Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Battle damaged Terminator (yes I know Arnold lost his left arm in the movie). More work: Terminator after peeling the skin off the arm to show Miles Dyson.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
I think its more the waist than anything.

veedubfreak posted:

I'm not sure you understand how bras work.

Unless its full of tissue paper, her breasts are still decently sized.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Truly the best character in Fern Gully was The Leveler, but I doubt anybody has the body type to pull that cosplay off.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
I don't know, from the neck down she still looks like a random person from the Mad Max universe, its just that from the neck up she has a (really well done) mask and makeup of a specific character. If she was cosplaying as Lord Humungus you would probably expect her to change the outfit slightly to fit her gender (partially so she wouldn't get arrested).

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Paladinus posted:

Aladdin actually takes place in a post-apocalyptic world, which explains why Gennie knows all those pop-culture references.

Could also just be some shithole in the present without modern conveniences. Those places still exist.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.
Was the car stolen while on the mechanic's property before they gave it back? Because that sounds like their insurance should be paying for it (and the deductible).

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Zortzico posted:

I knew a guy in highschool who had a lovely old trans am that he thought was amazing (faded metallic blue, had fighter jets airbrushed on the hood) and put some sweet blue blinky LED lighting under the dash. One night he was out in the middle of nowhere and decided to stick one of the light units to his roof. Got pulled over and ticketed for impersonating a snow plow. In July.

I don't know of anywhere that snow plows are allowed to use blue lights (instead of yellow) so that was probably the cop being nice and giving him the "impeding traffic" of impersonating a police officer.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Practical Demon posted:

The Larkin Love picture in the Power Girl costume is a still from a video where she blows a guy, but nice try.

Its not like there was a picture posted of her blowing a guy, and its a good costume so I don't see the problem.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Sexy Bill Cypher?

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

There's been a bunch of R-rated 'adult' superhero films (Watchmen, V for Vendetta, Kick-rear end, Dredd, Darkman, The Punisher, Tank Girl, The Crow, Blade) but they usually perform wayyyyy under what the shinybright PG-13 'family' superhero films like Batman or Avengers achieve at the box office. Deadpool was an R-rated superhero film that came out earlier this year and it's made more than three quarters of a billion dollars worldwide so far which took everyone by surprise and will probably lead to a slew of lovely knock-off R-rated superhero films over the next decade trying to recapture the lightning in the cashbottle.

Remind me why Tank Girl was rated R?

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

That still looks pretty shopped and so do the couple I saw on her site. The costume looks pretty decent, but now I'm more curious how it looks when she isn't photoshopping herself thinner and then nerds aren't photoshopping her photoshop to make her thicker.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

What? I don't care if she's fat or has only one leg and photoshopped a second one into her pictures or whatever, I'm just curious what she feels was necessary to hide.

Of course, I'm pretty sure its just that she learned a skill and is now overusing it like all the people with dutch angles or have cosplay pictures that are mostly filters layered on top of each other.

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Floppychop posted:

This is from her site, and doesn't seem to be photoshopped.

I'll be the first to admit that I only know the basics of how cosplay is constructed, I just saw this left image...

...where, now that I look at it again, it looks like her corset thing isn't playing well with her leg fabric (because if you were altering the image in post, that would be hard to miss). Plus, the image compression is acting up at the high contrast edges of her legs/the ground and her hands/her hips/cape and leaving an extra jagged edge.

tl;dr Someone posted a photoshoped image of a well done cosplay and now all fabric with a flat texture looks unnatural to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cat Hatter
Oct 24, 2006

Hatters gonna hat.

Should have dressed as a Dom.

• Locked thread