Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

That's Rescue, aka Pepper Potts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

burnsep posted:

Oddly specific question- a friend (female, mid 20's, petite but very fit) lost her right arm below the elbow a couple of years back, and she's been thinking up cosplay/general costume ideas that play off the arm. She likes the idea of dressing up as Nemo (from Finding Nemo) or Luke Skywalker (although that seems pretty tough to pull off) but I thought I'd check this thread for more thoughts on this. What would you do?

Rick Grimes or Meryl Dixon.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Agreed.

Also agreed. I definitely think Samurai-Guy-Whos-Name-I-Forget could have easily pulled it off if he'd picked a better pose.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Agreed.

Also agreed. I definitely think Samurai-Guy-Whos-Name-I-Forget could have easily pulled it off if he'd picked a better pose.

Uzu Sanageyama. And agreed.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

As kinmilk hinted at, there's an entire movement of specifically redrawing Hawkeye in the ludicrous poses comic artists use for female characters. There's an entire website:
http://thehawkeyeinitiative.com/

And of course the cosplay world got right on it:

Related:

Stupid sexy Hawkeye.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Pretty sure that is RJ Haddy from face off.

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Madmarker posted:

Hey I got back from Animazement in Raleigh this year, and had a great time parading around as Mario. Anyway, the fun I had in my relatively slapdash costume got me inspired to try and do something that actually required effort to look decent. So I want to try and put together a Majin Buu costume as I love dragonballz, can do Majin Buu's voice and well, have the correct physique and dimensions for it. that being said, I want it to look good and not like most sad Majin Buu cosplay I've seen posted here and other places.
The main sticking point seems to be the head, Majin Buu's head and tentacle thing. So does anyone have any good idea's on how to go about making that and having it look good. I've seen a few tutorials on making latex masks, but quite frankly they flew right over my head. So, does anyone have any ideas? The rest of the outfit seems rather easy with the exception of the boots.

I have no delusions that I can make something as good as the italian sfx guy posted earlier, but something that doesn't look too stupid would be nice.

You may want to check out the cosplay creation thread over in DIY.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3473045

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fallin1
May 14, 2007

...mostly MSG.

Klaus88 posted:

*This space reserved for a stock Lana Kane's hands joke.*

Johnny Bench called.

• Locked thread