Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Boomerjinks posted:

Holy mother of god.

Did they move in sync all the time?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Reo posted:

Edit: If this wasn't already posted he also did Killing Joke:

That's either some really good prop-building or photoshop, and in either case a neurotic kind of attention to detail. The camera and lens markings are spot on, but neither of them is real. "Witz" is German for "Joke", and "Witzmacher" is a cover-correct misspelling of "Witzemacher", joke maker, both made up to look like camera branding.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Since, supposedly, the internet does not forget, there's got to be some place where the video is rehosted?
I, for the life of me, can't find it, though.

Googling CanineHybrid turns up a lot of WTF, and the original. Clicking the link gives one of the girls some advertising pennies, though, and I don't know how that should make you feel.

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

The Locator posted:

How exactly does one make a living doing this professionally? I was not aware that there existed a professional giant robot competition circuit.

I don't know about a circuit, per se, but some opportunities do exist.

Cassius Belli has a new favorite as of 12:51 on Oct 4, 2015

Cassius Belli
May 22, 2010

horny is prohibited

starkebn posted:

To talk about that gallery in a more constructive way, I assume in a situation like that it's a photographer or a cosplay group who hire a model to make a costume for and then do a set like that most of the time right? Or do you think that she had a big part in the construction too? I'm not curious enough to go to google for answers, just thought some more in-the-know types would have an idea.

Disharmonica describes herself on her Patreon page as a "cosplayer, erocosplayer and photo model", so this looks like a Thing for her, at least as much as it is for the photographer.

starkebn posted:

If it is then it's a lot like the Overwatch sets from not long ago with Tracer(?) and d.Va(?) and there seems to be a fairly blurry line between what is cosplay and what is professional.

In the age of Patreon and Etsy shops, that line can get pretty blurry in a lot of ways, and with a lot of hobbies. A lot of people are making a few side dollars to take the sting off their expenses, and at a certain point that helps you take yourself to the next level; it's a lot easier to justify, say, finding and renting a location and hiring a model or photographer for an afternoon or weekend if you know you'll make at least most of it back. There's a long continuum from "Made my first dollar!" through "It covers expenses" and "I paid for all my training and gear, too" all the way to "I quit my day job" and beyond.

I'm sure there are also working models who approach cosplay from the other direction - a business proposition/promotional endeavor that happens to be more fun than yet another shampoo ad with the fan and the white backdrop - but I don't really have a good way to talk about it.

In this particular case, Disharmonica for example makes about $1100/month from her Patreon, which she's had going since February. That seems pretty good considering she's living in Russia where the median income is $600/month, but she's got expenses and Patreon can be pretty variable. How pro is that?

• Locked thread