Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Forti
May 5, 2009

burnsep posted:

Oddly specific question- a friend (female, mid 20's, petite but very fit) lost her right arm below the elbow a couple of years back, and she's been thinking up cosplay/general costume ideas that play off the arm. She likes the idea of dressing up as Nemo (from Finding Nemo) or Luke Skywalker (although that seems pretty tough to pull off) but I thought I'd check this thread for more thoughts on this. What would you do?

get a fake beard and do gender swapped Big Boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forti
May 5, 2009

Doctor Bishop posted:

Okay, now where's the cosplay of Garrus in a suit and top hat?

Forti
May 5, 2009

foxatee posted:

Oh my glob.
OH MY GLOB.
Uuuuuungh. I love it so much it huuuuurts! gently caress, that's an awesome Krang. Fuuuuuck!

how old are you

Forti
May 5, 2009

John Xena

Forti
May 5, 2009

E: woops, gateway not so bad after all I guess

Forti
May 5, 2009

Or maybe they feel like having smooth, flat shaded skin makes them look even more like the anime character they're pretending to be, which is, after all, the whole point.

Forti
May 5, 2009

:allears:

Forti
May 5, 2009

Why are you posting costumes in the children's toys sexism discussion MEGATHREAD, kindly go elsewhere

Forti
May 5, 2009

Hyperlynx posted:

Mate, I don't even care. Play Undertale. Everyone should play Undertale.

I actively hated it when I started playing it, looking for any excuse to dislike it, and by the end of the game it's one of my all-time favourites. Even though the art style is garbage. It's just an incredible game.

shut the gently caress up no one cares

Forti
May 5, 2009

Madmarker posted:

The game itself is actually fun with a pretty inventive storyline and interesting replay mechanic. The characters, story, music and atmosphere of the game is all very well done. The mechanics and interesting spin on typical Jrpg conventions helps with that.

The problem is that it attracts the same high school age kids that would have been attracted to Homestuck a few years ago. Some of the humor of the game is almost perfectly designed to attract those sorts of people like moths to a flame. I still really like the game and think people should try it out, but I do agree, the fanbase can be a bit twee and distrubing at times.

Oh my god just loving shut up LITERALLY nobody cares

didn't use bodypaint 0/10

Forti
May 5, 2009

Axel Serenity posted:

My favorite couple this year, by far

Excellent

Forti
May 5, 2009

What does R rating mean and why is there suddenly such a loving fuss about it recently

Forti
May 5, 2009

Patattack posted:

Man, I don't know what everyone else is going on about with alien languages, I thought VendaGoat's post conveyed this concept without confusion. Maybe it was worded oddly in some places, but I absolutely understood the point.

Just, you know, so that VendaGoat doesn't think they're being gaslighted or anything.

I also followed the point of that post with no trouble. These people are simpletons.

The best thing about modern wrestling is the New Day and their gaming channel they have on youtube where they shave nerdy journalists and beat other wrestlers at Windjammers

Forti
May 5, 2009

TheMadMilkman posted:

I guess not.

Is there a special name for that kind of light material with the hexagonal pattern on it? I need a bunch of it for a costume but have no idea what to search for.

Forti
May 5, 2009

Points for effort

Forti
May 5, 2009

Gammatron 64 posted:

Because I don't want to huff actual spray paint

Zero points for effort.

Forti
May 5, 2009

grumplestiltzkin posted:

I legit thought this was a render or screenshot or something until I noticed the url in the bottom right. :perfect:

That's pretty outstanding.

Thing is, I don't get why people complained about Tracer being sexualised but no one said anything about this entire awful, awful design.

Overwatch seems a 50/50 split between great character design and really cringeworthy character design.

I like the angel one though

Forti
May 5, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Uh, Widowmaker was a huge target of mockery when she was revealed though? Moreso when a weird glitch made her arse inflate every time she activated a special ability.

I did not know either of these things and one of them is fantastic

Forti
May 5, 2009

Are they cosplaying the video for Sledgehammer

Forti
May 5, 2009

poptart_fairy posted:

Way too loving true. I don't even like guns but since having it pointed out, NYARGH.

I like guns a lot and couldn't give less of a poo poo, different strokes I guess

Forti
May 5, 2009

Sweetie, Darling

I am friends with these people and very happy about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Forti
May 5, 2009

QueenOfMistakes posted:

Did your friends happen to attend Amecon this weekend? Because if so, I saw them and they were fabulous, dahling,.

Yeah, you'll probably also have seen me hanging 20 feet behind them laughing my rear end off the whole time

• Locked thread