Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

404GoonNotFound posted:

Or some sort of Robot Unicorn Attack tribute.

To be fair, that's exactly what that skin was meant to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant
Here's two good ones from ColossalCon this year in Sandusky, OH at the Kalahari. Not my photos, sadly.

Edit: Here's a video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKFvSmgLEV4

Eldritch BiLast has a new favorite as of 05:44 on Jun 11, 2014

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Drone posted:

Oh my God is that Wilf cosplay? :kimchi:

I know it's Wilf after seeing the Doctor, but when I was first scrolling past this, before I got to the kid, I totally saw Steve Zissou.

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

King Vidiot posted:

Eh, the only problem I personally have with them is the awful music choice. And I'm too busy admiring the costumes to be irritated by the overused high-speed camera "rotating while slowing down in time with the music" montage thing.

I've seen one being filmed and it's really the most obnoxious poo poo. Dude had a sizable chunk of floor space marked off, was doing 50 different kinds of spins, and couldn't properly step with his steadycam rig, so it was eating a lot of shock that it shouldn't.

Of course the people I was with had to have their time to shine in the video, but yeah. It's completely overdone at this point. I think the first few started popping up around 2010?

Eldritch BiLast
Jul 7, 2009

Pummel Sylvanas
Melee Range
Instant

Vietnamwees posted:

Are the people filming those montages officially with the convention staff, or are they literally just random convention attendees that are acting like they have authority to do that? Or does the convention only hire one crew to do it, but there's always a few "unofficial" ones? I'd imagine that if a random crew tried to setup shop like this, they'd get shut down pretty quickly by security.

They're random convention attendees for the most part. Occasionally one will get a press pass and is required to sign a waiver that they won't charge for any shots they do, since that defeats the purpose of a press pass. Depending on the Convention, they'll either be taking up floor space with their stuff and acting all high-and-mighty, or if there's good outdoor scenery, they'll wind up out there most of the time. Example: ColossalCon is at a Waterpark Resort, and there's a lot of outdoor things to do. Pools, Zip Lines, safari/petting zoo, and such. Most of the stuff there winds up happening outdoors.

Although I almost punched a photographer out when he came into the hot tub with all of his gear and two girls just because he wanted to get shots of them under the waterfall. Shoved us all aside so we weren't blocking his pictures.

• Locked thread