Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Edit: disregard, turned out Bad Girl has an alternate outfit I've never seen.

bewilderment has a new favorite as of 04:47 on Nov 18, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

pentyne posted:

She's dressed as the original manga version of Misty.

The author was...weird about having extremely sexualized female characters literally every chance he could.

That's not the 'original' manga, it was a weird kind of adaptation manga. Pokemon was a game first, an anime second, and all followed from there. It had odd issues.

Here's either some dedication to the costume, a good way to work in baldness, or a good headcovering. Not sure which.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Internet Kraken posted:

I've heard people say this about many anime and I really doubt its true in any of them. Even if it was that means they are simultaneously criticizing anime tropes while embracing them for appeal, which is hypocritical as hell and undermines any message they could send.

This is pretty much exactly what Evangelion was, though? It's pretty obvious and is admitted by the studio.
Shinji: The 'reluctant male hero with daddy issues' pushed to the absolute limit of the concept.
Asuka and Rei: The teen love triangle sees strong use to this day, and they're colour-coded here for convenience! Rei's the emotionless girl archetype frequently seen (and she's one of a series of clones, hurr), Asuka is the fiery redhead who turns out to have severe attention and neglect issues.

All the other characters and plot points are based around that. Of course they're still embracing it for viewers, though - gotta make that sweet merchandise money.

ANYWAY COSPLAY
I was curious if anyone had cosplayed this character, Nautilus from LoL. I don't think this person can move their limbs.

bewilderment
Nov 22, 2007
man what

Who What Now posted:

It's gotta just unleash a visible wave of stank when she peels it off. Probably sounds like velcro and smells like a fish market in the middle of summer too. :barf:

I'm not sure if you've ever been to a con but this would probably go totally unnoticed given some of those crowds.
Probably less icky than some of those giant full-body costumes that take effort to move around in, too.

• Locked thread