Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

burnsep posted:

Oddly specific question- a friend (female, mid 20's, petite but very fit) lost her right arm below the elbow a couple of years back, and she's been thinking up cosplay/general costume ideas that play off the arm. She likes the idea of dressing up as Nemo (from Finding Nemo) or Luke Skywalker (although that seems pretty tough to pull off) but I thought I'd check this thread for more thoughts on this. What would you do?

There's also Baiken from guilty gear if we're riding the arm thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Jesus I didn't notice the bruise work at first. That's some attention to detail.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Choco1980 posted:

Make fun of me if you have to, but man, I just don't get MOBA culture at all. Like, whenever I look at any footage of like, LOL or whatever, it all looks the same, with tiny, poorly detailed characters with barely any animation frames even. Yet at the same time there's all these huge cults of popularity around all the many obscure characters and their personalities (which don't appear to be actually displayed in game, correct me if I'm wrong) and all these videos like the Jinx one linked above, and I find myself highly doubting the videos are at all representative of gameplay (outside of you know, her shooting stuff). Are they so big in the cosplay world because their variety and concept art is so detailed that they still look cool while having a reduced chance of running into someone else as that character? I really don't get it. :iiam:

Don't worry about not understanding mobas. I play them and am definitely a fan of LOL and DOTA and I still don't think you should worry if it's impenetrable to you. It's probably for the best. In LoLs case the characters get a lot of art, lore, and they have a lot of in-game quotes and emotes too. Like, Jinx has a music video so that does a lot to establish her character. The video is also surprisingly representative though not exactly of how play as her goes. The weapons she uses in the video are all moves she has in-game. Well, except for the rocket surfing.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

BattleCattle posted:

How does Sorceress Edea get through doors?

Compression

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Wade Wilson posted:

Can anyone not having a midlife crisis share with the rest of us who the character is?

Paladinus posted:

Her name is literally written on her face. I know the character, but that's how I was able to identify her.

There you go. She's from league of legends, yeah

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Yeah man, pouches belted to bare skin? Chafe city.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

MsJoelBoxer posted:

I made my first ever cosplay this year for PAX East (Chun Li from Street Fighter) and a very nice photographer stopped and asked to take a photo. This link goes to the Imgur album of about 400 of the photos he took. Here's the shot he got of me. I am beaming and really grateful to have this memory of a pretty incredible day.

2/10 legs aren't twice the width of your torso. (This is actually real good, good job)

Edit: Also I clicked the album and the first thing I saw was the Singed cosplayer who was the only one I took a picture of at PAX East.

Glagha has a new favorite as of 16:37 on May 10, 2016

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Cleretic posted:

And yet he also created Meryl, Mei Ling, Fortune, The Boss, Strangelove who are all great, plus the arguably good EVA and Naomi...

I think he just has a weird idea of what he can get away with doing, and it screws up an otherwise solid effort to make good female characters.

Reminder Meryl is recognizable in disguise specifically because of her rear end and has the line in the first game "Women have more hiding places than men." so I don't know if that's going to be one of the examples of Kojima not being a creep. She is a pretty good character that aside though. Quiet is 100% the worst in every possible way.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

5/10, not nearly smug enough.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Snatch Duster posted:

oh golly, i wish someone would save me

*unzips*

I'm more upset that Power Girl is defeated by ropes. Horseshit!

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

Can't see this as anything but gender-swapped Tina Belcher

Same. This is NOT a bad thing, by any means either.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Arcsquad12 posted:

Not blue enough

Okay what's the deal with the blue Velma edits/jokes again?

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

LingcodKilla posted:

Thank god she's holding up that pillar!

Stay strong cosplay lady!

What is that cosplay other than "My costume is held together with tape and prayer"

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Ralph Bakshi was considered a good filmmaker at one point wasn't he? Because everything I've seen that had his name on it seemed to be meandering and incomprehensible and had awful rotoscoping

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Nordick posted:

Heh, "bust"ing indeed

Heh, hehheh

eh

Isn't the witchblade like an alien symbiote or something? So technically not wrong? I have no idea I just know it's the comic/anime with the titties

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

If comics have taught me anything, everyone wants to gently caress spiderman.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

jaclynhyde posted:

More Gladio from the official FFXV twitter:

Oh my goooood I just noticed the cup in his pants.

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

Kwyndig posted:

I am probably the only person reading this thread who is mad that her costume doesn't cover more of her chest (because it's not accurate, damnit!)

You're not alone, that jumped out at me too. Like immediate thought was that even I-no wears her jacket more closed than that. Plus from a cosplay perspective it seems real odd to just let your bra just hang way out like that. It kinda clashes with the look.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Glagha
Oct 13, 2008

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
AAAAAAaaAAAaaAAaAA
AAAAAAAaAAAAAaaAAA
AAAA
AaAAaaA
AAaaAAAAaaaAAAAAAA
AaaAaaAAAaaaaaAA

metricchip posted:

Henchman 21?

Nite Owl from Watchmen I'm pretty sure. Actually not THAT inaccurate considering he was a bit doughy as a retired superhero but he never got that big :v:

• Locked thread