Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

burnsep posted:

Oddly specific question- a friend (female, mid 20's, petite but very fit) lost her right arm below the elbow a couple of years back, and she's been thinking up cosplay/general costume ideas that play off the arm. She likes the idea of dressing up as Nemo (from Finding Nemo) or Luke Skywalker (although that seems pretty tough to pull off) but I thought I'd check this thread for more thoughts on this. What would you do?

Seriously? How am I the first person to say Ash from Evil Dead? Get a chainsaw on that arm ASAP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Sgt. Politeness posted:

This is me dressed as The Will from Saga, posing with a friend's painting at Motor City Comic Con

You could do a great Stark from Farscape.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Jonny Angel posted:

Hey DoctorWhat, sorry to ask something that sounds kinda accusatory, but why do you choose that specific Doctor to cosplay? My understanding of him is limited to two facts: he has a ridiculous colorful coat (a good reason to cosplay him), and he apparently likes to choke women? (a good reason not to cosplay him)

"Hey, I dont want to ask what sounds like a loaded question, but have you stopped beating your wife?"

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Hydrolith posted:

Wow, didn't expect to see Wilfred outside Australia!

Can I assume then that this is the first you have heard of the american remake? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilfred_%28U.S._TV_series%29

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Cheesemaster200 posted:

Unless I missed something, people with asian ancestry aren't colored yellow. Granted I have only traveled throughout half the continent, so I can't really speak of all of it.

This is surely not a good faith arguement, right? Like there is no loving way.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

I'm maybe over cautious, but I'd check the wavelength of the UV LEDs you are planning on mounting centimetres from your eyes. UV light can be pretty bad for the eye, and while its unlikely the LEDs are putting out a lot of UVB (or really any UVC I'd assume) I'd double check with the optometrist you are going to be talking to anyway.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

muscles like this? posted:

That seems like a good way to get kicked out of the convention.

They were going to, but he stood next to 3 other people and they couldnt find him.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

swamp waste posted:

That's not what i meant at all. It's on you not to consume a ton of poo poo you don't enjoy in order to get to some always-promised, never-delivered justification. Don't worry about the journey and the destination, because it's all entertainment, it asks nothing of you beyond keeping your eyes open. Thinking about media as something to joylessly shovel down so you can get to the "end" will sap every bit of pleasure from it and leave you unsatisfied when it inevitably-- literally always-- can't deliver the transcendence it has implied is coming. This is something i figured out when i was like 14 and the x-files started to suck really bad

Yeah, I was a really pretentious teenager too.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Rob Liefeld was the 90s-est of the 90s comic artists and he was pretty much a kid who was in the right place at the right time (he was a professional comic artist at 21 and was setting industry sales records at 24) who never ever grew up or matured as an artist because in his mind he was doing everything absolutely right and there was no need for him to ever progress. If you read some of his recent blog posts he still blames all the criticism of his work on "haters" and genuinely thinks his sales records show that he's right and everyone else is wrong.

He also invented Deadpool so the cosplay world would never have been the same without him. :v:

We also wouldn't have these wonderful Cable cosplayers:

I'm pretty sure its unintentional, but I am amused by the fact that all of these pictures have been framed so that the cosplayers feet are off-panel. Thats what makes them authentic Liefeld cosplay.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

poptart_fairy posted:

Can we have at least one thread in PYF that doesn't get caught up in gamergate and MRA talk.

http://i.imgur.com/oomyzMS.webm

you made me type overwatch widowmaker butt inflate into google i hope youre happy

Colloidal silver face with an oakland booty.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

TontoCorazon posted:

Wait, no eye contact?

Ignore that rude motherfucker, its that you never BREAK eye contact.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Scratch Monkey posted:

Can we move on from complaining about cosplay cheesecake to something more pressing like complaining about cosplaying as an obscure character from some dumb Japanese comic or video game that nobody but weeaboos can recognize?

Sure, as soon as you post the list of things you know so everyone is aware of the cultural references that its okay to get. Anything you personally dont recognise is obviously verboten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

FirstAidKite posted:

American comics are best approached with a buffet mindset

"Cram as much as possible inside yourself in as short a time as you possibly can, then sit quietly, barely moving, regretting every single life choice that brought you to this moment"?

• Locked thread