in Sandusky, OH at the Kalahari. Not my photos, sadly.

Edit: Here's a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKFvSmgLEV4

Eldritch BiLast has a new favorite as of 05:44 on Jun 11, 2014

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Did she really have to put marbles in her bra.

Mobius 1
Aug 29, 2004
Sierra Hotel!

Valtaherra posted:

It's never gonna stop being weird seeing people I know pop up randomly in these pics threads (I went to high school with Leeloo [edit: just realized that the guy she's with was someone I knew too, that's apparently some really good cosplay])

In fact, I'm pretty sure this is her here too:

What makes it even funnier is that it is me in both those pictures :). I also made both the Leeloo and the Meryl costume as well as the Witcher one.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Pyramid Head has fallen on hard times after those movies flopped :(

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
First Biker Mice from Mars cosplay?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dr_Amazing posted:

First Biker Mice from Mars cosplay?

Weirdly enough I was just browsing a Finnish cosplayer's blog and she cosplayed as the BMfM's human friend Charlene "Charley" Davidson back in 2012.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

This is fantastic. How do you even get fabric that's so bright it looks like it came right out of a comic book?

jmistajay
Aug 28, 2012

Mango chutney salsa!

LoonShia posted:

Could he sing, too?

He was actively singing at the top of his lungs when I took the picture. It was loving great.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

This is officially my new favorite all time cosplay photo. The disdain on Grandma's face over having to sit next to Pyramid Head on the bus is so great.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Giving this some love because it got skipped over in the discussion:

He got posted earlier in the thread if anyone is wondering what the character us supposed to be:

BARONS GAMES WHINER posted:

So someone decided to cosplay as MGS5's "troubling" character Quiet

This character.

I very nearly said at the time "He needs to tear some holes in his tights :colbert:" so I'm glad to see he was just holding that in reserve for when he got to the con. :v:

RodShaft
Jul 31, 2003
Like an evil horny Santa Claus.

Dick Trauma posted:

Fabric that's so bright it looks like it came right out of a comic book.
Xtra's new slogan.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

LingcodKilla posted:

Did she really have to put marbles in her bra.

But really, what's the point of wearing a bra if you're just going to put fake nipples on top of it? I think most people are just going to assume from a glance (or a leer) that you're not wearing anything under your one-piece.

Lance Streetman
Feb 20, 2011

A parfait is a dessert, but it is also the French word for perfect.

From Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

gamera009
Apr 7, 2005

Lance Streetman posted:

From Jojo's Bizarre Adventure.

While technically good, anything Jojo related requires an order of magnitude more sass.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

King Vidiot posted:

But really, what's the point of wearing a bra if you're just going to put fake nipples on top of it? I think most people are just going to assume from a glance (or a leer) that you're not wearing anything under your one-piece.

Isn't it just seams pinching in on a strapless bra? I'm no expert, though.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

King Vidiot posted:

Might be because the character looks like she's not wearing anything under that one piece, but the costumer might want to be wearing underwear. This lets her keep the costume looking correct, while keeping her from exposing more than she wants.

El Estrago Bonito
Dec 17, 2010

Scout Finch Bitch
I feel that if you're going to do JoJo cosplay you need to smear your entire body with a layer of Vaseline.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

El Estrago Bonito posted:

I feel that if you're going to do JoJo cosplay you need to smear your entire body with a layer of Vaseline.

Be careful, suggesting that anime fans should cover themselves with inflammable substances may be against forum rules.

I suspect some major 'shopping has been done on that picture. That woman's waist is about as wide as her head, without benefit of corsetry. Shame, really, the costume is very good.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Dr_Amazing
Apr 15, 2006

It's a long story
I know the "head/tails" guys are from Bioshock but what's their deal?

SpartanIvy
May 18, 2007
Hair Elf
Answer: they're the same person from different realities. The coin flip is a test/example showing that some events are static between realities where as others are variable. Each mark on the board is from the player character flipping the coin in a previous/parallel reality.

McPantserton
Jan 19, 2005

IRONICALLY SWEALTERING

Dr_Amazing posted:

I know the "head/tails" guys are from Bioshock but what's their deal?

Plays, played, will play. Totally just play Bioshock Infinite. ;)

Dr Christmas
Apr 24, 2010

Berninating the one percent,
Berninating the Wall St.
Berninating all the people
In their high rise penthouses!
🔥😱🔥🔫👴🏻

SpartanIV posted:

Answer: they're the same person from different realities. The coin flip is a test/example showing that some events are static between realities where as others are variable. Each mark on the board is from the player character flipping the coin in a previous/parallel reality.

More answer: They are the Lutences, Rosalind is the inventor of much of the technology in Columbia, and her "brother" Robert from a "normal" parallel universe.

The bad guys try to engineer a lab accident to assassinate them for knowing too much, but instead they get unstuck in space time and appear everywhere like quantum trickster spirits.

Being ghostly pale is not part of their costume.

Dr Christmas has a new favorite as of 05:42 on Jun 14, 2014

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

McPantserton posted:

Plays, played, will play. Totally just play Bioshock Infinite. ;)

You know, when by sheer coincidence you just happen to stop scrolling this page at this point:

You start to wonder if the bottom half is going to be work safe or not...

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Let's do this

I then went "Hmmm, I wonder how many people have cosplayed as obscure He-Man characters" and then spent 12 hours trying to track down loving Rio Blast and Man-E-Faces and Kowl and everyone else. I maybe have to split that post up into 2 or 3 parts because I've got several dozen images to post.

Here's Rio Blast and Man-E-Faces and Kowl as teasers:

Mobius 1
Aug 29, 2004
Sierra Hotel!

Its not shopped

Remora
Aug 15, 2010

That is the best expression.

PunkBoy
Aug 22, 2008

You wanna get through this?
Yuna's not too pleased about the new Dressphere concept. In all seriousness though, that's a good cosplay. She even has the heterochromia eyes!

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
I posted pictures of this a couple of pages back.
Video of Hafthor 'The Mountain' Bjornsson getting made up as The Hulk for a child's birthday party.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tv4t9LhDLQ8

goodbyebluesky
Sep 14, 2007

Reo
Apr 11, 2003

That'll do, Carlos.
That'll do.

I posted a con-floor shot a little while ago, but here's a nicer studio shot of my wife's Katniss. First wings we've made, and I think they worked pretty well.

Reo has a new favorite as of 02:42 on Jun 15, 2014

Boomerjinks
Jan 31, 2007

DINO DAMAGE
Our 50th and 51st members!

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.

Boomerjinks posted:

Our 50th and 51st members!

My brother and I loved it! Here his "rushing" to get to Pizza Time.

Have a ton of pictures will try to put up some highlights.

Deep Thoreau
Aug 16, 2008

That doom is loving fantastic.

Lord Lambeth
Dec 7, 2011

DrBouvenstein posted:

You know, when by sheer coincidence you just happen to stop scrolling this page at this point:

You start to wonder if the bottom half is going to be work safe or not...

What are you talking about, that's how everyone does CPR.

TheWorstAtWords
May 27, 2012

Reo posted:

I posted a con-floor shot a little while ago, but here's a nicer studio shot of my wife's Katniss. First wings we've made, and I think they worked pretty well.

Holy crap, this is great. I probably could've been convinced it was an actual promo shot from the movies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
I went to Denver Comic Con yesterday and took a ton of photos. My brother and I went as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch and did our best to track down all the Magnetos that we could. I am not sure what I'm doing with this pose but I made it almost every time.

Here are a ton more. I am not sure of all of the characters.

This guy was jammin' all day.

Tinas! LOUISES!

Her pose covered up a ton of pretty beading on the dress

Genderbending

This guy had a speaker box so he could boom commands at people.

This makeup was incredible.

More genderbending.

This guy had a friend pushing this washing machine around for him.

Funhilde has a new favorite as of 19:06 on Jun 15, 2014

• Locked thread